“Just about being there...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off Club Benefits
Ranked #27 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Bangalore
“Just about being there...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

It is a new property with an eye catching fluid, modern and green design. Located in the CBD area, adjacent to the famous China Town, and within walking distance of the Marina Bay sands, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay areas. Due to its location, the property looks very stand alone and distanced from the hum drum of the magnificent city, until you actually venture out to the China Town Area. In totality a good business hotel in the CBD area for a short stay.

I stayed in a club room on the 13th floor, overlooking the Clarke Quay and Boat Quay areas on the S'pore river. The room continued the design spirit of being eco-friendly and was entirely wooden with Japanese style sliding doors separating the bath and living area. The window was a huge glass facade overlooking a hanging garden from the 14th floor and the city beyond. Due to its strange design or probably my room location, I felt that I needed to keep my curtains down to prevent guests from other rooms peering in, I may have been wrong though. Room amenities were ok, but could have been better. Lighting options were few and gave a feeling of too much light or too little for comfort, this needs to be worked upon. Room service never refilled the moisturizer, shampoo and conditioner during my 4 days stay, which was strange for a 5star hotel.

The good thing about this hotel is the continuous lobby, bar, gardens, water bodies, all day dining all in a straight line. It was very unique and a welcome change from the typical closed door feel most hotels provide. The sense of freedom was over-arching and typical of a hotel imbibing the green/ eco friendly design.

Executive lounge was a nice experience and "Nicka" the lounge manager is most helpful and caring for her guests. Try the chicken deep fried wraps and crab duck rolls in the evening along with cocktails. They are yum!!!

