“value for money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #230 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Christchurch, New Zealand
“value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

we stayed for 2 weeks here and to be honest we really enjoyed our stay.yes the rooms are small, yes it seems a bit out of the way,yes after 10 days i was tied of the breakfast but for the price it is value for money.if you research around the area you will find 2 hawker centres not to far away, $5 taxi, bus trips to vivo city approx $1.60 and harbour front centre next door, both malls have lots of food and shopping outlets, taxis easy to flag down but at peek time get desk to order one, costs more but faster.staff where very good and as time went on and they got to know you even better.
One thing hotel could do is to put together an info pack re what is close by ie eating places especially traditional hawker centres.
You get what you pay for and this hotel is exactly that, on a budget it is very worthwhile staying there,
We would stay again for sure....any hotel that has windows that open is always great....you can actually feel and smell the city....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I am writing this from my room in the hotel now.

I was forced to stay at this hotel by my university to save money. What a disappointment! It is in the middle of nowhere, requiring around a SG$2 bus fare (30 minutes) to get to places like Clarke Quay and Singapore Management University. The room is very tiny with no room to unpack, barely any room to walk around in a straight or upright fashion, nowhere to store things except a 2.5ft rod, a crap, wall air conditioner, very few channels come in on the TV, no clock in the room, and no blankets (just a sheet on the bed). The hallways lack any air conditioning and the the gym has units that do not work. Indeed, the gym is nothing special with a combined system and some free weights, the treadmill does not work. On my third morning I was awoken at 7am to what could be described as a helicopter on the roof of my room (I am in the top floor). It took about 20 minutes to get it sorted leaving me up from the adrenalin and cortisol raging through my bloodstream. If this was my money and I had the freedom to leave, I would simply check into a new hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Coimbatore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed 2 nights with my family, satisfied with their service.

I like 1. Supportive & Friendly Staffs 2. High speed wifi Internet in Room & waiting hall 3. Coffee Maker 4. Room maintenance 5. Neat Bathroom 6. Very near to Sentosa,Vivo city 7. Good Family Hotel.

Staffs supported for everything and cool persons. Late night, Avoid spending time at lobby, you may see people as like other reviewer said, but it wont disturb at all.

Room Tip: all most all rooms are recently painted (june 2014) and very neat.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at the Harbour Ville on a trip to Singapore for two nights. It is a "boutique" hotel located a bit west of central area not far from Chinatown, and is decently connected to the buses and 15 minutes from the SMRT. We did not use the facilities. There was some dodgy activity with some (presumed) prostitutes in the lobby but didn't really impact our stay. Room was small, but it fit the bill since we weren't in the hotel very often. The bathroom has an awkward semi-transparent glass door that doesn't fully fit the door frame - awkward if you want privacy. Staff was friendly but I would recommend researching further before booking here - we booked it because of cheap rates that we couldn't get in central Singapore.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We booked this hotel since it is within a good distance to our client's office. It's a basic hotel with minimum facilities. It's just a 5-minute bus ride to Vivo City and the Harbourfront offices.

The hotel is clean although a bit small. Staff is friendly. Good enough for a budget hotel when you're just staying for a couple of days. They have good wifi reception, at least on the side of our room. This is a plus for us business travellers.

Breakfast was not so good and never changes everyday. If you're on a budget, ok to get the breakfast but sometimes we'd rather buy food outside.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Taito, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

This is my third time here. This place is not for you if you are looking for some fancy place.

The room is self adequate and for the price I'm paying, I would say its a good bargain. Bus stop is right in front of the hotel, there are some convenient stores within some 7 mins walk. My partner and I like it cuz we don't like places that's over touristy.

Service staff are casual and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014
Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed here as it was close to sentosa island and the reception was 24 hour so we could check in after arriving on a late flight. One night is all I'd do at this hotel, the rooms are small and not very well decorated but for the price you pay it's fine! The reception wasn't overly friendly but no biggie. We actually walked to sentosa from the hotel because we had no luck hailing a cab I'm not sure how long the walk was though I probably wouldn't do it again!

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Harbour Ville Hotel? Share your experiences!