“Everytime I entered the hotel in my room, I felt tired & sleepy.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Venue Hotel to your Saves list
Venue Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   305 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore 427556, Singapore   |
Ranked #126 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
“Everytime I entered the hotel in my room, I felt tired & sleepy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I can strongly recommend the hotel for business people. It is heaven for the people who want rest and sleep after days work. It is located in a convenient place, not far from airport. Taxis are available at the doorstep of the hotel & public transport is at the walking distance. I checked in late night in the hotel. I was cordially welcomed by the front desk staff. They addressed me by my name as if they were waiting for my reception. It impressed me a lot. Although they look rigid & speak less but they are helpful & co-operative. However, hotel location may disappoint the night life lovers & shopping loving people. I will recommend any hotel at orchard road to those people. Anyway, i found the hotel a good place for comfortable stay.

I have one advise to the management. They can consider employing more staff at the front desk so as to lead the guest to his room. After check in I found this a bit uncomfortable to go to room alone.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had booked a room on this hotel for 2 nights (10th and 11th) through booking.com.
My friend and I stepped in to do the registration where my friend was asked to put down his residential address, at which he asked "why is it needed"? No response. He repeats his question and was asked again to put down the residential address, at the 4th repeat of the question, the supervisor standing some distance seemingly understand it a "why" question not a "what".
To improve : Listening skills.
He explains that its required and then goes on to say that my friend's residential address in India is required. (p.s.1 min ago, my friend had handed him his Australian passport). This thus gets more confusing for my visiting friend and his ability to provide what he does not have.
At clarification that he does not have a residential address in India does that man understands his mistake and asks him to provide his Australian residential address.
To improve : Serve without bias, make no assumptions and listen.
Ok, so still cool.
At this time I am deciding against my call to have booked this place and not going to further spoil my friend's Singapore visit and thus his overall opinion of the place. I am asked for booking credit card. I have heard and taking my wallet out.
20 seconds and the person behind desk literally shouts "credit card sir".
That's enough for me to tell him that we shall go somewhere else holding my calm.
I canceled the booking (which was charged to my account) and re-booked to J8 Hotel (far far better than this place).
Name of staff serving was Ziang if I recall well.
From my stand point, I cannot recommend or visit such places ever.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are searching for family room and do not want to share a public shared bathroom, wants a nice and quiet hotel. This is the place for you :)

Pros:
- Very friendly hotel staff, they are helpful and very informative
- The rooms are clean, spacious and do not smell musty
- Toilets and bathroom are clean and well maintained
-Strategic location to try local delicacies (peranakan) and also they have a lot of Vietnamese restaurant down the block
- Nearby bus stations and train station (bus 16 & 33)
- Next to Giant mini market, so easy if you want to buy some bread and snacks or other things
-Walk about 8mins and you will come to Joo Chiat Complex (go a bit late in the afternoon shops open late)
- Loads of Halal food nearby for muslim friends and mamak shop for some indian food
- Quite and away from busy city life.
- good wifi connection :)

Cons:
- My only problem was the haze sticker on the bathroom glass door, it was not long enough and you can see if someone is taking a dump, easily fixed with some temporary newspaper and sellotape.

I will be back here again for my next Singapore Holiday. It was a piece of mind and i loved my stay here :)

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was my first stay at the Venue Hotel and it is fine for a budget hotel. The hotel is clean and the staff quite friendly and helpful.

Our room was directly in front of the lift which made it a bit noisy and had no window. However, my friend and I enjoyed our stay and I will definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room is superbly clean. I love the spacious bathtub & that it was really below the tv.
Staff is very helpful and friendly. We had a last minute changes to the booking & they were very patient in answering our enquiries.

On the downside, the walls are thin & I could actually hear my partner turning on the bathtub tap or watching tv a few doors down the hallway. On top of that, i wished that the toilet have some kind of bidet or an external pipe.

• Stayed November 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was the perfect one night stop over hotel.

Room was small but just the right size for a sleep, shower and some food.

Pictures on website matched the reality.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

I would recommend this hoyel for a short stay if you are only passing through Singapore. The proximity to the airport was only a short

• Stayed November 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Initially came with a friend and then later with my kids. They enjoyed the bath in the room as my daughter loves to swim. She keeps on saying how cool it is to have a bath in front of the bed and she don't have to drag me or her sis to accompany her to swim. lol! will definitely come back

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Venue Hotel? Share your experiences!