“clean room, helpful staff” 3 of 5 stars

Fragrance Hotel Joo Chiat
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   219 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore 427485, Singapore   |
Ranked #172 of 292 hotels in Singapore
Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
“clean room, helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here 3 days in my trip in March 2013. We booked family room for 3 people, the room is not big enough but its ok for us. Facilities quite old (air con, tv and refrigerator) but can use. Bathroom is clean. Location is not very good, have to walk 30 mins to MRT, after long day travel around city, we decide to take a taxi from MRT to go back to hotel and it costs 5-7 SGD. Quite far from most of well known places. In general, we have no problem when staying here but will not stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

i like my visit for 3 days from 13 september 2013, i only stay for sleep, and i was expecting bad hotel from some of review traveller, but it change when i set my foot on the room. the room was spacey and clean, have enough room for shower room, the air conditioner is cold. although a bit far from paya lebar mrt, you can take bus no 33 just straight from hotel. the downside is you can hear noise from inside the room. i like my stay here and if you looking for affordable hotel with clean and spacy room this is your hotel.

Room Tip: when i coming the staff offering me another 20 dollar for upgrade of room plus free wifi internet, a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Hotel location is far away from the trains station but there actually quite a lot of buses to move around.Bus no 33 actually goes most of the attraction places in singapore Chinatown and Clarke quay. The hotel location is very near to most of the well known food place like katong laksa and hajjah maimunah restaurant.

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The staff is very friendly even the housekeeping greet u with a big smile which really make your day early in the morning. I would like to say thank you to 'Adele' for the all the help and direction she gave to us. I would definitely come back .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I chose this so called hotel because 1. Budget and 2. It is closed to the Bintan ferry terminal for our next destination. However, with the word hotel sometimes we would expect more especially my previous one was a hostel. I suggest if you are coming with children, this is certainly not a suitable location. It is situated in the heart of Joo Chiat Road where the karaoke bars are all surrounded. However, the good side is it is closed to Koon Seng Road which is a heritage distinct with the prewar houses on both side. It is far from both Pagar Labar and Eunos MRT stations. Walking distance to the East Coast Road for Katong laska is 20 mins.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I had an overnight in Singapore and stayed at this hotel. It is close to the airport 15 mins and had many places to eat within walking distance. The rooms are small but very clean with great water pressure (hot water) and working air con.
The downfall, it's in the karaoke district and many lady walkers around. I walked alone at night with no worries and no one bothers you.
If you have an early flight make sure you are down early as I had arranged a airport drop off only to find out when I called down to ask what exact time it was picking me up that it was full ( even though they confirmed the night before). I then asked to have a taxi waiting for me at 8. When I came down at 755 they had not even called yet. All worked out as the taxi came 20 min later and I had left enough time. The taxi drove around on the way there to make an extra fare so be careful

• Stayed August 2013
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is the second time I stayed in Fragrance Hotel Joo Chiat with my family Very affordable hotel and clean as well. Staff were friendly and nice. We left our bags at the storage area and they accommodated our request. Will definitely go back if I get to visit Singapore again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Abuyog, Leyte, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

our group stayed at the hotel for 1 night. thank you to Ms. Floy at the reception for welcoming us w/ warmth and ready smile. the Hotel itself is neat and clean. the rooms are small but very convenient. it has the basic necessities like toiletries, hot and cold shower etc. and the rates are affordable compared to other places in singapore. if you are on a budget but still want to have a great place to stay, choose fragrance hotel joo chiat. we will definitely book there again. :)

Room Tip: request for family room when you are 3 to 4 people because the room is a lot bigger.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Fragrance Hotel Joo Chiat? Share your experiences!