My friend and I stayed here in October 2007 - we're Aussies. We stayed on Excelsior floor 14 which was renovated, non-smoking, clean and air-conditioning working. The breakfast was satisfactory. We arrived at 11pm and the staff were helpful which was a surprise after the reviews I had read. We asked housekeeping for a power converter for an electrical appliance we'd brought with us and it was delivered within 10 minutes. We really only slept in the hotel and didn't have time to use the pool or any other facilities but that wasn't the purpose of our stay. The rooms were poorly lit (no reading in bed possible) though clean and comfortable. The only complaint was that the swipe card keys to access the lift and room took 20 swipes to open the room - the magnetic strip was worn out - other people I met in the lift also had the same problem.
Overall, it is a reasonably priced hotel with great location but for such a cheap price it is good value - don't expect the Westin or Raffles,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the heart of the city within easy reach to exciting landmarks in Singapore including the Singapore Night Race circuit which is just 2 minutes walk away as it is one of the trackside hotels.Just 5 minutes walk to City Hall MRT Interchange where the North-South, East-West MRT lines meet and also to the popular night spot at Clarke Quay. Only 5 minutes drive to the Esplanade, Marina Bay Sands Casino and Convention Centre, Chinatown and Orchard Road tourist shopping belt. 10 minutes drive to Resorts World Sentosa Casino and Universal Studios theme park. 20 minutes drive to Changi International Airport.The two towers of Peninsula.Excelsior Hotel offer 600 guests rooms and suites with simple luxury as well as function rooms for seminars and wedding banquets. The hotel also offers a business center and a tour desk to assist with travel arrangements.Peninsula.Excelsior Hotel Singapore is an excellent choice for business and holiday travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Peninsula Excelsior Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Singapore
- Peninsula Excelsior Singapore
- Peninsula Singapore
- Peninsula Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Peninsula