“Lovely, clean and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   30 A,B,C Penhas Road, Singapore 208188, Singapore   |
Ranked #27 of 189 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dehradun, India
“Lovely, clean and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Very nice! It is near the central City. Take the mrt(metro) from the airport(cheap) and get out at lavender station. Easy to find. Clean, cozy. We asked for an all girls dorm. The people in the reception were so helpful. Mention tripadvisor in your reservation and get 10 discount. 27 dollars pr. Night. Aircon in the room. Food court and supermarked 5 min away.

• Stayed June 2013
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hello Liv,

Thank you for writing such a good review. We are so happy to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore. Good to know that we are able to accommodate you in all gals room as on a normal basis we are actually a mixed dormitories.
Anyway hope to welcome you back again. Take care, and have fun in your next destination Bali :)
- Audrey-GUSTI BnB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Lusaka, Zambia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Everything about this place is excellent..rooms are clean, location is perfect, staff are very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay there again when i go back to singapore. Recommending it to everyone

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Hadhramy,

We are so honoured at reading your positive and encouraging reviews. Thank you so much for writing and recommending GUSTI BnB to everyone. We will definitely try to maintain standard and hope to welcome you back. Once again thank you. - Audrey GUSTI BnB Team.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very friendly and attentive staff. Always room for one more - space is not tight. Location is good and close to transport. Plenty of showers and sinks. Breakfast is served - a bonus already. No toiletries brought? Shouldn't be a worry as they are readily available there for minimal fees.

• Stayed May 2013
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello Pasya,

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are so happy you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Please do come back and stay with us again on your next trip to Singapore.
Looking forward to welcoming you to GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore.

Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

When I first arrived at Gusti's B & B, I was a bit confused as to how to get in. You'll have to ring the bell first, as the door is locked to make sure no unwelcome intruders will bother the guests.
The stairhouse made the impression of a regular housing block with many families living in it on me. Make sure you take off your shoes before you enter the main room with the reception.

To be honest, my first thoughts after checking in and seeing my room were: "Can I really stay in this place?"
It reminded me of the kind of hostels I hadn't stayed in since I was a pupil in Elementary school. The bunk beds also reminded me of my childhood. Also, the idea of having to share a room with a lot of other people didn't make me ecstatic. But upon return to the hostel after being out to meet a friend on my arrival day, I started to appreciate this place a whole lot.

First of all, it's very convenient that you'll receive your own key card, so you can check in whenever you want(no curfew). Also, there's usually always still someone awake and I'm not sure if the other guests are always as nice and kind as they were during my stay, but within a day, I started to make acquaintances there and the whole place started to feel like a home, away from home. The staff is very nice(maybe because they are Indonesian or have Indonesian ancestors?), the toilet and shower is very clean, the kitchen too. Having to sleep in one room with others is actually quite nice too, even though there's one thing you should be aware of:
I'm 188cm and I just fit into the bed...I think if you're 190cm or taller, you'll have some problems to fit into the bed. Other than that, I can't complain:). The matress is not soft, but it didn't affect my sleep, I actually slept a lot better during my stay in Singapore than I did at home. There's an adapter if you have electronics that require European outlets(otherwise, you can "cheat" the outlet by pressing some stick or pen into the upper hole and pushing your cable into the other 2 holes).
The guests seemed to be mostly other South-East-Asians, which is a big plus for me, as I feel that many Singaporeans are quite cold, while most other South-East-Asians are very friendly and naturally curious. Even if you're a rather reserved character such as myself, you'll easily make friends there:).

The price is also absolutely fair and ok. During my last visit to Singapore in October, I slept at the airport for 2 days, because I wasn't willing to pay 200SGD or more for a hotel room only, but here, you only pay around 25 SGD per night, plus a 20 SGD deposit that'll be refunded when you check-out. Speaking of which, the staff is also lenient on the check-out time:).

The proximity to the MRT station Lavender is also a big plus. In case you don't know the area:
Once u leave the MRT station, turn right after the escalator(you'll pass several food stalls), cross the street, go right, left, right and you'll be there:).

I'll definitely stay at this place again during any future stay in Singapore:)!

Kind Regards to the whole Gusti Team...terima kasih banyak:)!

Florian

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello Florian,

Thank you for such a nice review. Its so encouraging to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We are from Thailand. I and my sister visited Singapore in the beginning of March. We're really happy with our stay at this accommodation which we decided to extend our stay here for a week instead of a couple day. It's cozy and very close to MRT station just only a few walk to the hostel. Sometimes, we came back quite late at night but we still could find some thing to eat at food court (24 hrs.) of Lavender MRT station. And just a corner away, there is a supermarket which we could also buy some fruit and drink. Both owners and staffs are every friendly too. We will love to go back there if we visit Singapore again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hi Nongnuch,

Indeed there are loads of food place around our hostel which most of our guests and am sure yourself had enjoyed. We thank you for your kind reviews and am so happy that your stay was wonderful. Do come back and visit us again.
Cheers;
Denpasar, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stay during Apr 6 - 7 '2013 for 3 bed . The room , reception,living room , kitchen , bathroom almost clean . the staff very nice,helpfully , just arround 5 minitues walk from lavender station . very recomended for this hostel . next time if I have visit Singapore I will stay at this hostel again.
cherrs

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Oka,

We are so glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us as much as we had having you here. Really hope to welcome you back soon to GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore.
Thank you.
Cheers;
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

the best thing about staying in this hostel is the location. it takes about 3 minutes walk to MRT Lavender and nearest bus lane, takes you everywhere in singapore in no time. i stayed with friends and make any other friends from all over the world, because it has a cozy living room and all the staffs are so friendly just like family, they will gladly gives you tips or information about singapore which is very helpful. it also provides clean rooms, shower room, toilets, and homy kitchenette. would gladly stay there again if i visit singapore next time. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Ayu,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It really gives us the encouragements to do even better for our guests. We are so glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back to GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore again.
Thank you.
Cheers
GUSTI BnB Team

Been to GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore? Share your experiences!