“A Perfect Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
jakarta
“A Perfect Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I happened to have a business trip to Singapore for two nights and the company had booked me in this hotel. Couple of months before I saw this hotel and fell in love immediately.
The moment I stepped my feet on the lobby, I could feel the warm and romantic ambiance. The lobby was cozy with some comfy sofas and the room light was soft.

Parkroyal on Pickering is actually a business hotel. But for me it offers more than just a room to sleep or rest. The room was decorated nicely, with a taste of modern minimalist. The hotel surrounding, however, was decorated to promote green and eco-living, with so many plants hanging on the walls and ponds outside the lobby.

The restaurant where they serve breakfast is called Lime. They served many varieties of fruits and foods to pamper your belly. To me, this hotel is not like many hotels in Singapore, and I would like to stay in this hotel more often.
I did take note on the hospitality of the staffs, which to me was not excellent enough to compare with the hotel and its atmosphere. But I think service quality in Singapore is overall very low compare to other ASEAN countries.

It's such a great hotel for business as well as for romantic getaway ;p

Room Tip: - all the rooms are non smoking
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Imelda, thank you for your review and great to know that you enjoyed the room, eco-concept and breakfast spread. I note your comments on the service quality of our associates and I am confident our service levels are improving every day as it does take a little time to achieve consistency after a new opening. I appreciate your patience and hope to welcome you back for a more successful experience. Thanks…David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel with my partner for a week recently and it was a divine experience. We had a club room which made the stay that little bit more of a treat. The architecture and surrounds are magical - hanging gardens, water features, big comfy chairs in the foyer and real thought put into the way things looked and thus made you feel. Relaxed, pampered - and very zen.

The rooms are wonderfully designed - certainly not your average boring hotel room. Lots of nice touches like big floor to ceiling windows, open bathroom if you like - a sliding door if you don't, a great window seat and plenty of storage. For the rooms size we never felt cramped or claustrophobic. The beds are firm but comfortable and even though I am a light sleeper I hade 7 nights of restful sleep - all except for the night we had a fire alarm malfunction. The staff were fantastic in following up on this though so no complaints. The place obviously has double or triple glazing and the sounds from the busy streets outside were barely audible in the room. My only complaints about the room are small ones. Firstly, the toiletries are not Eco friendly. Nasty chemicals - this could certainly be done better. Secondly, there is only a limited hotel services directory/compendium as they are going to make one accessible via the TV, though when we were there this had not been put in place - bravo on the not wasting paper though.

The club room was fantastic and the hostesses are very friendly and obliging. It truly was an oasis and we enjoyed being able to drop in for a cool drink, cup of tea, snack or drink and nibbles at different times of the day. I would certainly recommend spending he extra - it's more then worth it. My favourite bit was watching the storms rolling in one afternoon after sightseeing through the towering glass windows, sipping African tea and eating vanilla macaroons. Magnificent.

The hotel is also superbly located a short walk from China Town and two MRT stations. The gym is great with lots of fantastic equipment and the pool was refreshing and welcome after some of our longer treks exploring the surrounds. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MiniMooToo, thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I’m glad to read that you managed to fully enjoy the facilities in the hotel and took full advantage of our location and explored the neighbouring areas. I note your comments on the toiletries and you’ll be pleased to know that we will be introducing more eco-friendly toiletries during the later part of this year. Thanks again for sharing your feedback with us…David
ccmct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have only stayed there 1 night so I can´t say much. It's beautiful, the rooms are great, the staff was helpful and nice. The swimming pool is nice and beautiful but the water was cold. It has a steam bath inside the bathroom, but I only found it almost in the end.
Very nice hotel, great location near China Town and with 2 different lines of the MRT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ccmct, thank you for your comment. It is my pleasure to have you as our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience in the near future. Thanks…David
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had a great birthday celebration at the Parkroyal on Pickering few weeks ago and it was an enjoyable one. Was given the junior suite which is seperated into both the bedroom and a living room. Sofa in the living room can be converted into a bed for one additional guest and the bedroom comes with a KING size bed which is super comfortable with an unobstructed view of the cityline.

Love the eco-friendly concept that was used for the hotel and the tranquil ambience which makes you feel extremely relax there. Do visit the gym and the swimming pool located at level 5 which my friends and I spent in the afternoon.

