“Great Hotel, will return” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off Club Benefits
Ranked #23 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Great Hotel, will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

On a previous visit to Singapore we watched this hotel being built, we decided based on it's design and green principles, to book for this years holiday. I am impressed.

I booked a club room, this included access to the club on level 16, breakfast, wifi, laundry service and free non-alcoholic drinks from the minibar. This was well worth the added cost, I believe we received more value given the food and beverages available throughout the day.

The room was great and a good size, the view from our 13th floor room was amazing. The bed was very comfortable. On our first night we couldn't work out why the aircon was so hot (turns out it was broken). A word with housekeeping first thing in the morning resulted in technicians sent almost immediately and the problem quickly resolved. The controls for the room though we're a little confusing (perhaps a sign I'm getting older).

I used the gym daily, my only criticism is the lack of free weights and a barbell, or at least a squat rack. Outside of this the gym was pretty good for a hotel. The pool area was a lovely oasis and the staff very attentive. I used the spa and the treatment was great.

Mostly I want to comment in the Orchid Club on level 16. The staff that work here are of the highest standard. We were never left wanting for anything. By the first night they knew both my partner and I by name, they asked us about our activities and remembered where we were going and asked about it the following day. The hotel should be very proud of the service provided, the quality of the food (breakfast, afternoon tea and supper), this really made for a pleasant surprise to our stay.

We have now found our hotel in Singapore and will gladly return in the future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear adrianwalker2, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our club room and the service provided by the Orchid Club associates. Please also accept my sincere apologies for inconvenience with the air-conditioning. It should not have happened and I’m glad the team fixed it swiftly. Thanks again for acknowledging the efforts of the team at PARKROYAL Pickering. It is great to know that you will stay with us again for your next visit to Singapore. Thanks…David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I had stayed. I go as a business customer and usually stay at the Scarlet. Reviews looked good so I thought I would try. We arrive at 2am after a delayed flight. Our room was wrong and whilst they moved us, they took a further 20 minutes to deliver the keys. We bought a prepaid breakfast, but overslept due to the time of arrival and delay in getting to bed. I asked if we could transfer over the allowance to lunch and I was told that we will have to forfeit the breakfast. Horrified, I complained. I was now told I could transfer it to another breakfast, but not lunch. Don't understand why. Service overall was a few minutes behind where it should be. Nobody regularly greeted at the door, there wasn't always a person to help you get a taxi. Finally, as you have to check out early. you can use their spa facility to freshen up. My son was drenched from a storm and could not find a towel, nor a person to help. Just the little things you expect from a Far East hotel weren't present. It is only a year old, so I suspect they will iron this out. The whole hotel has so much going for it with location and attractiveness. These extras would be the icing on the cake!!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear tigmon, thank you for sharing your honest thoughts about our hotel. We take great pride at the PARKROYAL on Pickering in delivering genuine, relaxed and personalised service. Obviously you did not receive that and for that, I sincerely apologise. Your feedback has been forwarded to the relevant departments and rest assured that I will be following up on this personally. As with every new hotel opening, it takes a bit of time to achieve consistency in our service standards and I thank you for bearing with us. I look forward to welcoming you back for a more successful experience in the near future. Thanks…David
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband was booked here through his company on business and I joined him part way through. The hotel is a new Eco friendly hotel, which was a huge plus for me. The rooms are large and very open with high ceilings and large windows that overlook the city. The beds were extremely comfortable. I loved the pool area, with an infinity pool that had a great city view. The pool area also had cabanas that were great for relaxing. There were many spots throughout the hotel that were little gathering spots, with comfy chairs and side tables. The breakfast buffet was very well done with a lot of options. One of the biggest things that impressed me was the staff. They were outstanding! Because my husband was there for 2 weeks, they knew and called him by name and went out of their way to make sure that I had an enjoyable stay also. It is in the downtown business district but also close to Chinatown. Easy to grab the MRT (subway) or a bus or taxi. I can't wait to join him again on a business trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Patty, thank you for your wonderful review. It is my pleasure to have you and your husband as our guests and I am pleased that the both of you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts by sharing it on TripAdvisor and we hope to see both of you back at our hotel soon!...David
EU
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Really love the lobby area, very relaxing with unique interior, water features, etc. Room was clean, airy and pleasant. We had the one with bathtub, you can close or open the bathroom area with sliding doors. High ceiling, large open windows with city view, love the hard floor! Pool on the 5th floor, very nice but water is a bit cold. Staffs were polite and friendly. We went with our child, the 'extra bed' turned out to be the sofa that was then covered with a bedsheet. It was quite hard to sleep on so we asked for extra blanket to make the 'bed' softer. Just a suggestion: some kind of matrass (even if it is thin) to be placed on the sofa to make it as the extra bed would be good. We couldn't make airco warmer than 25 C and sometimes it was too cold for us. Room was very clean but some corners (like under the glass panel between toilet & shower) can get extra attention. We think that more hooks to hang cloth/towels in the bathroom would be very practical. Not very keen on the toilet flush button, one of us had sore hands and it was rather difficult to flush the toilet. Location: close to Chinatown, a shopping mall is just across the street, MRT walking distance. To Changi airport with MRT is about 30 minutes (change trains 2 times, SGD 2.30 per person). From Changi to hotel with taxi was SGD 40 incl tax. Overall a pleasant experience, try this hotel for something different!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Tripitip, great to know that you had a good experience staying with us and particularly enjoyed the bath tub and wellness floor/pool area. I really appreciation your comments and suggestion on the mattress and amenities which will be shared with my housekeeping team. Thanks...David
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while on a business trip to Singapore in April 2013. The building is quite new and the hotel also I think opened in Jan 2013. This is located very near to China town and Clark Quey stations. CBD is walking distance from this hotel about 12 minutes by walk.

