“Delightful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 291 hotels in Singapore
Quezon City, Philippines
“Delightful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed in their family room that had a king bed and 2 single beds. Some might say that the room is cramped but I think it was cozy and just right for us since most of the time we were out sight seeing. The bathroom was quite unique since the sink was part of the room, outside the enclosed toilet and shower area. It worked out well for us since you can use the sink even when someone was inside the shower. The room was clean and new and the beds were so comfortable that we slept like babies at night. We loved coming home after a long day of walking. Another plus is their great location right across Chinatown MRT Station and Chinatown Point Mall. Most of the attractions are either 2-4 stops away. Since the hotel does not serve breakfast, we usually had our breakfast at the mall, some stalls like Toast Box, BreadTalk & McDonald's are already open before mall hours. But if you want to try the hawker fare, you can walk to the nearby Hong Lim Food Centre or Maxwell Food Centre. The hotel staff we encountered were all nice; check in and check out went smoothly and the receptionist offered to call us a cab on our way to the airport with no extra charges. I'm glad we chose to stay here and would surely recommend it to family and friends.

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked a standard single room. Intended the stay for me to chill & relax just before my birthday. Requested for a free upgrade upon booking. Reached the hotel at 1pm & was allowed to check in shortly after! Staff Jessica gave me a free upgrade to a happy advanced birthday :)

ROOM was clean, bathrrom too. Reasonably sized for a solo traveller or couple w/o backpackers kinda bag and/luggages. Very near to train Chinatown station. Take the exit E and the hotel is right across.

My only concern is that the telly has too limited channels There're only 2 local channels, FOX sports, NatGeo & HBO.

Upon check out, staff Jessica asked how was my birthday stay & how was the room. I'm happy that she asked cos most hotels, if they see local guest(s), they dont quite bother to ask. But she did and she wished me a happy birthday again! :( :( :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my first visit in Singapore and I have some comments as this hotel is everything you would expect: well-trained staffs, cozy & comfortable room and great location close to the local markets, shopping centers and MRT station is opposite. Just one thing - this hotel is limited services but you can find the place for meals at the surrounding areas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The location of this hotel is great as it's just couple steps away from the MRT station. There's a lot of restaurants & shopping nearby. Walking distance to Clark Quay, lots to explore around. The room is clean and pretty cosy , the deluxe room was very compact but certainly comfortable enough if out site-seeing most of the day. The bathroom walls is of glass & completely transparent, so if you're not traveling alone, it may not be that appropriate.

Room Tip: 3019 was a great room with big king size bed and enough space for luggage also a view of the street...
Wyong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent 1 night here and paid $125 Au for a standard King, which is a really good price for Singapore but the trade off was the tiniest room I have ever seen in my life, and no window, so if the lights are off in the middle of the day it's like night in the room. I wouldn't recommend these rooms to anyone that suffers claustrophobia, I don't, but I couldn't spend any time in the room other than to sleep. The good part was the very comfortable bed and the best pillows and sheets. The hotel isn't very old so everything is still newish and clean. The location is excellent right in the heart of Chinatown. Chinatown Point mall is just over the road (Upper Cross St) in front of the hotel, the peoples park food complex (hawker market) is to the left of the hotel over the main road ( New Bridge Rd/Eu Tong Sen St) and the markets are a short walk away behind the hotel in Pagoda street. One of the exits to Chinatown MRT is just across Upper Cross St or you can get a bus to just about anywhere from New Bridge Rd/Eu Tong Sen Street. Overall a very comfortable nights stay, If I was staying any longer I would have to pay more and get a window.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows that might be something to check before you book.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I ordered a Standard King Room. When I came into the room, my first impression was ermm... it is no different from Hotel 81. The room is so small and everything is so cramped! There is no cupboard as well.. only a hook and 4-5 hangers to hang a few clothes. The good thing is the bathroom and comfortable bed. For the bathroom, they should provide more amenities. What was provided was body towel, face towel, shower cap and toothbrush&toothpaste. For a 3 star hotel, it doesnt even provide a comb as compared to Hotel 81! The TV kept flickering and there are only 8 channels in it. The lobby staff changes everytime i pass by the lobby. When I checked in, I was served by a staff who seemed like he doesnt speak english very well. For the 2nd time when I came back to the hotel, I request for 2 bottles of water. This time is was a different guy. The staff spoke perfect english.. but instead i spoke chinese to him and he was like speaking english back to me. He asked me to take a seat and his colleague gave me the bottles of water. After that i went out again and came back..the staff has changed again. this time to a female. I requested for another 2 bottles of water and was told to go back to my room and they will bring it to me instead. I was thinking, is the procedure not standardized? One moment I could collect it on the spot, and another moment i had to be given the water only in my room. All the staff seemed like foreigners, even for the lobby staff. How would I rate it? I would say it's a bit too expensive for the price i paid which is around $150 (excl. GST) for such a basic room and service in Chinatown area. It is not fantastic though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Broken Hill, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We booked a family room and a single room for 3 nights, and on arrival were told that the family room was unavailable. We were given 2 rooms next to each other instead which was a bit of a pain with a 2 year old and 6 year old, as the rooms were not interconnecting. After a bit of misunderstanding, with us being told we needed to checkout at 12:00, we were moved to the family room the next day, and found the room to be large enough and clean and comfortable.

Bliss Hotel is in a great location in Chinatown, close to markets and modern shopping centres and the train station is directly across the road, with plenty of taxis available - only about SGD8 to Sentosa Island.

Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bliss Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!