“The best thing is the location” 3 of 5 stars

You added Traveller@SG to your Saves list
Traveller@SG
111H King George's Avenue, Singapore, Singapore   |
Ranked #79 of 183 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
“The best thing is the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed 3 nights at this hostel and after being in the best hostel ever in KL this was quite a downer. The common area is alright and the staff appeared to be nice and helpful. We stayed in one of the 8 dorm rooms (302) - which was tiny. There are just too many beds in this small room (would be suitable for 4 max 6 beds!) which results in no privacy at all. In addition, the room had a really weird smell which we couldn't get out. In general, the hostel is not very clean. The floors, the bathrooms and common areas are quite dirty. However, the location is pretty good as it is just a 5 min walk from lavender station and 20 min to little India. In sum, the stay was ok and bearable but not nice.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hello! I'm back again!

I stayed at this hostel only for 1 night as transit hostel from my Thailand trip. I can't share lots about this hostel because I grew up in Singapore for 12 years then everything looks ordinary for me. Overall, I really recommend you to stay here if you look for cheap room but tidy, clean, and wanna have good experience as foreign tourist. The receptionist was good and of course, can speak english-chinese well.

The location was near to Lavender MRT Station, about 5-10 mins of walking. (FYI, Lavender MRT Station is adjacent to Bugis MRT station. There's famous Bugis Street Shopping area there).There was food courts and money changer near the Lavender MRT station, you can have meals or change your money there. There're lots of some food seller and menu there. Food Price ranged from SGD 2.5-8. You can also shopping at minimart (i think it's medium-sized market) at FAIR PRICE which the location is between the Lavender MRT St and Traveller@SG hostel. You will pass this minimart on your way.

I got USD 12-15 for mixed dorm/night/person, online booked by AGODA. There were 4 beds, with AC and WIFI service. I was given a locker key too. This price was already included of breakfast (bread, strawberry-peanuts-choco jam, tea, hot water, cereals). There was plug/socket connector for you who have different type of it to Singapore type However, I suggest you to check the type before your coming to Singapore. The living room was good styled, cozy, and you can see TV and read some books. You can talk and have conversation with other foreign tourists there.

The toilet/shower room was good enough. There was shampoo/body shower gel and you can have the warm water as well from the heater machine. The weakness about this hostel that we should take staircases for almost 2 floors to reach the main floor, just like the Backpacker@SG hostel where I stayed year ago for F1 race. There's no elevator for sure.

Overall, it's a nice place with reasonable price to stay! Regards, Hendri!

Room Tip: For short-medium trip, it's good enough to book mixed-dorm room. Ask the receptionist if you wan...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Pontianak, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was my second time. The first time was awesome. The room was clean, bed was comfy,and everything was in good condition. But for the second experience,it was awful. So we got a room for 6 and the room was full of trashes,bed was not clean at all and we found some stains. The floor was dusty. Seems like they didn't change the linen and everything! The toilet and shower? MEH. We are 3 people and they gave us only one access card.the room isn't in the same floor as the reception desk..Why,just why.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Bangalore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After having a great experience staying in a hostel (Backhome) in Kuala Lumpur I was hoping that my experience at this hostel will be better. But on the contrary this is the worst place I've ever been in my entire life.
1. The hostel was not clean. Someone puked in the washroom and it was not cleaned for the 3 days I stayed there (wonder if they still have cleaned it).
2. The kitchen too wasn't clean. There were cockroaches near the wash basin. I felt disguested to notice them roaming near the utensils. The same utensils are used for having breakfast in the morning. I wonder if they serve fresh food or not.
3. First of all there are just 4 common washrooms in one floor for about 30 people. So you can imagine the plight in the morning. On the top of this, the few toilet seats doesn't even have a water jet / toilet paper. The ones with a water jet leaks all the time.
4. There is a false perspective given about 4 and 6 sharing rooms. The door to six sharing room has an entrance from a 4 sharing room so efectively 10 people stay in a room. Needless to say the rooms are very small and untidy. Stinks too. :(
5. All that is bearable if you have a friendly staff to cater your needs. The staff especially the owner is a rude lady with no respect for the tourists staying. undoubtedly the worst staff I've seen in any country.

The only bad part about my stay in singapore was to stay here, other than that Singapore local crowd and the city rocks.

Room Tip: I really don't think they have a good room. Better choose a different hostel / hotel.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

I have been staying at the Travelers@SG Hostel the past few times I have visited Singapore. It is centrally located near Lavender MRT station. There are supermarkets and food courts nearby. The dorm rooms are air conditioned and there are secure lookers inside the dorm rooms which are secured with pass cards. The WiFi is fast and reliable. There free complimentary breakfast and a communal kitchen to warm up my noodles. The staff is friendly and helpful and you can make free local calls. Best of all its affordable in this the most expensive city in Southeast Asia!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Lodz, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

I stayed in that hostel 2 nights in 8 person room. Everything was quite clean. In bathroom free soap and shampoo. Big common room and kitchen with free coffie and tea.
For breakfast - toasts with jam, chocolate and nut butter - simple.
Free wi-fi, well working.
Peaceful and quiet place. Friendly staff.

I was lucky because I had nice people in my room - we even travelled through Singapore together later. But I saw one angry guy from different room who wanted to change his room, as he said, because of the shoes of another hostel guest (and its bad odore). It was unpleasant situation.

Hostel has very good localisation - 2 minutes walk from the Lavender metro station, 1 minuter from hipermarket.

I recommend that place.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

We stay here for 4 days on Sep 2014 and its feel likes home. Everything was great except 2 guy in the same room which stinky feet.

Our room is 204 which a/c may need to maintenance. When the room full with 8 people it quit hot.

The price is cheap as it was include breakfast, there're toast , oat meal and drinks for you before 11am. The location was great as it not far from MRT,Lavender station. You can enjoy many shop at mrt station also.

One thing for all tourist should know when you decided to stay with others. If you know that your feet is smelly plssss take the shoe off outside wash your feet before get into the room.

We had told the hostel staff but she told me that they have a right to do like that. Poor us we must faced with the smell all night.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Traveller@SG? Share your experiences!