“Would not come back here again” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red House Seafood Restaurant
Blk 1204, #01-05 | East Coast Seafood Centre, East Coast Parkway, Singapore, Singapore
+65 6442 3112
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,558 of 7,254 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Would not come back here again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

A friend recommend we try chilli crab at this place, but it was the worst mistake ever! For starters don't assume the peanuts they leave on your table when you first sit down are free, plus the napkins and towels aren't free either. I asked for the chilli crab not spicy and instead they gave my wife a super spicy chilli crab she couldn't even taste the sauce it was that hot.

I don't mind paying for quality but sadly did not experience it this time. Overpriced and disappointing

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Thai Inspiration seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I read the reviews about signature dish.
I must say I don't agree. the seafood signature dish was for me very tasty with thai spices inspiration.
the service is ok.
I preferred jumbo which is next door.there is no sea view at red house.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
“Signature Dish Is A Mess”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I originally went to the East Cost Seafood Centre to eat at Jumbo, but it was not open for lunch on Mondays. Not wanting to waste the trip to the park, I ate at the only place open. The staff welcomed me and sat me in the breeze. I ordered the house signature dish Red House Chilli Stew with whole crab, fried bread and rice. The dish was too big just for me, but at the market price it was not going to waste. The crab was chopped into chunks and served with a lot of hand wipes. I wore a plastic apron and had a finger bowl handy. I think I got some in my hair. No joy. Taste was average. The price made it worse. Sure, eating alone can make things more expensive, but even with another person it would be higher. Pass.

Visited June 2013
New Delhi, India
“Not what I expected.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The famous chili crab was not upto my expectations. The size was great but the taste not so perfect. Personally found the sauce slimy and sweet.

The location is interesting especially outdoors overlooking the waters.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Fun and messy experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant while in Singapore on business. there were 10 of us seated upstairs where there was air conditioning....there were 3 of us not used to the heat and humidity in Singaporean! The restaurant was very good at accommodating certain requests from our party. The service at the table was ok, but I seemed to be sitting in a spot where the server repeatedly leaned over and on top of me to place and remove dishes from the table...she was definitely in my personal space over and over again! uncomfortable...I tried black pepper and chili crab for the first time here along with the little buns everyone raves about. I must say I still like lobster better! Was not used to having sauce poured over the shells themselves, so had quite a mess on my hands when eating. But we had some good laughs and lots of fun here!