My boyfriend & I managed to secure a deal online via their Facebook page for a Double Plus room - and thats their room with a double bed and a window. The view from the 4/5th floor was great. The location of the hotel was fantastic, with 'direct' access to town (Plaza Singapura - which is linked to Dhoby Ghaut MRT station) if u dont mind walking and climbing stairs. There's a small park right outside Hangout@mt.emily which was lovely. The room itself is relatively clean... the bed was, but I'm not sure about the couch under the window.. there was suspicious looking stains on it. But then again, we slept on the bed so all was good. The AC was superb in the sweltering heat, and there was warm water available for showering. A necessity for me :) the bathroom was clean, not sparkling- but clean enough :)
Breakfast was served in a small in-house restaurant but I'm pretty sure it wasnt cooked by the chef - who is well-known for his asian fusion food. I believe the restaurant operates in the vening for dinner and in the morning, its just a empty space for breakfast. The food served when I was there included fried bee-hoon (which wasnt too tasty), macaroni with a ketchup-like sauce, toast and various spreads, frankfurters and 2/3 variations of cereals. Juice was available and so was coffee & tea. If you're looking for good breakfast nosh, u'll have better luck elsewhere but if ur not fussy, what they serve will satiate u. Singapore is FULL of good, cheap food so u can always grab something else somewhere!
The only downside to my stay was that the person next door to me was practising/rehearsing his singing... and the guy was rather loud... it would go on for at least an hour in the middle of the afternoon. So I hope u guys dont encounter him during ur stay... but with such good reviews for Hangout@mt.emily- who wouldnt return? :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created especially for the savvy budget traveller, hangout at mt.emily promises a fun and affordable stay. Nestled in a tranquil respite away from the hustle and bustle of the city, hangout at mt.emily is located just a stone’s throw away from Orchard Road, Bugis and Little India. Designed with our signature "no frills, just fun" concept, we give travellers just the right amount of attention needed - no unnecessary amenities except for cushy beds and squeaky clean bathroom at rates that won't blow a hole in your pocket. And if you love making new friends, hangout at mt.emily offers the perfect place to meet hangout and meet fellow travellers.A firm believer of corporate social responsibility, hangout at mt.emily (part of the Cathay Organisation group) has been donating SGD$1 from each room night stay to the Organisation’s adopted charities since it open in 2004. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and HostelBookers so you can book your email@example.com reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hangout At Mt. Emily Hotel Singapore
- Hangout Hotel Singapore
- Hangout@Mt.Emily Singapore