“Great Texas Barbque!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smokey's BBQ

Smokey's BBQ
Sunset Lane, Block 106, Clementi Street 12, #01-54 | 73 Joo Chiat Place, Singapore 427790, Singapore (Joo Chiat)
+65 6872 6857
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #656 of 7,263 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Hamburgers, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Joo Chiat
Description: The original Smokey's BBQ brand took several years to create. We paid careful attention to quality and the authentic flavors of true American BBQ, from making our own BBQ sauce, dressings, rubs, sides, and seasonings, to designing and building the our custom smokers. We prepare, smoke and slow roast the smoked selections using our secret blend of seasoning and wood chips, making the flavors unique to Smokey's . Using traditional American methods to smoke and roast the meats at very low temperatures, the cooking process can take several hours (20+ hours in some cases!) Leaving the meat tender and bursting with flavor. With the freshest US beef, air chilled, never frozen, we also make some of the best classic American burgers on the island, and our buffalo wings can't be beaten, with our house blended buffalo sauce and homemade blue cheese dressing for dipping. We also pride ourselves on one of the best selections of craft beers you'll find in Singapore, many of which we import ourselves directly from small US craft breweries.
“Great Texas Barbque!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

As a native Texan, my standards for brisket are high . . . and, Smokey's is a delight. Informal dining, quasi-outdoor space. Meat smoked the right way. Have been there several times and had brisket and steak - both are terrific. My wife has had salmon, which is perfectly cooked and a generous portion. Good selection of beers. A don't miss . . .

• Visited November 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you're in Singapore and fancy great BBQ this really is the place.
The brisket I had was brilliant and the burgers are awesome.

San Jose, California
“Better than Texas...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went with 2 other friends but did not know what to order, so we ordered baby backs, brisket, beef ribs, St. Louis ribs, and the venison nachos to start. My friends and I all agreed to just put all of the plates in the middle of the table and just tear away at all of the different meats. The food finally showed up so I took my knife and fork so I could cut the meats in thirds so we all had a fair share...stuck the fork in to hold the ribs, and before I had a chance to lay the stake knife into the meat the meat literally fell off the bone...moved over to the brisket, same thing, the meat nearly disintegrated, by the time I got to the beef ribs & St. Louis ribs, all I used was a butter-knife to separate the meat into thirds. Sorry Texas, there's a new king of ribs town, and it's in Singapore. Oh, and the nachos.... it was excellent. I will now try to configure my trip to Asia with a lay-over in Singapore JUST for the ribs.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, AZ
“Excellent pulled pork, brisket and fresh made chips and salsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Smokey's is as good as any BBQ place I've been to in the southern US. They also have a very good wine list, microbrews and a full bar. Service is excellent both at the bar and at tables, and staff are very knowledgeable about the menu. I went twice on my last trip to Singapore and will definitely go again.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Venison chili con carne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Chef Brad used to tease us by only having this mouth-watering dish as the special from time to time but no longer. It is now a permanent part of the menu.

Visited October 2012