“Great location great hostel good price!!” 5 of 5 stars

5footway.inn Project Boat Quay
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   76 Boat Quay, Singapore 049864, Singapore   |
Ranked #80 of 185 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
London, United Kingdom
“Great location great hostel good price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Last minute booking and found a twin room for £20, very good location next to the river, lots of bars and food places around and mrt is close. I was abit unsure on the shared bathroom but surprsingly everything is very clean. I would recommend this to anyone I was very pleased how nice everything was! Hope for the best and prepare for the worst :)

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kajang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

i had an excellent stay. at first it was rough going because i haven't stayed in hostel in quite a few years. i initially had expectations of a hotel. but once i remembered that it is a hostel, not a hotel, then i was able to appreciate the simple efficient service and facilities. it is clean and the staff was excellent. very friendly, helpful and professional. all of the staff were wonderful with the exception of two. firstly william was beyond exceptional. he was excellent. i was coming from malaysia and called first with many questions. william patiently answered all my questions and even guided me on how take public transportation to the hostel. the second exception is tingfu. he will help those who stay, but he is not friendly to all guests. he picks and chooses who he will be friendly with and "go the extra mile." he did not like me so even though he helped me, his attitude towards me and his treatment made it clear that he did not like me. i also saw him treat others the same.

but all in all,putting tingfu aside, it was a great stay at a decent, affordable clean hostel. i recommend it to anyone traveling to singapore on a budget.
p.s. willaim usually works the 2 to 11 pm shift.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights as part of a stopover on a much longer journey. I was pretty jet lagged when I arrived but the hostel was easy to find, even in the dark. The location is a real bonus. My room was clean but I had the top bunk and the air con blew into my face all night long. Also, I had a room on the same floor as the bathroom and could hear the showers and lots of noise all night long. The price was pretty good fro Singapore. I wouldn't rush to stay here again but it served its purpose.

Room Tip: Make sure the room isn't on the same floor as reception and bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Sao Bernardo Do Campo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Except about the location the rest was terrible.
The rooms are smaller than a small bathroom, poor breakfast, price was high.
The worst part is the size of the room, you can badly be stand-up, never seen such a absurd before for 95$ a night.
I needed to stay one more night and I asked the Front Desk to extend and they told there was no avaiability anymore, I asked them to see in the other 5Footway hotels spread out in SIngapore, and They said " I will not do it, check yourself on internet".....Its because it is the same brand.
AVOID IT, disrespect

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

2 good things about this hotel is the staff and location. First the staff, they are very accommodating and helpful. They have assisted us in all our queries and even helped us with our tickets dilemma. Second is the location, it is literally in the center of clark quay with all the good restaurants and bars by the river. Also. Clark Quay MRT station is just 5mins walk. Now the rooms, as they are a budget hotel, the room we got is small but can accommodate 2 person with bunk beds. The room is clean, the shared toilet and bath is also clean. So for those budget conscious, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This may be a cheap place to stay in an expensive city, but I spent the whole weekend wishing we'd booked somewhere else. This rooms are miniscule, literally have a tiny space on one side of the bed (not enough to stand upright on 2 feet) and the other side against a paper thin wall, through which you can hear everything you'd rather not hear. To top it, off, someone was knocking down a wall with a sledgehammer at TWO AM --- at which point I went to reception and asked them to find out what the noise was or I would call the police. We got no sleep, the bed was solid, the toilets were dirty (and blocked) + you have to get dressed properly so you can walk through reception to go to the loo in the night. Showers were clean though and the staff were generally helpful -- although I am probably quite scary when irate after a weekend of no sleep(!) I've had better night sleep on a friend's hall floor during a party. Only plus point - we could leave our bags there in a locked room after we'd checked out until we went home.

We didn't stay a moment longer than we needed so I've no idea what the breakfast was like. The location is good if you don;t mind pub crawls going 'past your window' (there wasn't a window -- under your floor) til early hours.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My friend and I have been stay in this hostel's Twin Sharing Room. It's compact but definitely worth the price. It's clean and we loved the terrace as it's 24 hours & overlooking of Marina Bay Sands. Definitely an enjoyment to stay at the terrace at night with friends. It's surrounded by all the local seafood shop however all the shops is closed aound 12am. So it's really quiet after 12am. Recomend for backpackers.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to 5footway.inn Project Boat Quay? Share your experiences!