“Everything done right” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bazaar

The Bazaar
115 East Coast Rd, opposite I12 Katong mall, | Near Katong Village Hotel, Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel & Santa Grand East Hotel, Singapore 428804, Singapore (Joo Chiat)
+65 6344 0710
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 7,750 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Fast Food, Vegetarian, Family Fare
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Joo Chiat
Description: Situated in Singapore's East Coast area, opposite the I12 Katong mall, The Bazaar, an award winning restaurant, offers authentic Indian delicacies in a vibrant setting that transports diners back to the colourful corners of India. Spread over 2 levels, the bright walls and an eclectic mix of traditional and contemporary Indian art recreate the lively atmosphere of a market place. In addition to authentic North-Indian and street food fare, The Bazaar offers a refreshingly exotic take on some of the more popular Indian creations and fuses them with western and Singaporean influences to create unique offerings. Dig into scrumptious kebabs and curies prepared by a team of expert chefs from New Delhi. A wide variety of non alcoholic beverages, beers and wines are also on offer. The luscious selection of desserts ensure all meals end on a sweet note With an exclusive menu for kids and a dedicated play area, there's something for everyone.
“Everything done right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We drove a considerable distance across the island to try The Bazaar. I'm very pleased we did. One of the finest Indian Restaurants I've eaten at (and I've eaten at plenty across the United Kingdom, US and Singapore). I was particularly impressed by the variety of menu items. As well as my usual meat favorites like vindaloo and rogan josh were many exciting vegetable options. A vegetable lover could eat very well here. I loved the eggplant appetizer and will return again to try more of their creations. Finally the prices are very reasonable and this place was rightfully busy. Nice attentive staff too. We'll done everyone.

TheBazaar, Owner at The Bazaar, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest, we are glad you chose to dine with us the other day. It was our pleasure to serve you and we appreciate your sharing the experience. Thank you once again for your encouragement and kind words. We hope to see you again! Warm Regards - from the entire team!

Hong Kong, China
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was walking by and had a craving for Indian food so checked Trip Advisor and as usual the great reviews were well desrved.

I started with samosas. They were quite tasty with a bit more spice and flavor than other places - obiously fresh and made with top ingredients. Loved them!

I ordered gobi aloo and garlic naan for a main. The naan was really good, sometimes you can only smell the garlic, but I could actually tast and bit into the garlic at Bazaar. Thumbs up.

The gobi aloo was equally delicious, and the cauliflower and potatoes cooked perfectly (not too soft or too hard). The mix of spices was subtle and well balanced.

I will bring friends next time so we can try lots of different dishes and will definately be back.

One detractor: They had the music set to KISS 92 - I am not a fan, too much club music. Something with less bass beat and high toned squealing would be more suitable.

Or am I just getting old?

TheBazaar, Owner at The Bazaar, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
While we would love to play more appropriate music, unfortunately, we are yet to receive an entertainment license from the media authorities to play music of our choice. However, we will try and tune into other radio stations that play more mellow music to make the experience more enjoyable and satisfying.
We hope to see you with your family and friends again!
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“One of the finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I had a late dinner here last month. The ambience is nice and casual. Ordered tandoori aloo, Hara Bhara kebab, black dal, paneer and some breads. The food was fantastic! Was delivered promptly and was very tasty. One of the best indian restaurants in town IMO.
Service was attentive and the pricing is also reasonable.
The only thing they need to change is the menu, add more offerings (the drinks section needs more options).
Recommended highly.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TheBazaar, Owner at The Bazaar, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Singapore
“Satisfying Meal - Authentic Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I live along the East Coast in Singapore and we have been to most of the restaurants in that area. There are lot of choices around this place however, I had noticed this restaurant couple of times as I passed by the area. We had planned to go for a movie in the mall opposite this restaurant hence, decide to try it out.

A very straight and honest opinion based on my first visit is that the place serves really good authentic Indian food. The food tastes great and the service was outstanding. There was good choice of food for both adults and children hence, everyone enjoyed the food. Will definitely visit again. Strongly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TheBazaar, Owner at The Bazaar, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
It was our pleasure to serve you and we appreciate your sharing the experience. We are glad that you and your family had a memorable evening. Thank you once again for your encouragement and kind words. We hope to see you again!
Turin, Italy
“Very good Indian foon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent one night at the Mercure Roxy and had dinner at this restaurant. I am a vegetarian and I was very happy to see the wide selection of vegetarian food.
It was two of us, we took two main dishes, two naans and two drinks and spent approx. 35 Singapore Dollars, which was good value for money.
The food was very good - I love Indian food and I was surely not disappointed.
The staff was nice and efficient.
Would (actually will!) definitely go there again when I am back in Singapore.

Visited October 2013