“Great Motel in Singapore” 5 of 5 stars

PARKROYAL on Pickering
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Upper Pickering Street, Singapore 058289, Singapore   |
Ranked #23 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Canada
“Great Motel in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Beautiful, eco friendly motel in Singapore. This is a new motel with modern looks and features. Plenty of gardens around the motel giving it that "green" feel. The room was comfortable with a king size bed and was ample for one. The motel was kept clean and the staff were very warm and friendly. The restaurant had a great variety of food with it be for breakfast. lunch or dinner. Situated close to Chinatown and the Quays, it is a great location to take in Singapore.

Room Tip: Higher rooms will have better views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Wobblyboot,. It’s always a delight to hear from a happy guest. I am also pleased to read that you recognised our green efforts!! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and we hope have to welcome you back to our hotel-in-a-garden soon. Hans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night on the first leg of our honeymoon. We really wanted to stay at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore so that we could use their rooftop pool (as it is only for hotel guests), however we did not need to stay there for all three nights of our time in Singapore.
I looked for moderately prices hotels and compared quality and the ParkRoyal came out on top!
Their architecture is stunning, the pool is beautiful to lounge in, the location is perfect for a day of sightseeing and a night out, the room is top notch and the customer service leaves nothing to be desired.
I could not have been more pleased with this hotel! We later moved to the Marina Bay Sands and wished we had just stayed at the ParkRoyal the whole time. Oh well.
We arranged a transfer from the airport to the hotel for 7am when we landed and the driver was there and waiting for us and was very polite. We were able to check in to our room at 7am as well which was fabulous! They really went the extra mile on that for us which we appreciated. Being that they knew we were on our honeymoon the turn down service left us a piece of cake with a really nice card wishing us well!!
Something that I was happy to see was that they had usb plugs at the desk in the room, this allowed me to charge my phone and camera without having to get out the electric converter and adapter plug! It was the first time I've seen this and I loved it!
I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chrystie, thank you for choosing PARKROYAL on Pickering as the preferred hotel for your honeymoon. My team will be delighted to know that they have left such a positive impression and it will be my pleasure to welcome you and your partner back again for another memorable hotel experience soon. Hans
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Loved the green property. indeed very beautiful, lovely ambience. nice and big rooms. comfortable stay, strategic location. extremely warm, friendly and helpful staff. Amazing breakfast spread at "Lime" every morning with an interesting variety of global cuisines to select from. Wanted to stay at the property in my next visit but were 100% full. This will be my first preference anytime when I re-visit SG!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rajshree_Jhala, thank you for making PARKROYAL on Pickering your preferred choice of stay. I am pleased to know that you recognised the hotel's great location and enjoyed the breakfast selection at Lime Restaurant. Your positive feedback is certainly encouraging and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Hans
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Love this hotel. It's setting a bold standard for hotel designs. We have enjoyed a five nights' stay in a premium room on the 10th floor, which had sprawling views of the city. A truly five star experience supported by excellent service staff.

From the minute you set foot into the premises you are literally transported into another world. I was blown away by the hotel's understated opulence and meticulous design. The aesthetics of the room are exquisite.

Our stay included breakfast but this was not recorded in their system. This was rectified once I provided an email confirmation of the booking.

We had trouble adjusting the temperature controls in the room to the optimum setting at night as we found the bedding uncomfortably warm. Other than that there were no other glitches during our stay.

Thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet but it is dangerous to your waistline! Thank you Parkroyal.

Room Tip: Get a city facing view.
Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear shananigans88, thanks for the review and great to know that you enjoyed our award-winning architecture, room and breakfast spread. In fact, the hotel’s interior design was a winner at the recent INSIDE World Festival! While it sounds like overall you enjoyed your visit, I apologise for the inconvenience caused. I note your comments on our breakfast records and we will look into that and correct that shortfall on our end immediately. The room temperature in our guestrooms has been set to 22 degrees as part of our eco-friendly initiatives and you’ll be happy to know that guests can request for the room temperature to be adjusted to their desired level by contacting our ONE CONNECT team using the in-room telephone. I appreciate your patience and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Hans
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was totally refreshed by the smell and style of this hotel, although only 1 night stay. I love the design : feel green everywhere, high ceiling decorated lobby and comfortably furnished room with full widely window. Staff in front office were friendly enough as a star graded hotel.

Our king bed room was superior type on 17th floor which got a very good cityview. Most important, it's spacious enough for our family with 2 younger kids. Everything in wooden design is new. The only complaint is the bathroom, not much space to put my girl stuff on the sink table.

Lime restaurant is also a relax and lovely place to dine. The atmosphere in this restaurant is charming and comfortable. I was almost attracted to go inside for dinner.

In a conclusion, I will hightly recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Higher floor have a good cityview.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ontingma, thank you for sharing your review with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you had a relaxing stay and enjoyed the dining experience at Lime. It’s even more rewarding to hear that you will be recommending us to your friends. It will be my pleasure to welcome you and your family back to our hotel-in-a-garden soon! Hans
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Please note if u f a smoker-this hotel is not for u. U cant smoke tobaccoe, cigarettes, e-cigarette. Nothing. Only 15 m far from the hotel.
What i like about the hotel-it earns its ecostyle anx really can boast it. 10 min walking distance from Marina bay and u dive into oasis of greenery and woods. The swimming-pool is not big but its nice. The space to lay near it is enormous. But this is also disadvantage as during rains u cant sit there to enjoy nature around. Onemore disadvantage-they should do smth with bugs or moscittos. I was all inred spots.
One more i disliked is the way they made bathroom looks lime. Walls are closing and u r like inside film the cube. No windows,no space,nothing
Anyway i like the hotel but cant say i thrilled

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Nushkin, thank you for sharing your experience with us. With more than 15,000 square metres of lofty sky gardens, trees and lush greenery, PARKROYAL on Pickering is truly a hotel-in-a-garden and in tune with our environmental commitment, we have also implemented a no-smoking policy in our rooms and public areas. I note your comments on the insects, they too love our greenery! Please be assured that we are working with the pest control team as we speak. It sounds like you were staying in our Superior rooms, you may wish to book our Deluxe rooms or Premier rooms and enjoy a larger bathroom with windows during your next visit. Once again, thank you and I hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future. Hans.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights during business trip.

Hotel is conveniently located in between 2 MRT stations, Clarke quay and Chinatown hence commuting around was a breeze.

There are also 2 nearby malls Central@clarkequay and Chinatown point.

Rooms were very spacious and had high ceilings with electrical blinds. Their mini bar is sensor automate which bills the room accordingly once the drink is removed from the minibar, neat innovation.

Hotel is decorated with a variety of greenery which creates a nice ambience. Rooms were clean and spacious with natural lighting thanks to its huge wall mirrors to reflect light.

Breakfast spread was wide with a variety of pastries, cereals, western and Asian style.

They also have a steam room, gym and a nice but small infinity pool with cabanas around it.

Overall my stay was pleasant and am satisfied with the facilities offered. Room rates were quite reasonable too. Well recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear BLTC88, I am happy to hear that you liked the design of our guest rooms and appreciated the convenience of our location. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Hans

Been to PARKROYAL on Pickering? Share your experiences!