We stayed at the Shangri-La Apartments at the beginning of 2013 for two months. I was apprehensive given the not so stellar reviews but overall it was a good place. It doesn't quite live up to the Shangri-La name but it was decent.
We had a 2 bedroom apartment that was clean albeit run down in some areas i.e . shower door would not close all the way, chip on the glass closet door, stains on the carpet. I also wish the windows could be opened. We were living in air condition 24/7 and sometimes the weather was so nice outside that it was a shame we had keep the AC on. Plus, some fresh air would have been great just to air the place out.
The staff were always very helpful and any issues we had were promptly resolved. They had a free shuttle down to the Orchard Rd area that we made use of quite often for grocery runs but it was also just as convenient to walk down if the weather was nice. Instead of calling for a taxi at the apartments, save yourself a few dollars and walk up to the hotel's taxi queue and catch one there. There is also another shuttle run by Paragon up at the hotel although we never used it.
We spent a significant amount of time by the pool and it was never very crowded. They added 2 more umbrellas towards the end of our stay which helped a lot since there is not much shade. The only downside is that if you sit near the shallow end of the pool you will frequently get wafts of sewer smell most likely from the other side of the wall by the road. Not sure what can be done about that but it is quite awful given the beautiful setting. Apartment guests could also use the hotel swimming pool but because we had little one with us we could never be bothered to walk over there since she was just as happy with the one on-site. My husband used the hotel gym a number of times and thought it was very well-equipped and luxurious.
The kitchen was small but functional. Strangely enough, when we took an inventory of the kitchenware and it came up short the designated number (6 or 8?), we were told that they don't replace them. So for some of the glasses where we only had 4 or 5, we had to wash them more frequently so we had enough to use especially when we had visitors. We cooked often but also had the breakfast buffet and dinner at The Line (in the hotel) a few times which we really enjoyed. We also used their complimentary coffee/cappuccino machine in the business centre almost daily. It churned out a decent cup.
We had a good stay and thought the location was convenient and excellent for getting the lay of the land. As we haven't stayed in any of the other serviced apartments here it's hard to say where the Shangri-La Apartments rank but I think next time I would probably try something else for a change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La Apartments blend thoughtful layouts with enticing recreational options. Fully furnished apartments are well-appointed with crisp, contemporary design in earth tones. Residents also enjoy privileged access to all facilities and services of Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore during their stay in these short-term apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Shangri-La Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Apartments Hotel Singapore
- Shangri La Apartments Singapore