“Instantly felt comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
California
“Instantly felt comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Maybe it was the comfy decor or the nice drink menu, but I instantly felt comfortable here. Also tried the fried calamari which hit the spot after a hard day of sightseeing. Decent prices for Singapore and the beer was nice and cold. Service can be a bit spotty so that took away one dot on the review. Desserts look fantastic.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TRR_Management, Manager at The Reading Room, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind honest words. We strive to maintain great value for money food and drinks. We apologise for the spotty service as service to our guests is our utmost importance. Our service is very good and we are confident your next visit will be much better.

austrailia
“A little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This Fabo place is next door to where I was staying at The New Majestic Hotel China town the atmosphere and the Decor is amazing such a trendy hip little place to relax, abundance of reading Material as u relax over a coff or two the choice of Menu is amazing from heavy to light the staff fit perfect for this place very friendly young and Happy Great experience Deff worth a look

• Visited October 2013
Dear Ozzy

Thanks so much for the review. Do drop by again for a cuppa when your back in town!

Melbourne
“A Gastonomic Delight! Top notch service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I love food from all over the world. And when I travel, I make a point of eating at the many restaurants listed on tripadvisors. There are hits and misses from the list of course, but this particular one, The Reading Room, was definitely a spot on hit. So much so that I have decided to sign up on tripadvisor and be a reviewermysef to give this place, and other places i know that are good, the support they so deserve.
The food hee is very good. You can get a good range of tapas from the traditional Spanish to italian, Japanese and Korean small bites. Tried their Spanish meatballs and they were as good as the famous ones I had in Barcelona!
The antipasta was cheap, under $20 for a platter, which you wouldnhave tompay at least $30 for else where.
The teriyaki chicken was excellect, with perfectly grilled chicken and a not too sweet teriyaki sauce.
My wife loved the burger. The patty was thick and juicy. A really fantastic burger worth just going back for.
A fantastic dining experience with great food , very friendly owners and impeccable service.
The Reading Room will see alot of me!

• Visited September 2013
“I will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Thank you for showing what great service is supposed to be like!

This place is so classy. From the deco to the food, everything was fabulous every time I head there. I really love the decor and the whole warmth ambience. Music selection is great, I do love the Jazz selections! Great for friends, family, hosting events, even couples.. What an amazing place.

I first came here for my caffeine craving. I noticed you used illy beans.. I think I can safely say, this is one of the best coffee places around town. The temp of the coffee was always perfect, never scalding. The aroma and taste just wakes me up! I'm... Addicted!

I came back for more and also tried your food menu..
I've had the teriyaki chicken, that was amazing! My friends each took a bite from it and I ended up with an empty plate!

The fried mushrooms were pretty addictive.. Crispy on the outside and so soft on the inside.. I was pretty hesitant about it at first, because I don't quite like mushrooms.. But I tried a bite from my friend's plate and.. I'm a convert. You managed to capture the mushroom taste and made it somehow magically tasty!

And that TRR super burger was it? So JUICY. I love how the patty was handmade and it was such a huge huge burger. Don't see a lot of handmade patties around, so yours is a definitely plus! The bread bun was slightly crispy, very much to my liking! I wish there was a mini TRR burger for ladies like me. It would be the perfect excuse to have a burger but not put on those pounds!

I want to say a big thank you to Jake, for being such a nice host and remembering our names (You have great memory). Thank you for that Birthday shot and endless amount of chips, it was too nice of you. I love this place and feels like I could shoot an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S here. I'll be back!

Visited October 2013
Dear dumb folded

Thank you so much for your kind and honest review. Your kind words motivate us to continue to provide the best service, great food and drinks and a cozy environment to soak it all in.

Thanks and hope to see you again
“Be surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was surprised a year ago when I walked in! It's one of a kind....never seen so many books other than in a library! I love the ambience ...the deco. I can see that each item is carefully thought through by the owners. The tapas are unique and delicious esp the modern japanese take on tauhu goreng, the wonderful garlic mushrooms and home-made tiramisu, and so many more. The menu changes regularly, with daily change of Tapas of The Day. I was told that the owners travel regularly and often bring back seasonal foods from Spain, Italy, Japan, ...so do ask if there is something special they can do for you. But...What is good food without good service? Their staff serve with smiling faces! All of them are friendly and helpful, the level of service we don't often get in Singapore. I have recommended a few friends to this place and they all love it!
I just went again last sat night for their 1st anniversary celebration, with free canapes all night!! And the capanes were a fantastic display of the versatility and skills of the chef, with food from Spain, Thailand,japan to Italy! I especially loved the Japanese baked egg with tobiko in a Japanese broth.
The reading has outdone itself again and again, it is just as good as the first time I walked into this restaurant, if not better....
By the way, look out for the Newly installed beautiful antique chandelier!

• Visited September 2013
Dear Maggoh

Thank you so much for your kind review. You are one of our favourite regulars and we cant thank you enough for the support.

Looking forward to serving you again soon!