There's club access whereby you can enjoy champagne breakfast at the highest level and free flow of drinks and cocktails throughout the day.

You can read more about my staycation experience on darrenbloggie.com :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Darren, thank you for choosing PARKROYAL on Pickering as the preferred hotel for your birthday celebrations and I’m glad to know you had a wonderful experience with us. Great tips on the Junior Suite! I’m sure other guests will find this useful. Thanks again for sharing your experience on your blog and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future…David.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We chose a Junior Suite + Pacific Club benefits for our stay. Room was spacious, comfortable and well thought out. Use of light wood gave it a very pleasant atmosphere. Lots of natural light from the very large windows. Excellent window blinds (powered) provide privacy when needed. Excellent finish to all room fittings, good closet space, non-slip bathroom flooring. Very quiet rooms. It actually had decent reading lights besides the bed!

Club was relaxed and comfortable, very generous and staffed by some wonderful people. Enthusiastic, very competent and welcoming (special "thank you" Jobelyn). Good selection of food and beverage throughout the day with a chef in attendance during breakfast to rustle up eggs, waffles, etc. Club room was large, light, airy and provided a wonderful panorama of the city. Club choice also gives exclusive access to 2 large outdoor terraces - wonderful in the early evening warmth.

Excellent location, very close to the river, Boat and Clarke Quays (loads of restaurants), and Chinatown. MRT (underground system) entrance (Chinatown station) 75 metres from the hotel entrance.

Infinity pool and gym on the 5th floor was a pleasant space - not vast but very comfortable. Good towels, chilled water and fruit provided.

Be aware that some rooms require you to navigate an open walkway; it's very safe but if you have an issue with heights, you may wish to ensure that your room is on a lower floor or positioned in the central lift area.

Hotel is very green, literally! Hanging gardens, plant walls feature throughout the hotel; solar energy and rain water catchment systems are in place.

Single restaurant on ground floor. We didn't sample the food but it seemed very popular at all times of the day.

Service was of a high standard. We did experience a few problems with room servicing but nothing drastic - a phone call set everything to rights immediately.

Our room featured numerous well-located power outlets, with a host of connection options (internet, HDMI, USB) outlets at the work desk (excellent work chair and good lighting). Wi-fi was also available in the room and club.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Robbwill_10, thank you for sharing your great review with us on TripAdvisor. Excellent tips on our facilities, room and location, I’m confident other guests will benefit from the detailed tips. While it sounds like you enjoyed your visit, I’d like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by room service and I’m glad to know that the issue was resolved swiftly. Once again, thank you and it will be my pleasure to welcome you back in the near future…David
Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

For all thinking of staying at this hotel, do so. Its lovely.

Q for management. You need to have a proper bar / lounge. The ones in lobby / Lime are not up to it. Why not have the Terrace area on the pool level as an outdoor bar in the evenings at least. This would make a great spot for Sundowners.

PS : Your chef's manage to keep the scrambled eggs scrambled throughout breakfast service. Never have I seen this done before, how do they stop the usual eggmass from happening ? Well done egg chef ! !

Room Tip: I had Premier room on weekend rate. Well worth it. Huge room, well appointed. Will probably try the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear HolidaySeeker999, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I’m proud of our chef for serving your scrambled eggs just the way you like it! I appreciate your suggestion on having an outdoor bar but we normally reserve that area for events. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back again for another wonderful experience…David
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a slight mix up on arrival, when we were not allocated interconnecting rooms as requested. However, the immediate acknowledgement and efforts of the two porters were fantastic, and we were soon happily settled in an upgraded room to compensate. The service throughout our stay was brilliant; we were extremely well looked after, particularly by Ibrahim and Saiful. The hotel obviously has a core business cliental, and certainly offers the luxury touches, but we also found them fantastic with our 3 children and I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone. It really does tick all boxes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear SydneyC_Lawrence, thank you for your review and I apologise for the hiccup during the check-in process. I’m proud of the team for taking the initiative to correct the situation immediately. It will be my pleasure to welcome you again for a memorable hotel experience in the near future!...David

Been to PARKROYAL on Pickering? Share your experiences!