“Nice small museum to understand Singapore stamps” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 564 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: Singapore Philatelic Museum celebrates everything about the world of stamps, from their unique background and connection to important historical moments in history, to stamp design and important collections.
Singapore, Singapore
23 attraction reviews
“Nice small museum to understand Singapore stamps”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

http://www.spm.org.sg/ ... Nice place to hangout for a couple of hours. We went there as they were having a special Star Wars exhibit. Nice little museum to know a little bit more of Singapore's past, Singapore stamps...

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
7 attraction reviews
“my fav place in singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First time I visited Singapore in the year 2006 and after a hard bargain my husband agreed to visit philatelic museum at Coleman road with me, As I entered the small and cozy museum i felt in love with it, as i myself a stamp collector i always wanted to see a museum dedicated to it.
from that day i was sure that once i have a baby i will surely bring him to this beautiful place and then this month jan 2013 i got a chance to visit Singapore again and first day only i tool my son over there. he loved watching so many stamps on various theme from around the world.
there is a section in the museum which tells the history of Singapore and i told my son every thing about it.
I also loved telling my son the concept of stamp as now a days in the world of emails people hardly write post cards or letters.
After some wasted time and a great effort when finally i reached museum on a very rainy day, the old and elegant lady manager greeted me with big smile, and after listening my craze for this place she waved off my son's ticket and gave my son two beautiful post cards.
for stamp lovers its surely a paradise , please do visit it and my humble request please keep writing letters as i don't want stamps to be a part of museum only :) thanks for reading it.

Visited January 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 attraction reviews
“a nice small museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

It's interesting to know about the history about stamps, how to recognize fake stamps, the sample of stamps from all around the world. This museum provide them all, and the display is quite attractive for children who might not aware about philatelic thingy in this era of electronic mail. The heritage section on the 2nd floor is quite interesting, though some of the display were not authentic. The entrance fee is S$6 for adult, should think to buy the museum pass instead as it would saves your money.

Visited December 2012
Perth
371 attraction reviews
“Lovely stamp museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I like collecting stamps so I really enjoyed my visit to this lovely museum. I also bought few stamps before I left :)

Visited January 2012
Singapore, Singapore
16 attraction reviews
“Great showcase of stamp histories”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you like collecting stamps, this is a great place. It shows you the history and the background of making stamps. very interesting!

Visited January 2012