“If only all hostels were like this! READ HOW IT REALLY IS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adler Luxury Hostel

You added Adler Luxury Hostel to your Saves list
Adler Luxury Hostel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   259 South Bridge Road, Singapore 058808, Singapore (Chinatown)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“If only all hostels were like this! READ HOW IT REALLY IS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed in Adler hostel for the whole 4 day visit to Singapore and if Singapore wasn't lovely enough as it was this hostel and its staff made me even more sad to leave!
Located less than a 5 minute walk from Chinatown station it's smack bang in the middle of all transport and the colours and bustle of Chinatown. The dorms are spotless, good sizes and totally secure. You get a pod in effect to yourself! The bed is larger than a single, there is a wide shelf along its side and a huge locker with key which easily fits a 65kg backpack, as well as 3 power sockets a light and just to put icing on the cake a gorgeous thick gold curtain which pulls across for total privacy. The aircon is amazing and there are really good showers on each floor.
The staff are so helpful and the owner Adler is an absolute legend who has travelled a lot and has used his experience of hostels to inspire the most comfortable accommodation at great value. He truly cares about his customers' comfort and even took me to the local food court to advise me on what food to try for the best Singaporean experience and told me all about the history of the place, there's really nothing these guys won't do to make you comfortable. If I could I'd nick the idea and set up in Europe straight away, he has got it so right!
Rhiannon UK

• Stayed March 2013
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hey Rhiannon!

Was a pleasant experience having you staying with us.

It is encouraging to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed the "Adler Experience". Be sure to spread the word around to your family, friends and colleagues!

We look forward to welcoming you back if your travels ever brings you back to Singapore!

Many well wishes!

Adler Poh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is much more good of all Singapore's hostel!!!
You should stay if you go to Chinatown!!
And they are pretty kind. So don't worry all of things!!
My recommend hostel!!!!!
There is near the many place. for example, convenient store, shopping centre, many cuisine restaurant........
So It has very good place.
If you are thinking that stay somewhere,you should choose it!!
Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2013
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Kohei,

It was actually our absolute pleasure having you around the hostel! We appreciate that you have taken time to write us an perfect review here on TripAdvisor as your review is a testament to affirm the efforts and hard work of our team.

Your English have definitely improved leaps and bounds during your stay here and we hope to welcome you back to Adler Hostel again!

Once again thank you again for your kind review! My team and I sincerely appreciate it.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

New small boutique hostel in chinatown, 3-5 minutes walk away from the mrt. The place is well decorated. The bedrooms are very well thought out and functional, when you enter to your bunk, there is a super single bed with a side table for you to put your stuffs. A huge locker that can fit more than cabin size, two universal adaptors, bunk lights which light up the whole box. The best part is the curtains which closes and you are cut from the world. There is free towels and ear plugs. Toilets are 4:1 ratio which is pretty decent, two mega huge toilets and two small ones.

The breakfast is quite impressive for a hostel, nothing too grand but something that might make me want to return for... the staff here is extremely friendly and knowledgable. Whole place felt really clean and homely which worked out well for me =)

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Brenda,

Thank you so much for your compliments. We are so glad to hear that we had lived up to your expectations as "Singapore’s First Luxury Hostel". It was great pleasure having you with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Adler Hostel.

Please visit us again should your travels bring you back to Singapore, we will be missing you over at Adler Hostel!

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have travelled over the past 8 years now, staying in many hostels and many new posh hostels in many part of asia including Singapore. This is honestly the best hostel I ever stayed in the World.

Firstly the property is very clean and well managed, everything looks pristine and well thought out.

Secondly, I will strongly commend that the beds are really the best I have ever slept in any hostels, and many hotels. the linens were great, but that is not all. the cabin/pods/bunks have well designed lockers which can fit larger than cabin size bags. 2 Universal plugs to charge all your stuffs, no need to call front desk and ask, privacy curtains where u close and its all off and ambience light for the entire cabin. loved the tall ceilings in my room as well.

Thirdly, The breakfast is the best I ever seen in any Hostels, why? Its real food, not SUPER BREAD that every hostel thinks that is all we need. Its not a amazing spread of food but actually a small variety of local food, fresh fruits and cakes on top of the super bread(they have a universal spread of spreads) its what I call Cozy!

Lastly (There is more but I only have a 2000 characters limit for Agoda), The people here are not just great customer service but they have a real heart, helping with the luggages, chatting with you, helping you with itinerary, always eager to help. Thank you DJ and his Team! I love Adler Hostel!

p.s they do sell a amazing beer brewed in Singapore, and prepare a $20 (they accept foreign currencies such as AUD for me) deposit for key deposit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Mel,

It was our absolute pleasure having you around the hostel! We appreciate that you have taken time to write us an perfect review here on TripAdvisor as your review is a testament to affirm the efforts and hard work of our team.

Enjoyed exchanging travel tips with you and we hope to welcome you back to Adler Hostel again!

Thank you again for your kind review! My team and I sincerely appreciate it.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

It has the quality of a hotel. The bed, pillows blanket were all very clean and of good quality.There were two unisersal power plug which really came in handy.

A super Single bed, which is comfy for a big guy like me.
I really liked the cabinet locker just next to the bed for storage of important items.
A pair of new earplug was provided, which was very considerate. I didn't use it as I had my ipod.

Although I require it, there is a washing+dryer machine for laundry. Which would be nice if I were to stay in Singapore for a longer period.

Although I had only stayed for a night, I would go back Adler for future trips to singapore. Their service was good and considerate. Good job and keep it up.

• Stayed April 2013
Hi Rayz,

Thank you so much for your compliments. We are glad to hear that we had lived up to your expectations as "Singapore’s First Luxury Hostel". It is always heartening to know that the quality of the facilities and standard of service is enjoyed and appreciated by our guests.

It’s my team’s pleasure to be of service, we will be missing you over at Adler Hostel!

Take Care.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a newly opened boutique hostel in Chinatown. The place looks exactly like the photos, was really well appointed and clean. Beds were the highlight with clean and hotel quality sheets. Curtains has a really nice touch to provide some privacy. The staff here was very attentive and hospitable. DJ heared my shuttle bus stopping and went out to open the door for me. He also allow me to check in early at 11am and help me with my luggage and assisted me with many queries and even let me have a shower 6 hours after I have checked out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Xenia,

We appreciate that you have taken time to write us an excellent review here on Hostelbookers as your review is a testament to affirm the efforts and hard work of our team.

Lets catch up again when you're back in town!

Once again thank you for your compliments for our staff, we will be missing you over at Adler Hostel! Take Care.

Yours Sincerely,
Yangon, Myanmar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

There should be more luxury hostels like this -- priced in between rock-bottom basic hostel prices and the high-end hotel prices. Very comfortable, great breakfast buffet (noodles, fish balls and sausages, dumplings -- not just Wonder bread and jam), pleasant and helpful staff, free Wifi throughout, clean and relatively large capsule beds with earplugs and bath towel provided. Showers are in same stall as toilets, which is a bit odd. Not a party culture, which is a pro or con depending on your demographic. Definitely a pro for me. Located less than a 5-minute walk from Chinatown MRT. Great time, will totally go there again next time I am in Singapore!

Dear Michael,

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Adler Hostel. We will be missing you over at Adler Hostel!

Warm Regards,
Adler

Been to Adler Luxury Hostel? Share your experiences!