“liliput rooms , worst service , not recommended for travellers” 1 of 5 stars

Fragrance Hotel - Pearl
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Lorong 14 Geylang, Singapore 398 961, Singapore   |
Ranked #195 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
“liliput rooms , worst service , not recommended for travellers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

this hotel is built in a very smaller space. i do not recommend this hotel for travellers as room sizes are very small and for Indians they must avoid this hotel as bathrooms are not equipped with jet lags which may be a cultural shock for many of us.
service quality is a big issue. this group has some other hotels too which is comparatively much better than this hotel.

Room Tip: better avoid
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Brief Summary of this crummy hotel:

- It is located right in the middle of the Red Light district. At night the street is crawling with prostitutes, there are several sex shops within 2 minute walking distance and the two buildings to the immediate right of this hotel are brothels. On two occasions concerned taxi drivers picking us up in the central part of the city asked why we were going to this part of town (trying to be polite).
- The MRT is not an easy 10 minute walk as advertised, more like 15 minutes and when its hot its unbearable.
- Taxi to the central part of the city (Financial District) is around S$9 during the day.
- Taxi from the Airport to the hotel after midnight was about S$24.
- On arrival the room was covered in someones hairs. There was even a thick mat of the stuff on the bathroom carpet.
- The TV did not work
- The AC remote is kept at reception (something you need to figure out yourself).
- Rooms are noisy and you can hear people flushing and using showers all around you. There is also a new building under construction right next door so the banging starts quite early.
- Was charged three times for internet even though it was supposed to be included in the room price when booking via internet (as we did). Did get the money back at the end after realising I shouldn't be paying.

Will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: - Rooms at the right end of the hall are extremely noisy as its next to the construction of the new...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cebu Island, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

pretty decent room. clean but small room. I am not very particular about hotel's feature as I know space is expensive in singapore thus the room size. But if you're just looking for a place to crash after spending the whole day exploring the city then this hotel is more than enough to fit your purpose.

Location-wise, it is in Singapore's red light district but I've got no problems with it really. The lorong where the hotel is at is peaceful and within minutes to a grocery or any roadside eatery. Also accessible to bus stops but can't say how far it is to the nearest MRT as I travel by bus mostly.

Room Tip: choose room with windows facing the street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Pros - cheap, good location (10 mintue walk to Aljunied station), authentic area, toiletries provided and good shower, kettle and coffee provided.

Cons - small room, faint smell of stale smoke, slightly too 'colourful' area, didn't feel particularly clean.

Overall a decent basic room from which to explore Singapore, nothing special.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Batavia, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Well, it was pleasant when I first walked in to check at the counter. When I went upstairs and opened my room..well, the door wouldn't open so I had to go back downstairs to tell the staff. About five minutes later I was in the room and it smelt like someone had urinated all over the room!! Really, Fragrance???? What kind of Fragrance? lol Enough rant though, what can one expect for only $70 SPD in red light district, as I was told by my taxi driver the next morning. I would say if you are on a budget, give this place a shot but bring a can of lysol with you. Otherwise, there are better choices in Singapore. It was difficult for me to sleep here because the A/C was making a strange noise. At least the service was excellent, that is about all else I can say.

Room Tip: There are no breakfast service here, so you will have to walk out and make a right where there are r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Caloocan, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We arrived early, the check-in time is 2 pm., the hotel staff allowed us to leave our luggage while we went around to have lunch. If you just want a hotel where you can leave your things then be back at night to have a comfortable room with air condition, then I highly recommend this hotel. I complained regarding the smell of the bathroom, Probably they should put a deodorant. The water pressure is good and the heater is functioning. They change the towels everyday. The size of the room is enough for a couple. The area is near the bus stations and around 10 min to MRT station. For those who do not know, there is an airport shuttle which is 9 sgd per person, much cheaper than taxi. They will bring you to the doorstep of your hotel. Taxi is 55 sgd. Fragrance Hotel Pearl is good.The staff is helpful and courteous. You get the value of what you have paid for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasig, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We arrived midnight so there's sort of night fee taxi drivers add to their usual charge. We were charged S$24.50 going to Fragrance Hotel - Pearl. But i saw the meter that it's just S$14.50. The taxi gave us the receipt and fare enough that there is really late night fee so additional around S$10.

On our way here, we did not notice anything unusual. Just quite disappointed and restless. No free wifi. Charge is at least S$ 5 for 2hrs only and take note: ONLY ONE GADGET ALLOWED.

No bell boy so i call it they got "TAKE YOUR OWN LUGGAGE TO YOUR ROOM" policy.

The reception is quite tiny but we were glad to see the elevators. When we got inside our room, we were restless coz the room clearly looks far different from their pictures online (agoda). Glass window and cabinets are available. Flat screen TV with ONLY 8 AVAILABLE CHANNELS (barely 2 English channel depending on the time) Aircon's swing is busted so we really felt direct coldness to our face. But due to exhaustion, we just didn't mind the tiny room and bathroom and the aircon and we just wanted to sleep. Unfortunately, we had a hard time going to sleep since the bed and pillows were hard as a rock. The following day, the receptionist agreed to our request to transfer us to a different room.

From the 2nd floor, they transferred us to the 4th floor. But guess what, same old same old room and even worse coz our ceiling has water drips history. Same aircon prob, same hard bed and pillows and same tiny bathroom.

The only thing we like at the hotel is the availability of food (even 24hrs). Very affordable food with fresh seafood cuisines. THAT"S IT.

Because if you leave the hotel past 9 or 10AM, you'll sweat like a pig when you'll reach the MRT (aljunied station). Walking is not an issue to me but upon the scorching heat of the sun (especially during our stay, last week, summer) it was such a big fuss for us. no path way avail. and it will take around 1520 mins walk. Far right?

Worse is at night, on your way back to the hotel. I was so annoyed with what I saw! There are other male nationals there who stares at you as if you are getting naked. And the women who displays their flesh to everyone. It is so annoying and awkward for me since I am not used to such crowd. While waiting at the lobby, I seen locals who checks-in with the hooker who I saw earlier. I asked my hubby to leave right away since obviously it is a motel in that area. Hotel for foreigners but motels for locals.

I strongly don't recommend this hotel. I thought that this hotel really offered us good price since we'll stay for 6days but I was wrong. This hotel is really cheap to their standards because basically it's not a hotel. I suggest not to stay anywhere at this area especially if you're group of girl friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fragrance Hotel - Pearl? Share your experiences!