“The perfect dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“The perfect dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My friends and I went to Boathouse to celebrate our dearest friend's Hens Night. As we would like to make a few surprises for the bride-to-be, we checked to make a few special requests and were delighted that the staff were able to assist us with it.

It was my first visit to the restaurant. Upon arrival, we were greeted by CK and his team and ushered to our table. Was happy that we were arranged to be seated with a nice view, especially there was fireworks on that day due to the National Day Rehearsal. The personalized Menu sheet made the whole dinner more special and meaningful too.

We had chosen the 4 course meal for our dinner. The food were delicious, and the food presentation made them even more appetizing. In addition, CK explained each course to us patiently and the staff were attentive throughout the whole dinner too. The fireworks went off just in time while our dessert was served. In all, it was a perfect dining experience and Hens Night went on smoothly and with a great success!

Would also like to thank CK and his team for making the celebration a success with excellent service! Appreciate their thoughtfulness which made us feel special and welcoming!

• Visited August 2013
Chunky N, Manager at Boathouse, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear YuBing,

The team at Boathouse & Prelude would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation to you for the compliments mentioned in your review. We are humbled and also honored to have been a part of the momentous occasion, celebrating the next phase in life of a friend whose getting hitched.

It was a pleasure too, for my team to have been able to serve and interact with the lovely ladies present during the Hens' Night and we definitely hope to host many more of such celebration in the near future! Looking forward to you dining with us again soon!

Maitre'd

Bukit Merah Estate, null, Singapore
“Excellent service, tasty food and a serene ambience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had a nice and quiet dinner to celebrate my proposal to my fiancee back in May. The interiors were beautifully decorated and the service was excellent. The staff were always on-hand to provide more magic to an otherwise spectacular evening. The food was tasty too and we left with our custom-made Menu sheets to reminisce a truly memorable evening.

Special thanks to CK for making our evening glamourous.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Chunky N, Manager at Boathouse, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Karthik K,

The team at Boathouse & Prelude would like to, once again, congratulate you on your successful proposal! We are honored to have been a part of this special moment between you and your fiancee and cannot thank you enough for the compliments shared in your review.

Lastly, it was definitely my pleasure to have assisted in ways that I could to make it memorable and forever etched in both your memories! We look forward to hosting your many anniversaries to come! ;)

Best Wishes,
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service, food and ambience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I wanted a nice quiet place for a dinner to celebrate my anniversary with my fiance, so I thought of this place. Heard of this place but never had the chance to try it. I'm glad I made the choice to make reservation for dinner.
Firstly, we were greeted by Kader at the door. He was very warm and welcoming, making sure we were comfortable at our table, which of course had the best view for fireworks that night! All thanks to the arrangement of Chun Kiat, the manager. The menu was explained to us and we were given time to ponder and decide. My fiance and I finally decided to go with the 3 course meal. She had the cauliflower soup with pan seared sea bass while I had the fish stew and rib eye.
We were served some bread to start with, and I must say the staff were very attentive, never failing to top up our glasses of water. It's the little things that count I must say.
The cauliflower soup was good, nice mix and not strong. The fish stew can be a little overpowering for some, but to me it was good. It went really well with the piece of salmon that came with it. Mains were tastefully prepared I must say. Presented simply but yet elegant. Rib eye was cooked to medium perfection!
What better way to end a nice quiet cozy dinner than to stand at the gallery outside to watch the fireworks from the nearby NDP preview go off. Perfect!!
I would definitely be back to the nice cozy place to have a quiet dinner with my fiance.
Thanks for taking care of us!

• Visited July 2013
Chunky N, Manager at Boathouse, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Evan,

First & foremost, the team at Boathouse & Prelude would like to thank you for choosing us as your preferred dining spot recently, especially since it's a special occasion between yourself and your fiance.

We are elated to know that your decision has been justified in many aspects and we can't thank you enough for the compliments showered upon us with your precious review.

Last but not least, we look forward to serving you and many others in the near future!

Maitre'd
“Endless Surprises!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The Chefs of Boathouse never fail to surprise me! :D Been there a few time, food texture is good even the presentation of the food is beautiful. Makes all the worth going there. I have recommended this restaurant to a few of my friends and they were all very impressed by the food and of course the ambience.
Service staffs are friendly and on the ball. Good job!

• Visited June 2013
Chunky N, Manager at Boathouse, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Missyhazey23,

Thank you for your recent visit to Boathouse & Prelude! We appreciate you choosing & recommending us as your preferred dining spot on many occasions and your constant support and feedback will go a long way in helping us achieve greater heights!

Rest assured that the entire team has been informed of your review, which will not only serve to humble us but also to spur us on to delivering more to our future guests! :)

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent French food in a nice semi-formal setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went to the Boathouse for a birthday lunch with a group of 14 friends. We all went for the set lunch (choice of 4 starters, 4 mains and 4 desserts)
The food was excellent, and the size of the portions was nice: I had the three course option and felt very satisfied without over eating.
The food tasted very French (no embellishing the dishes with expensive ingredients like they do so often at this side of the world when trying to cook European cuisine), and was very balanced.
The atmosphere was nice and the service very good.
Some of our friends were a bit surprised by the bill afterwards: although it is a set lunch, certain dishes cost more and the supplemental prices will be added to your bill. The final bill was therefore a bit higher than expected, but it was well worth it!

• Visited June 2013
Chunky N, Manager at Boathouse, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear karoh h,

Thank you for taking time out to review us on TripAdvisor! We're definitely flattered and humbled by the recognition you've provided via this platform and rest assured that we will be working harder to provide the best dining experience (with value) for our guests!

We hope to serve you again in the near future, with the possibility of a new menu lined up in the 2nd half of 2013!