“Like something from Avatar - but in a good way!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off Club Benefits
Ranked #28 of 291 hotels in Singapore
New York City, New York
“Like something from Avatar - but in a good way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at the Park Royal in April 2013 - this review is well overdue.
The hotel is very unique. The rooms are on the small side per any trendy hotel these days, but the architecture of the hotel is very cool with lots of greenery (hence the Avatar floating island reference).
Service was excellent throughout. Pool side was really nice, though there are some global-trotting hipsters hanging out. View is cool though. Gym was basic but did the job.
Rather than other personality-less 5-star hotels in Singapore, this would definitely be a fun pick.

Room Tip: High floor…
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Amysak, thank you for your great feedback and I’m delighted to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Interesting reference of our hotel-in-a-garden to Avatar and I’m sure the vertical gardens will look more lush the next time you visit us. Hans

695 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We spent 2 nights at the hotel to attend a friends wedding in Singapore. The hotel is very new, looks very hip and Econ friendly. The garden was nice and there are many areas for you to sit and relax.

It is right next to a food center so if you are looking for local budget food, it is just next door.

The location was convenient, the staff was friendly , even the parking uncle who helped us got a cab recommended us food places.

The food from breakfast was great, however the closing time was "too" on the dot. We saw people come at the dot was offered to eat something else.

Even if you managed to get in before the "deadline", the food was taken away way to quickly which could give guest the feeling that you are rushing them to go... Which never happened in other hotels we stayed.

Overall satisfactory , a good hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Flora C, thank you for your review and I note your comments on the breakfast timing. We are continuously looking at ways to improve our processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends. I appreciate your patience and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Hans
Mandurah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed her over the New Year holiday for 4 nights. First impressions are excellent, check in was quick and easy. Staff were always a pleasure and helpful, if you stay here keep an eye out for Roaf to help you with transport, always smiling and nothing ever an issue.
The room we had was on the 7th floor with a view over to Clarke Quay. Very nice, clean with a king bed and 4 big soft pillows, big wall mounted TV, nice ensuite area. The shower was good with plenty of hot water and pressure. The hotel itself is just magic with all the greenery and the pool area with its own private rest area type enclosures/tree houses. We had breakfast everyday which was always good with plenty of options to choose.
If there is any downside to the hotel we found was that things don't happen quickly when ordering from the bar, 30 minutes for 2 baileys on ice on a quiet night and ordered 2 coffees to be sent to pool but after an hour gave up and went to Starbucks.
If you stay here I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Ask for late check out if needed or they will keep your bags and you still have use of the pool area...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Familyvanelven, thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel and in particular, for acknowledging the efforts of Roaf. That means a lot to him! I’m pleased to hear that both of you had a chance to enjoy our infinity pool and unique bird-cage cabana, definitely one of the best places to relax and unwind. I note your comments on the delay experienced with your dining orders and sincerely apologise for that. We will look into that and correct that shortfall on our end immediately.We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Hans
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We came across this hotel recommended by CNN travel.
We upgraded to the Orchid club and had a studio room

Check in at midnight was really quick and considerate -

We used the Orchid club - food and drink a plenty and awesome value - use this if you can - champagne breakfast The team at the Orchid club are attentive and remember your preferences - good service

We got great recommendations for local food

Used the gym every day - always a towel and bottled water waiting each day

Points to be mindful of
- walkway between the lifts and rooms a bit exposed so for those that don't like heights be aware
- service for towels and room cleaning needs some improving - every now and then our tows were late

Major plus is the pool area, Orchid Club. And incredible green Eco design of the place - we met seasoned travellers that were impressed as were we

It's central too so getting around is easy

Enjoy Singapore an amazing place

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PalmfamNYC, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to know that you recognised the hotel's great location and that you were able to make full use of our Orchid Club privileges. Our Orchid Club associates were excited to read your review. Our brand promise is about connecting our guests to local experiences as a ‘’trusted local companion" and I'm very proud of the team for delivering on that promise. Hans
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have been staying in Singapore for a few months so I know the city pretty well but I needed a hotel for a couple of days for a special occasion with my partner. I discovered this place one day when I walked by it and I was impressed by the architecture so I decided to book it. I was not disappointed.

The hotel is beautiful - the Christmas decorations were also very cool and different. (i.e. the Christmas tree at the entrance that looked like a Jeff Koons sculpture).

I loved the room because it was spacious and functional and had a lot of light. The bed was also very comfortable. I was impressed with housekeeping - they really paid attention to detail and even neatly folded all our clothes.

The breakfast was also nice with a wide range of selection - not as large as the other large chain hotels in Singapore but more than adequate. I ordered an iced latte extra and was never charged extra.

The highlight of the hotel for me was the terrace with the pool - really cool construction with the pods and the swimming pool.

I had to take a business call while there - there is a business center on the 2nd floor with little cubicles where one can work, if needed.

The location as mentioned is very central - right next to Chinatown. I prefer it to Orchard Road and Marina where it is very touristy.

Room Tip: I chose the basic room and was satisfied with its location and size.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tziambra, I am glad to hear that you liked the design of our guest rooms and appreciated the convenience of our lcocation. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your partner back in the near future. Hans
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We spend 2 nights after the boxing days, the hotel location & design is excellent as everyone mention. We had a warm welcome at the reception. The check-in & check-out process is quick.
One point to mention is they did not explain that there is shuttle bus service to the city, it was too late when I noticed as I am waiting for the taxi to the airport.
However, concierge desk can improve, act slowly when you come down from taxi, no help when you come down from lift. I realised they always chatting instead of pay attention to the client. Since, the lift to the taxi point do have a distance especially when you have luggage.
The turndown service only come on the first night, so when I want it (actually I want to have some ice) on the second night, you had to call them again, don't know what is their policy.

They do listen & do very much to co-operate when you wrote to them. Really want to thanks to Serena Khoo again & again. Overall, I do enjoy very much of the stay, nice hotel, nice atmosphere & people. Will try to stay longer on the next visit.

Room Tip: Higher floor room will have good view of the city
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear louisakflo, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I was very happy to read you enjoyed the overall experience but very disappointed to hear about your experiences with our Concierge and Housekeeping department. We take great pride at the PARKROYAL on Pickering in delivering genuine, relaxed and personalised service. Obviously you did not receive that and for that, I sincerely apologise. I appreciate your patience and look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL on Pickering for a more successful experience. Thanks. Hans
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We spent a week at PARKROYAL on Pickering over Christmas in a Premier Club Room. Room was excellent, perhaps a little short on storage space for an 8 day stay but great view, comfortable bed, great shower, great location just a short walk to Clark Quay. The Orchid Club was very worthwhile giving consideration to the fact that refreshments were available all day, cocktails and very good snacks in the evening, champagne breakfast and afternoon tea available. We were meeting up with friends and their adult children also staying at this hotel with a Club room so Orchid Club was a very useful meeting place in this respect. Staff throughout the hotel were very professional and charming, special mention to the ladies in the Orchid Club who added such a festive atmosphere to the club and Ibrahim at the front desk for giving us great customer service. Breakfast was lovely, good gym and lovely pool, albeit the water was rather cold! Cannot fault this hotel, will definitely stay again and no hesitation in recommending it to friends who want to spend time in Singapore.

Room Tip: Premium Club rooms were great, rooms overlooking the quay seemed to have better views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear myview P, great to hear that you enjoyed your Christmas celebrations at PARKROYAL on Pickering. I am pleased to know that you recognised the hotel's great location and that our Orchid Club Lounge associates made you feel right at home. On behalf of the team, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Hans

Been to PARKROYAL on Pickering? Share your experiences!