Stayed two separate nights either way on the Singapore Stopover scheme on trip to New Zealand so only paying 2 GBP per night with airport transfers was going to be a bargain whatever. I liked this hotel, although first impressions are not great. No formal reception, just a row of people behind desks. Rooms were for me great. Plenty of rooms, no trendy gimics, everything there and easy to use wth no fuss. Free broadband access from room, a personal security box easy to use, powerful shower and bath. Normal coffee/tea. Even the fangled personal lighting scheme was easy to use and worked. The hotel is used for weddings a lot but that didn't impact us. The staff were great, not starched with forced smiles and silly uniforms, just natural smiles, down to earth and very helpful.
Location is just around the corner from raffles and if you can get used to the humidity its possible to walk to many of the tourist haunts. The buffet breakfast was a blend of western/asian, very good value at $22 singapore before 50% discount with Singapore stopover. Evening options were an Asian buffet or western a la carte. Both times when we stayed there western guests were a very small minority., seems to be used a lot by asian tour groups.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 4-Star smoke free hotel with 231 well-appointed guest rooms, including Executive Rooms, Junior Suite & Service Apartments that are incorporated with contemporary decor that caters to both business and leisure travellers. Strategically located in the City's dynamic business, financial, convention, cultural, entertainment, and educational hubs, our hotel is located close to places such as Suntec City, Raffles City, Chijmes, Singapore Art Museum, Bugis Junction, Bugis Village, Esplanade Theatres On The Bay, Marina Square, Singapore Flyer, Little India, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay. We are also conveniently located within walking distance to 3 MRT stations - Bras Basah, City Hall, and Bugis - with Bras Basah MRT Station being only 100 meters from our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Royal at Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal At Queens Singapore
- Royal At Queens Hotel
- Hotel Royal At Queens Singapore