“Tour sucks!” 1 of 5 stars

Visit like an insider
$29*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: This is an amphibious land and sea tour rated as one of the Top 10 Best Family Experiences and Winner of the Tourism Awards Singapore! The craft is a remodeled WWII amphibious Vietnamese war craft that promises you the best tour experience. This hour-long journey brings you up close to Singapore's famous skyline, historical landmarks and gorgeous bay view. You'll also be hearing the Singapore story from our DUCKtainers commentating live onboard the craft. It is an adventure and thrill ride all in one, ride the original Wacky DUCK now!
“Tour sucks!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I'm Angel from LA California. After 10 years that I never visited Singapore I'm so excited to buy a citysightseeing bus. I have this 2 day pass that I purchased at Singapore flyer and they assure me I can enjoy the hop-on and hop-off tour. Seeing the view totally amazed but not that all, I encounter this so called "bus inspector" he was wearing a white shirt and suddenly approached me to check my tickets. I was a bit suspicious with him. I asked "why do you need my ticket?" And he replied with a very sarcastic tone "I'm here to check your ticket!" I was very annoyed and let him see my ticket. He stamped it and I was freaking out when he walked pass and tell me "next time you don't anyhow talk to me like that!". I will make sure that he will give an apology to me. And I will tell to the tourism board that this not how you will treat your visitors! This happen Sunday afternoon on a city bus. I won't recommend this tour to any of my relatives not even to my friends!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
48 attraction reviews
“Love the views from the duck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Have some fun and combine with the Flyer. You see all sorts of things from land and water. The best tour is the last one at 6 pm as you see by day and night. Then go on Flyer. Combined tickets can be purchased well in advance so don't miss out. Can be purchased with hop on hop off option so you won't miss anything. Make sure you listen to the commentary on head phones as is very informative. Main base is at Suntec City and make sure you visit the food part. It has great restaurants and is very reasonable price wise.

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Best angle to take photo with Merlion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Using this duck boat, you'll find unusual riding experience, after start from Suntec, pick up other guest in Sing Flyer, it's bumpy on the road but slow in the water. The tour-guide is good, informative and try to be funny. overall OK, it should be done at least once in Singapore. Don't forget to use sunblock lotion and hat for your sun protection.

52 attraction reviews
“Overpriced ducks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been coming to Singapore since 1972. I love the place. I have only twice been on a tourist river cruise. The first was in 1979 when the Marina bay was still an active harbour with bum boats and the like plying their trade. The second was six years ago along the Singapore River. That was like doing a tour in a ditch filled with lifeless water.
I had often seen the ex Vietnam Army Ducks grinding through Singapore's city streets and churning up the water in the otherwise remarkable and impressive Marina/ Kallang Basin area of Singapore. As a city scape, Singapore's takes some beating. It is truly an amazing city.
Some friends and I on a whim, decided to tuck into the duck. My friends were all Singaporeans. So we paid our $33 and climbed up the stairs to the duck's dilapidated deck. Off we went.
What can I say? The hostess on the uncomfortable sardine can was adequate, but a little off key with a few of her historical 'facts'. However, to be fair to her, she was somewhat distracted by her mobile phone. Obviously her attention was on her plans for the evening.
The most exciting part? The plunge into the river from just near the F1 buildings.
Other wow factors? Hmmm. Oh, we saw the Merlion. We saw the MBS. We saw Gardens by the Bay. Wow wow. Then we climbed out of the water and ground our slow, bumpy way to teh flier. We waited there for fifteen minutes at the plea of an old US tourist who needed a pit stop because of a medical condition. I suspect it was a bursting bladder. Full credit to the operators to allow her to do that, but leaving the rest of us sitting there for that period of time without explanation was not nice.
Then we perambulated round the Padang and the duck driver sailed us back the Suntec.
In summary? Why spend $33 to look at the Merlion from the water?
Nah! Obviously the trip is a tourist thing, not something that ranks high on my scale of wonderful things to do in this amazing city state.

Southampton, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
“Fun to do, fairly unique experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Unusual ride - bumpy on the road, slow in the water - but should be done at least once. Driving straight into the river from the road is a good experience. Urge the driver to go fast when they ask you if you want to get wet - it doesn't make a big splash at all, but is fun.