“A well conserved building” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Central Fire Station

Central Fire Station
62 Hill Street, Singapore, Singapore (Downtown Core)
Improve this listing
Sentosa Island, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
“A well conserved building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The country's 1st fire station and it was conserved and converted into a museum. A strong history background of Singapore.

Visited November 2012

Nikiski, Alaska
19 attraction reviews
“Awesome museum in a beautiful building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We totally found this place on accident while trying to get to the (very cool) park nearby.

It was worth the stop! The building is lovely and the museum was creatively designed, interesting, had lots of primary sources and worked its way through history from the bucket lines to modern emergency response.

I was delighted to find it! (and so was my volunteer-firefighter-dad :)

Visited January 2013
Asia
10 attraction reviews
“Open house at the weekends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The firemen are extremely friendly.
Very interesting and educational, especially for the kids.
They have demostrations and allow visitors to try their hands at the house. Kids get to sit in the vehicles as well. Kids will love it.

Visited April 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
7 attraction reviews
“a learning experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

me and my son were on our way to Philatelic museum when rain stopped us, running for shelter we stayed under the bus stop for almost 30 minutes and once it came down to drizzling i ran with my son in my arms to this beautiful building to ask the right way to museum, as i entered inside i saw an old man walking towards me telling me come come, sign the register and u can go for a tour before i can reply him a cozy setting of this small museum caught my eye and i realized instantly that this is a fire department museum .....i didn't ask him the way to my museum but signed the register and took my son for a stroll inside it ...i must say good and very learning experience, Old fire trucks on display and once u go to first floor its very en lighting, as u come to know from display that being a fire man is so damn difficult and what a gr8 job....there is a cute water gun which goes for 2 minutes of virtual fire window :)
also my son got a badge from one very nice old man.
must say a very good visit. and then after we left we saw a real fire truck and fire men getting ready for drill that was a bonus for my son:) do take u kids to realize them the importance of live saving activity and people who does those jobs.

Visited January 2013
Adelaide, Australia
17 attraction reviews
“Building exterior for adults -Perfect for the Kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is one of the most beautiful buildings. It was only a short visit for us and was well set up. Some interactive things to do. Would be the perfect visit for a family
I think we loved the outside of the building more than the interior.

Visited January 2012