This has become my favourite hotel in Singapore!! Good facilities, perfect location, and good value if booked as part of a Singapore Airlines Stopover Package.
The location is really excellent: right next to an MRT (subway) station and major bus routes, and within 10-15 easy strolling distance of all the malls and sights I like to visit on stopovers in Singapore, such as Raffles, Funan IT mall, SimLim Square (IT mall), Bras Basah complex, Bugis Junction (aka tourist central market & mall), Peninsula Plaza (cameras & shoes, though nowadays it seems to be full of Burma travel agents and Burmese shops), and Peninsula Shopping Mall (camera gear). It's also within comfortable walking distance of several hawkers markets for authentic local food, and both Little India and Chinatown (each about 15-20mins stroll), as is Clarke Quay (pubs & clubs). Even Orchard Road isn't far away. So this hotel is about as central as they come.
The room was super clean and comfortable, with two queen sized beds, free in-room safe, TV/DVD (though mine didn't work this time), very modern lighting controlled by a touch panel by the bed, and a decent sized desk. I arrived from a late flight at nearly 1am, so they kindly gave me a complimentary late check-out the next day. Considerate little touches like this are greatly appreciated by guests and build goodwill.
My only gripe about Royal@Queens is that they still don't include free wifi for guests. Expensive paid wifi was available, but free wifi should be standard at all hotels in this day and age of mobiles and tablet computers. I'd also feel more secure about their luggage storage if it was safe in a separate room, rather than having all bags lined up in the foyer throughout the day, though the hotel staff assured me it was very safe and constantly monitored by CCTV.
I used to stay at another hotel nearby whenever stopping over in Singapore, but after two visits Royal@Queens has earned its spot as my new fav hotel in Singapore. I'll be back.
- Also Known As:
- Royal At Queens Singapore
- Royal At Queens Hotel
- Hotel Royal At Queens Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 4-Star smoke free hotel with 231 well-appointed guest rooms, including Executive Rooms, Junior Suite & Service Apartments that are incorporated with contemporary decor that caters to both business and leisure travellers. Strategically located in the City's dynamic business, financial, convention, cultural, entertainment, and educational hubs, our hotel is located close to places such as Suntec City, Raffles City, Chijmes, Singapore Art Museum, Bugis Junction, Bugis Village, Esplanade Theatres On The Bay, Marina Square, Singapore Flyer, Little India, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay. We are also conveniently located within walking distance to 3 MRT stations - Bras Basah, City Hall, and Bugis - with Bras Basah MRT Station being only 100 meters from our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Royal at Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.