“Best Burritos east of the Baja!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #369 of 7,094 restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Mexican
Frankfurt, Germany
“Best Burritos east of the Baja!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We really needed a break from the asian food and founded this place in Singapore's Chinatown. The burritos are good quality and well loaded and of good quality, a "normal" burrito was too much for my spouse ;-). Selection of beers is a bit limited - Sorry, but Budweiser/BudLight won't cut it - even at the huge discount offered! Corona was fine, but pls. try to source a Tecate or Dos Equis! Prices are ok. Staff was very friendly, the place has sort of an "industrial" atmosphere which may feel weird for a burrito joint.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
“Quality Burritos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'm used to Chipotle and Qdoba style burritos in the US, and this is in line. I thought Muchachos was better than some of the other burritos I've had in Singapore - with some interesting twists and new flavors that we don't typically have in the US. They cooked the cheese onto the tortilla, which i don't think i've seen before. I live near Chinatown, so when I'm in the mood for a decent burrito this is likely where I will go. It's not anything extraordinary, but if you're looking for a straightforward burrito joint, you'll find it here. The service is a little slower than the American fast-casual burrito places; not bad - it doesn't feel like they're not rushing you through the line which is fine unless you're in a hurry. One note - on its own the burrito was not particularly spicy. It was very flavorful, but not heavy on the spice. That worked ok for me, but you may want to grab the Tabasco if you need a little heat.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Lovely & big burritos! We'll go there again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had lamb burritos and they were very tasty. Sitting outside while enjoying the big burrito was a real pleasure.

SGD12 for a big burrito is a fair price. However, we find it strange that we have to pay SGD2 extra for guacamole, which should be the standard for preparing burritos. Next time we will not take the pineapple topping, as this made the burrito taste like a Hawaiian pizza.

We will certainly go there again and again and again...

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“Hands down the best burritos in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Having practically lived on burritos throughout my college years in the SF Bay Area, I was naturally intrigued when I kept hearing the name Muchachos come up among my circle of friends. And after my virgin visit earlier today, I finally understand why. I could go on and on about how they do so many things right (in contrast to their local peers), but I'll spare everyone the needlessly verbose details and just say this: Muchachos is serving the real deal.

As someone from the traditional school of thought that every taqueria should rightfully be judged by its carnitas, I wasted little time in getting a pork burrito assembled. Needless to say, I was absolutely blown away. With some gut space left after, I decided to try my hand at something a little more pedestrian and ordered a chicken burritino. Expectedly, it didn't pack as intense a flavor as the carnitas, but the pollo asado did still possess a smoky sweetness.

I also managed to have a brief chat with the owner Jonno and it literally doesn't take more than a few seconds for anyone to tell that this is a man who is intensely passionate about his burritos and knows exactly what he's doing. All in, Muchachos is a must-visit for any burrito lover.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“Like being back home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'm from California and love a great burrito. This is the only place in Singapore that serves a great burrito...no where else compares. Must tries: carnitas, barbacoa and the fresh made guac from California avocados :)))

The food is fresh and the portions are just right! Must try!

• Visited September 2013