“Just about perfect” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 194 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Tallinn, Estonia
“Just about perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Sue the owner is lovely, everything was done very well and this is probably the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Breakfast is bread with jam or peanut butter but there are facilities to make other things. Microwave toaster and kettle as well as a fridge. Comfortable beds and air con in the rooms. Lavender MRT is about 400 m away, there is a supermarket called fair price 200 m away and a 24/7 seven 11 next door. Below Gusti is a cake shop that looks awesome but I didn't visit it.
Only two things I found challenging. 1. The area over the wash basins are not well lit and consequently it was difficult to shave and 2. the 2 shower rooms are wet room with the toilet inside the room. Sometimes people took a long time to shower leaving me with crossed legs outside or running up and downstairs to find one that was not in use.
One other thing each bed could do with a reading light.
These are minor things, this place was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

thanks for Gusti bed & breakfast for the sevices during my stay there. although only 2 nights, but very nice to rest there. Madam who greeted us was very friendly, the maids who cleaned our room was also very quick and friendly (incidentally comes from Indonesia as well as us). very satisfying. strategic location, close to lavender station. we also easy to get halal food around the hotel area. an unfortunate thing, we got a room on the 3rd floor, stairs to room a little bit difficult for us to carry the suitcase. but overall, very impressive. please wait for our arrival again, Gusti bed & breakfast!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here in february and it was amazing. The staff team are so friendly polite and nice. The rooms were great spotless and affordable. Great location. I would definitely recommend staying here a lttle star in Singapore

• Stayed February 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were extremely disappointed during our stay last this week. We thought that the service was great when we read the review; HOWEVER, this was totally opposite.
1. When I made the booking about two months prior to our arrival date, the owner Audrey gave me a rate of 170 SGD for 7 adults which we both agreed and confirmed the reservation. However, a week prior to our arrival, she then sent me an email that an ADDITIONAL RATE of 10% will be added to the room rate WHICH IN THE FIRST PLACE SHE MENTIONED THAT RATE 170 SGD IS ALREADY NETT WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CHARGES. I just slipped it away since we will be arriving the soonest.
2. Since our flight is arriving at midnight, I inquired if their combivan which Audrey quoted at 55 SGD is already nett and if it includes midnight surcharge, she AGAIN mentioned that it is NETT WITH ALL CHARGES; however, she AGAIN sent an email a day prior to our arrival that there would be an additional rate of 10 SGD for midnight surcharge. To my upset, I cancelled automatically the car directly. I began to think that they are not consistent with what they are committing to their guests.
3. When we arrived past midnight due to the late arrival of the aircraft, we were hoping that someone will greet and help us, UNFORTUNATELY, a front desk staff RUDELY said to us that "Why did we arrive late for we wake her up at this time". Doesn't she have any sympathy, anricipation or common sense to ask if how are we on our long flight instead of being so rude?
4. When we arrive in our room, it smelled newly painted wooden bed so we have to open the window to get rid of the smell. At morning, breakfast was not clearly advised and instructed.
5. Lastly, when we paid the room, the front desk told me that the room rate is at 190 SGD (which was not the rate quoted to me through email). I told the front desk that the rate was 187 SGD (170+10%) and she yelled at me that it's 190. I then insisted the exact rate which was given by Audrey. When that rude and ugly front desk called her and passed the phone to me, I was shocked when she told me that the rate is 190 for she ROUNDED OFF the rate from 187 to 190. I then told her that she doesn't have the right to round off any rate that was not confirmed! I have been alot of hotel/ backpackers and I haven't experienced this kind of lame excuse and terrible service in my entire life!!!

So if you are planning to stay in this Hostel, well think about it over and over again!

BELIEVE ME THEY WILL RUIN YOU'RE VACATION!!!

• Stayed May 2014
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Nicole,

Thank you so much for your detailed review.

Thank you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights there. so comfortable, cozy, clean, good shower, nice n helpful staff, near to the Lavender MRT station, reasonable price. I was really happy to stayed in gusti bnb. Thanks to tante Audrey and Sue for help and very nice service ^^ I promise if I come to singapore again, I'll stay in gusti bnb hostel. Tante Audrey.. pokonya nanti aku nginep di sana lg, kasih discount yaaa hahaha :^D

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Naya,

Thank you so much for the review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel again.

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Friendly staff and close to the MRT station (I would strongly advice you to get a MRT-card to go places). It's a very simple hostel with wooden bunk beds located in a quite neighborhood. Toast and jam for breakfast. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hi Zorah,

Thank you for your review, it was good to know that you had a good stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Binãn, Laguna, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We are a family of seven adults who traveled to Singapore last week. We enjoyed our 5-day stay at Gusti B&B.

Great value: clean facilities, comfortable beds, clean mattresses, pillows and bedding.
Convenient location - approx 300 meters away is the Lavender MRT station which is along the green line and connects directly to Changi airport). There are at least two nearby food courts and grocery stores (Fair Price & 7-Eleven). Mustafa Shopping Center and Our Lady of Lourdes Church are 1 km and 1.3 kms away, respectively.

Operators Bernie and Audrey are friendly, charming and engaging. Sue is very passionate about her work.

Breakfast is basic - tea, coffee, bread and spreads. There is a fridge and microwave oven to store and reheat precooked food (we brought our own cooked ham, yoghurt, cheese and fruit juices as we are heavy breakfast eaters). There is a hot and cold water dispenser.

Washing machine and dryer are available ($8/load for use of both equipment).

My wife and I travel to Singapore 1-2 times a year. GUSTI is one of the best B&B's we have stayed at so far. I would highly recommend to friends.

Areas for improvement:
1. Lighting was a bit dim in our room and likewise at the 3rd floor common area.
2. WIFI signal was quite weak inside our room.
3. Installing exhaust fans in each toilet and bath rooms will help flush out odor and humidity faster.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi Ray,

Thank you for your review. It was such a pleasure having you and your family inhouse. Glad to know everyone had a good stay.

We hope to welcome you back to our hostel in the future.