Room Tip: Higher floor with an unobstructed view of the Clarke Quay area and Stamford areas.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear NeilRoy78, thank you for your review. Our guests are spoilt for choice when it comes to dining and entertainment options since we are conveniently located in the heart of Chinatown and just a 5-minute walk from the waterfront dining options at Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay. I have noted your feedback and comments and we will look into that and correct that shortfall on our end immediately. It is only through feedback like yours that we are able to constantly adapt and improve our services. I look forward to welcoming you back for a more successful experience in the near future!...David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I stay here with my hubby and 2 year old in a junor suite for 1 night as a stopover and its was just prefect! (We actually wished we had booked a 2 night stay cause we loved it so much.) The service was out-standing with welcoming drinks and they take extra care of our little girl too. The room was so grand and the pool area was stunning as you look over Singapore and the fact it's all so Eco made it even more rewarding for me. Would def come back here.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Monbelongphil, thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am delighted to read that you appreciated the atmosphere and that the team took very good care of you and your family. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back again for another memorable hotel experience soon…David
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My hubby booked for a night stay to celebrate my birthday. Arrived at the place 430pm and got into our superior room with a breeze. The beds and amenities are very comfortable. Lovely presentation of the furniture, the natural lightings in the room and nice bench crouch created nice ambience for the room . I went for a great swim with my boys at the swimming pool situated at level 5. It was smaller version of infinity pool view across the city. There were a few nice cabana houses to lounge in. A pity that there are too few benches as quite a number of people was taking a plunge at the pool. The gym was well equipped. You could get complimentary mineral water at the gym.
Plus point was that the staff were quite initiative. M sister had left a cake with the reception and requested to send it to the room in the night for a surprised celebration. They provided us the necessary napkins, cutlery to my room together with my cake. Another incident was that my boy lost his goggles at the swimming pool on the first day night. I tried my luck to locate it the next day morning but it was in vain. The staff at the swimming counter offered other swimming goggles on loan to my boy which was a nice gesture.
The breakfast was not really extensive but they had great varieties of juices and delicious breads. They have the usual western breakfast which includes cereals, ham, bacon, scrambled eggs and etc. The Asian delights were the porridge, steamed buns and rice, prawn noodles, steam yam cake and Indian Vadas. You could get more delicious cheap breakfast at the nearby Chinatown market. The staff on the entry desk were accommodating when we asked to extend our exit time. I would say most staff are polite.
The location is central and close to Chinatown and Clarke Quay stations, so it is quite convenient to allow you to travel and explore the city. It's in a great location for seeing the sights and spending time in Chinatown especially during Chinese New Year or Mid Autumn Festival.
Besides limited variety of breakfast, the other negative point is that there were ants scurrying around on my room’s tables as there was coffee powder stuck at the edges on the table. I did request someone to clean it but I wondered they did come (as I was out with my boys to swimming). There were ants around the table and my sons were “happily killing” them. Hopefully they could step on cleaning areas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear oscarsem, thank you for choosing PARKROYAL on Pickering as the preferred hotel for your birthday celebration. It is always great to hear from happy guests! The team at PARKROYAL on Pickering will be delighted to know that they have left such a positive impression. I apologise for the ants sighting in the rooms, they too love all the greenery! We now have that under control. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back again for another memorable hotel experience soon…David
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Beautiful and interesting facade. Upon entering the lobby, you get the feeling of a warm resort like hotel, despite it being in the city centre. Good and efficient counter check in service. Room was quite small, but clean, comfortable and modern. Most items are electronically controlled, including lights and blinds. Since the hotel is new, everything is clean and new, this is what I normally prefer in a hotel. Breakfast was average. Recommend to have local breakfast at one of the local eateries just beside or behind the hotel, tried the prawn noodles. Heard the curry noodles and pork noodles are excellent as well, especially among the locals. The hotel is nearby the MRT station. Taxies are relatively of good value. All in all, good hotel too stay in.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear OonCH, thank you for sharing your great review with us on TripAdvisor! I am delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay and certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon!...David
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was first captivated by the design of the building so my fiance arrange a 2D1N staycation for my birthday some time back in June.. The first moment, i went into the room, i fell in love with it! It is clean, the bed are very comfy and very designer look. There are a few hiccups along the stay. One: he purchase an ice-cream cake and ask the service staff to put it into a freezer, but when we ask to send up the cake, the ice-cream was in melted state. We were told, there is no freezer. The cake was put in the chiller the whole day. The staff tries to help but there is really nothing much they can do without the right equipment. Two: we forgot to bring our toothbrush and found out there is none in our rooms. service recovery is fast.

Breakfast is free seating. Because of that, the service staff do not know if a certain table is occupied or vacant. We had to request to clear our plates a few times to get it done. When we are done with breakfast, there is a long queue waiting for breakfast tables when there are vacant tables that the service staff are unsure if its occupied. Maybe they should give each guest a tag number and returning it back when the guest leave the breakfast table.

Overall, a new hotel, good service level but definitely have rooms for improvement.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tylintan, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I note your feedback, and sincerely apologise for the negative experiences. We are continuously looking at ways to improve our processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends. I appreciate your patience and hope we get the chance to welcome you back. Thanks…David
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This brand new hotel situated in Singapore's lively Chinatown district is nothing short of amazing. From the attentive and helpful concierges to the richly appointed bedrooms to the complete breakfast buffet spread, everything was perfect. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a Premier room which highly recommend for views and the fantastic rain shower in the bathroom. The cute floating cabanas by the infinity pool with views overlooking Singapore are a must. For full photos check out www.ennvy.blogspot.com!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ennvyblog, thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. It was my pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad to learn of your commendation towards the guestroom. I have to agree that our unique bird-cage cabanas are indeed one of a kind and I look forward to having another pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future…David
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Absolutely terrific hotel. I spent a week here on business in Fab/March 2013. I cannot think of a single thing to say about it other than "stunning". It would be very hard to criticise it at any price yet it is also extremely good value.

I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear JupiterEight, , thank you for your comment. It is my pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed a memorable hotel experience….David

Been to PARKROYAL on Pickering? Share your experiences!