“Where is the service” 2 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Upper Pickering Street, Singapore 058289, Singapore   |
Ranked #23 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
“Where is the service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Very new, great location for work and rooms smallish but all new and clean. Club room impressive in size but selection of food offerings not the best. So far so good or at least acceptable but the service was really very bad from the front counter staff and given how new it is I would like to think they would have that right. Main issue was I left an item in the room, asked to go back 5 minutes after checking out, they said no but they would go back and give to me later and between all of that it got lost and no suggestion of how they would fix it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear SeasonedT,

Thank you for your review. Great to hear you liked the hotel and location but disappointing to hear we let you down from a service perspective. I really don't know know why we refused to let you go back to your room but am pleased to know that we were able to retrieve your item and reunite you with it a day later. As discussed via e-mail, I really look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks agian.... David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

4 of us ladies stayed here the last few days & it was a lovely place to wind up our holiday using their opening special rate. The most comfortable luxurious beds of our whole trip away for 9 nts & the breakfast buffet selection was fabulous! Also, one of us had a birthday & a fantastic dessert cake turned up on a tray for all of us to share & enjoy thankyou! Two of us are involved in the building industry & love to experience a new design concept & we were very impressed with the luxurious style created with those absolutely massive ceiling heights throughout the hotel everywhere (which you know is about effect & not about getting more money per square foot as am sure they could have probably fitted another 30 apartments in all this space so kudos to them to forego the dollar aspect & instead choose an invigorating design rather than just build the usual boring square box!) The workmanship & interior decoration was impressive (except for maybe the strength of the outdoor walkway posts?) & we relished in the refreshing feel of the pool & cabana area even though it is located in the middle of a busy city. Yes, your hair does get blown around & maybe in wet weather a challenge too but we loved it & feel it's worth the experience anyway!

Taxi at the door & close to both Clarke Quay & Chinatown MRTs & a few new shopping centres in either direction.

We would all stay here again when we return to Singapore. One of our group a few months prior had stayed 4 nts in a room at MBS (Marina Bay Sands) & said she preferred the room at this ParkRoyal as they were far superior & quieter than what she experienced over at the other Hotel & with many others too as she travels around the world.
The staff were all fantastic & friendly & happy to help too which completed a wonderful holiday for us at this hotel.

Room Tip: Near a lift well if the weather outside is windy or wet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear katyGoldCoast,

Thank you so much for the extensive review. I greatly appreciate your positive feedback and am happy to hear we were able to surprise your party with a well-timed birthday cake. I'm excited you all had a chance to enjoy our oudoor pool area on the 5th floor. Definitely one of the highlights of our hotel! Thanks again...David
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights at ParkRoyal on Pickering pre-cruise because my wife is an avid gardener. Our stay was equally impressed with hotel and the brilliant staff. Hafize has to be the best person at the front desk. This man's passion for his city and hotel shines on. Everyday he would take his time to tell us about the different parts of Singapore. We enjoyed visiting sites he suggested so much before we left on our cruise. Thank you Hafize for making our vacation special. Michael on the fifth floor looking after the gym and pool shared many stories about Singapore. We truly appreciated his passion for his job. He made sure we enjoyed our time at the pool. Kassam, under whose leadership this hotel has turned out to be a great find. Kassam's gentle style shows his caring for his guests. Thank you for a great vacation at your fine hotel. We truly enjoyed our pre-cruise vacation at ParkRoyal on Upper Pickering. We can hardly wait for our return visit when the gardens have matured. Thanks Kassam for putting together a brilliant opening with your amazing staff. Many thanks to Michael and our hero Hafize.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Neil0000,

Thank you for your review and in particular for highlighting a few of our stars!! Darshan (Kassam), Hafize and Michael were all excited to read your review. Although the PARKROYAL on Pickering is a visually stunning property, our brand promise is about connecting our guests to the local experiences as "Your trusted local companion". I'm very proud of the team for delivering on that promise. Thanks again and I hope you had an equally enjoyable cruise...David
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