The hotel is a green hotel and the rooms are relatively small for Singapore standard. They tried to make the room bigger by putting sliding wooden doors to the bathroom area. When both the bathroom partitions are opened , the wash basin looks as if it is practically in the bedroom. Bathroom is very small without any bath tub. But its quite functional. All the interior of the room made of wood and eco-friendly. I earlier stayed in Pan Pacific hotel of the same group, but Pan Pacific is much more luxurious and of 5 star standard. This hotel at best would 4.5 stars may be.

Breakfast is well spread out and have eastern and western varieties of breakfast.

On one side of the hotel there is China town with a number of malls and food joints. So there is problem for getting different varieties of food if one does not want to use the hotel restaurants. Both clark quey and China town subway stations are very near by. That makes the hotel well connected to other parts of the city.

The hotel has a small infinity pool and a good gym.

Airport is about 25 minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear EasternTraveller_13, glad to hear that you enjoyed our prime location to the Central Business District and the accessibility to good food and great shopping around our vicinity. Hope that we can be of service to you again when you are back in Singapore either for business or leisure... David.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The corridors leading to the rooms surrounded by narrow ponds and the hanging plantings are very pleasing. Our room was both pretty and comfortable. Loved the gorgeous, big windows and the room's decor. Very helpful staff. The pool on the top floor has an amazing view of the city and the colorful pods on the pool floor are a cute escape from the heat and hustle and bustle of the city after a long day of sightseeing/work. Great breakfast too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear 2Mosafer, thank you so much for the great review. I’m pleased to hear that you have had a chance to enjoy our infinity pool and unique bird-cage cabana, definitely one of the best places to relax and unwind. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!...David
Wangaratta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel opened earlier this year and is quite stunning. The building design was  very different, wavy, curvy, with green plants growing around parts of the outside of the building.
Our room was modern, spacious,  interesting, functional and very comfortable.  Wi-fi was complimentary and fast.
The pool area was quite breathtaking,  meandering water that seemingly cascades over the edge of the building, with little gazebo-shaped structures to relax in, as well as plenty of pool-side furniture to sun- bathe on.
The gymnasium was very well equipped and overlooks the pool area with a view of the city as well.
The hotel is situated near the Chinese area of the city, well away from the busy shopping area. We flew with Singapore Airlines so we could buy a cheap ticket on the Singapore Airlines Hop-On Hop- off Bus ($8SD)  by presenting our boarding pass. The buses do a circuit of the main areas, including Orchard Road, the Botanic Gardens and the Singapore Flyer and run regularly.
The hotel Restaurant and Bars provide excellent service and an extensive range of dishes to cater for those who want a relaxing drink and snack or a leisurely dining experience.
We liked this hotel so much that are staying here on our trip back home next week - a great way to break the long journey from Austalia to Europe! Our flight arrives early in the morning so we will have nearly two days.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for the best view of the city.