“Get spoiled” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Oslo, Norway
“Get spoiled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed four nights during a conference. This is a luxurious, modern hotel that spoils you with service and offers. The rooms are sizable as well as comfortable (but a glass door between the toilet and the room is not necessarily a good idea). The views are great, buffets are glorious, staff very attentive, and the location strategic. The only quibble I had was slow check-in and check-out, as well as a long wait to get a taxi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just home after spending three nights in a junior suite at this hotel. We loved this hotel. The room was very spacious and very modern. The bathroom was sparkling clean and well laid out. We had access to the club lounge which is phenomenal. Great staff and excellent service. Definitely worth of the cost of upgrading. The pool area is amazing - very tempting to spend the day lazing around in the variety of different day beds. The hotel seems to marketing itself to the business market but I think it has a lot to offer the leisure traveller. It has one of the best locations that I have found in Singapore. close to two MRT stations and right in the midst of chinatown and all it has to offer. The restaurants and bars of Clarke and Boat Quay are a short stroll away.
Only two minor negatives for us during our stay. Firstly when we arrived shortly after midnight there was no one to help with our luggage and check out took a long time. In a hotel of this calibre this needs to be addressed. We had some laundry done - first they lost it and then when it was done it was not delivered in time for us to actually wear (and well after 7pm of the following day which is when it is meant to be returned by). While these are minor points that did not detract from our overall stay attention to this type of detail will make this one of the top hotels in Singapore.

Room Tip: Junior Suite was fantastic for family.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel just opened and everything is an excitment! A lot of attention to details in the rooms but also in the main area. Breakfast is very good and the service is outstanding. I would only recommand them to increase the bandwitch for their WIFI since it was quite slow. Also the lounge at the top floor give an amazing view of Singapore! the food though was not so impressive at the lounge.. that was a shame not to have better snack to go with the champagne

Room Tip: the room are really brand new sometimes the pillow can still smell the "too new" so wait a...
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am planning to stay in Singapore in June 2013. At first, I made the booking through the internet and the confirmation E-mail sent back to me from the hotel clearly stated that amendment and cancellation was allowed 2 days before the day of staying.

I then wanted to change the booking so that breakfast would be included. To my surprise, the computer system did not allow you to amend it/cancel it. Therefore I sent E-mail to make the request. To my another surprise, the staff replied that the booking could not be cancelled or amended. Upon my repeated E-mails and with the confirmation E-mail sent to them, they finally replied that my booking could be amended. However, when I sent further E-mails requesting for amending, they did not reply my E-mail.

I just made a phone call to the hotel. The operator answering my phone call again stated that my booking cannot be amended. I had to hold my temper and explained again that they were making the mistake. Finally, after I waited for several minutes, the operator accepted my amendment over the phone. I asked him to send me another confirmation E-mail. I received it but it was in a format different from the first confirmation E-mail that i received. And worse, it did not have the hotel name!

What I have been asking is simply to upgrade my previous booking from 'without breakfast' to 'with breakfast'. It is terribly disappointing that the hotel staff could not even handle such a simple task. I have wasted enough time on this booking matter.

I don't know the standard of this hotel yet, it is sort of new. However, the experience of booking this hotel has been the most disappointing and annonying to me. Please be prepared if you are trying to book it through internet,

Regards,

Simon Kwan (from Hong Kong)

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel has a very interesting design, with Babylonian style hanging gardens and vertical gardens, cave-like external edifices, and various 'green' credentials. It has quite a cool infinity edged pool. The large restaurant/bar on the ground floor is quite cool too, but you can certainly find much more interesting (and cheaper) food and drinks just a few blocks behind the hotel in the lively Chinatown district.

The location is very good, at the edge of Chinatown and the banking area, close to Marina Bay.

Our compact room was nice, but I did have a few gripes - the lighting was very annoying and difficult to operate, for example. It seemed like there was more focus on the style of the room than its functionality.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here in March with my partner and it is an amazing hotel!
Very unique, modern and eco-friendly which was great and why we loved it so much. The pool area was stunning, infinity pool with plenty of big day beds where we spent most of our stay lying in and reading.
Lovely staff that were fast to help. The concierge gave us great tips of places to eat and see as it was our first time to Singapore.

Hugely recommend! Loved it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We drove past this hotel and from the look of it we just said that we have to stay here for our last night in Singapore.

Very eco friendly designed hotel, great architecture and the rooms did not disappoint.

We arrived during their soft opening phase and there were a few glitches however I am sure that once ironed out and the full opening happens, this is a must stay hotel in Singapore for all discerning guest's.

With Singapore's excellent local transport connectivity right on your door step with the MRT and buses, the island is bursting full of wonderful activities. It is a year since we visited Singapore last and it amazes us how much it changes and so fast. My partner is Singaporean and I used to live and work here so coming back is always a pleasure and everyday we were busy with family, shopping and even sightseeing.

Loved the idea that for our room we walked past open walkway's with wall's of flowers naturally groing and plants and water streams outside room's.

The room was very compact, comfortable and it was a room that you really did not want to leave. With a full window looking over downtown with good views, you have automatic blinds to bring you more privacy. The night blind was total blackout. The A/C was quiet and all controls were touch sensitive. The only downside is the mini bar fridge which gives you a small place to stow your own items due to rest of the fridge being automatic and BEWARE you will be charged if you move their item's. However you can always ask them to remove them to give you more space.

The desk was great and the TV had a good selection of channels. The room came with a shower only, enough space for two and the toiletries were of good quality.

Breakfast was a great international mix where east meets west. Apart from tea and coffee served to you, you were free to get whatever you want with agreat selection of hot and cold food, meat's and cheese. If you wanted a latte or cappuccino then there was a barista on call to make it for you. The design of the restaurant was relaxing and a great way to start your day

The hotel is in a great location right next to Chinatown where food and shopping is in abundance and will make a great hotel for the discerning LGBT community and being near to the bar's and club's.

All staff were friendly and will do their upmost to help and assist you. Unlike other hotel's they offer a one connect service where any request's such as room service and housekeeping are handled by one person.

Am looking forward to our return visit. Also to visit and shop at Changi airport.:)

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view over Hong Lim park.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to PARKROYAL on Pickering? Share your experiences!