First time here, this is extremely convenient as it is a 5 minute walk from my Singapore office so would use this hotel regularly now as long as I can get a room near the lift well. Unfortunately the way the hotel is designed you have to walk outside in the wind and the rain like a 50's motel to get to your room. There is a roof on the walkway but no sides so completely exposed to the elements. No matter how well you have done your hair when you leave your room, it is a windblown mess by the time you get to the lift. The other major problem is the shower, there is almost no water pressure and you have to leave the water running for a minimum of 5 minutes before the hot water starts. Apart from the that the rooms themselves are lovely, big and clean and beautifully decorated, a delight to stay in. Mini bar is fairly bare and room service selection limited so I got restaurant delivery a number of times. Breakfast buffet is well stocked and the waiting staff delightful. Only other issue was the difficulty in extending my stay, had to do this twice and both times it was a very long and drawn out process. Impossible to do over the phone had to go to the reception desk and even then it was a lot more complicated than it should have been.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear KayLawrence,

Thank you for your review. I was very disappointed to read about your negative experience with the hot water and the water pressure in the shower. You will be happy to hear we have identified a problem that was affecting the timing of the hot water in a few of our guests rooms and are in the process of resolving the issue. As well, we are currently reviewing alternative shower heads that would offer greater pressure. As for the outdoor corridors, you are correct to point out that you are exposed to the elements of nature. A large part of the design of the hotel was to allow people to experience their surroundings and feel connected to the neighborhood. I hope you would agree that the two outdoor corridors per floor really help to create more of a resort feel than a city-centre hotel feel. It is true though that the rain and wind, if strong, could have a negative impact on your hair. To combat this we now offer umbrellas at either end of these corridors for guests to use. Alternatively, we do have many rooms that don't require our guests to use these corridors. Kindly let us know if you return and we will be happy to reserve one of them for you. Thanks again...David
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stay in the Premium room using their opening special package for three nights in early March. Modern design with lots of plants. I like the room which has lots of windows admitting sunlight and so the room feel bright and warm. Room is spacious enough for two with fancy switch controlling the lighting and the blinds. Though there is no bath tub, the shower room is very spacious and is good for me and I am not a big fan of bath tub. Breakfast at the Lime is okay. All the basic stuff like fresh fruit juices, various kinds of breads, eggs, curry , congee, cereals etc. Staff are very helpful. All the request and questions are well attended to. The staff in the restaurants and the bell boys are very polite and helpful too. Excellent location near the Chinatown and Clark Quay. You could even walk to the Marina if after the hot sun has come down. MRT station is just steps away. Will definitely stay here again for my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was recently opened and I was impressed with the design especially the colourful birdcages one can see from far. Hence I took the opportunity to book a 2D1N staycation during the Lunar New Year period as there was an opening discount rate. The location is very convenient right smack between Chinatown and the CBD, Boat Quay area is nearby. Therefore looking for delicious affordable food and entertainment at night is no issue. The staff is friendly and was able to look into my room request. Looking out from the glass wall I can see the pool area with the large colourful birdcage cabanas for relaxation and chill out in the night with a nice cocktail. The room is comfortably spacious, geared towards business travelers but still cosy enough for couples. It has the basic amenities and I like the easy-to-use safebox. Everything is brand new with highlights like the Nespresso coffee machine and rain shower with St Gregory Spa toiletries. The room has an open concept but has the option of sliding wooden doors when you need the privacy in the cubicle or toilet itself. At the level 5 pool area, one can get a good view of Hong Lim park and the skyline. The St Gregory Spa is also located here. All in all a very pleasant and tranquil stay in the midst of all the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed February 2013
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm still in the midst of my one week stay but I thought I would write a review now. I am in a superior room with a king bed on the 12th floor. The hotel is very impressive on the outside as well as the inside. I got an introductory rate for the new opening directly on their website. To get there I took a shuttle from the airport which cost $9 SD one way. Check in was fast and seamless. Free wifi and breakfast with my rate. Free wifi is a must. The room is beautiful. Very relaxing colors of muted greens and light browns. The floor to ceiling windows are great. The size is perfect. The lighting is very hi tech so that took me a few seconds to figure out how everything works. There are switches to make the window coverings go up and down. I love the USB ports to charge my iPhone and camera. Nice toiletries. Great shower. Toilet is in a separate room from the shower. Bath robes and slippers provided. Minibar with fridge giving you some space to put your own food. Nice bench next to the window to relax on. Comfy bed with duvet. Excellent location with subway across the street. Several malls close by to buy some snacks and drinks. It is close to the Clark Quay. Tomorrow I will take a 40 minute river cruise which costs S$19. I got up late so I missed breakfast which ends at 10am. Hopefully that will be fine when I try it tomorrow. I would definitely recommend staying here!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to PARKROYAL on Pickering? Share your experiences!