One thing people have to keep in mind with this hotel is that it's definitely a budget hotel, and as with all aspects of life, you get what you pay for.
* Very cheap.
* Location was fine but not perfect.
* Surprisingly big rooms, considering it's a budget hotel.
* The beds were adequate and we both slept fine without any problems.
* The sheets were changed daily and we never had any problems with dirty sheets.
* Two free bottles of water daily, along with free tea/coffee.
* Rooms were nicely air conditioned.
* TV worked fine.
* Bar fridge of an adequate size, certainly compared to the shoebox size that some more upmarket hotels have these days. They were also adequately clean.
* Supplied us with a hair dryer and extra pillow when asked.
* The corridors aren't air conditioned, which I guess isn't that surprising.
* The carpets are quite heavily stained; even with some stains on walls and ceiling.
* Bathroom wasn't very clean, although the toilets were clean enough.
* The shower heads are water savers and let out a woefully inadequate amount of water.
* The sheet that you lie on isn't big enough to tuck into the bottom of the bed, which you'll notice if you're 6 foot/180 cm tall like me. Oddly, though, it never disturbed my sleep. But if you're sensitive to that, and you're tall, then it could be a real problem.
* The bar fridges are quite old and take a good day and a half to cool down to a reasonable temperature from being first turned on.
* Some of the wall sockets and fittings really do need replacing, and could even be dangerous.
Overall, this is very much a budget hotel - cheaper than the majority of other budget hotels in the area - and that shows. It's also passed it's prime. But other than the lousy shower, we never had any real problems with the hotel and was always able to get to sleep without any trouble. So would I recommend this hotel? If they didn't have luxury, or mid-range, hotels in mind and was willing to settle for something that wasn't pristine but good enough to get you to sleep, then yes, I would. But if you really do like all the comforts and luxuries of home then... to be honest, why are you looking at a budget hotel?
P.S. During the two weeks, we stayed in 2 different rooms, because at one point we checked out to visit Malaysia for a couple of days.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.