“No Less Than Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

+65 82926122
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: At Walks of our Life, we pride ourselves to share experiences which will give you lasting memories for life. Our Motto is Walks of our Life- Memories for Life. We specialise in guided coach and walking tours. You may also engage us for travel/ event management services such as educational/ corporate tours. Our signature product is the "Our Singapore Story", visitors get to trace our growth from a trading port in Raffles days, to the days when our founding fathers fought for the nation's independence. The story ends off with highlights of Singapore's success today. In a short few hours with us, visitors can indulge in countless local experiences, and enjoy meeting Singaporeans and fellow travellers from all walks of life. You may also engage us for transportation and attraction ticketing services.
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
“No Less Than Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Traveling alone, I could not wait to meet people! This so was the opportune moment. I signed up for a morning tour at the hostel where I stayed @The Little Red Dot. Desmond is so knowledgeable and he truly wants to share it with each and every one of us. He guided us through beautiful temples and introduced us to local Singaporean food. We ate lunch at a hawker food court (a must). We parted ways at about 1pm, but I and along with the new friends I made on the tour ended up hanging out the next couple of days exploring the city together; The Flyer, the Night Safari, Light show (invited Desmond to come too!). Kopi Boy made my trip that much more special. Thanks ;)

Visited November 2012
WalksofOurLife, Owner at Walks of Our Life, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello Christina!

It is satisfying for me to see independent travellers like you meet new friends and travel buddies after my walks! Even though we had not prepared for the drenching drizzles, I hope that catching the waterfront light show was still memorable for you!

Thank you for your review and enthusiasm! All the best for your studies, and do keep travelling!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
“Must join the walking trip with Desmond!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I really enjoy the time is Little Red Dot, you can join the free walk tour with Desmond, you will get lots of fun!

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure to meet you and Ivy in Singapore, the best part being finding the refreshing coconut juice drink at the end of the day!

Best of luck for your travels and adventures in Australia!

Desmond
“Best way to meet new people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Had a wonderful time trying new foods, meeting new people and familiarizing myself with the city. The added benefit of learning local Singlish words was very interesting as well :)

WalksofOurLife, Owner at Walks of Our Life, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hi Sinead!

Thank you for leaving me this review! Glad that the Singlish phrases, tasty local breakfast treats and AWESOME friendships made your holiday memorable here! Do keep in touch with the group via FB too!

Cherish your precious family time this Christmas season back in Ireland! :)

Singapore, Singapore
“Great walking tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Desmond (or kopi Boy) really helped us see Singapore & immerse ourselves in local customs & traditions. It was our first full day in Singapore & having wondered aimlessly about the previous afternoon and not found much he really opened our eyes to the sights that are around. This walking tour would be excellent if you had to pay a small fee, but the fact that it is free makes it even better! Desmond is very knowledgeable & any questions we had for him, even silly ones! The people we went on the walk with we traveled with for the rest of the stay in Singapore. I would thoroughly recommend & thank you Desmond for your hard work and making our first place backpacking a great experience! Prepare to lean some Singlish!

Hi Howard!

Good choice to make Singapore your first stop of the Asian backpacking trip! You guys were a great sport, be it to learn Singlish or try our local bites! I'm glad that everyone kept in touch and had a memorable "Slingapore" experience together too!

Thank you for your review and words of encouragement, I will continue to work hard! Best of luck to your onward travels too!

Sydney, Australia
“Kopi Boy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Kopi Boy (Desmond) is the the man! He invited me to one of his walking tours and, knowing the Singaporean heat, at first i was hesitant. I'm so glad I went because I learnt more about Singaporean culture in this 3 hour guided tour than the rest of the week i spent in the country. The tour started at the Little Red Dot and ended in Little India. Along the way, we stopped at a few temples, had a typical Singaporean breakfast where Kopi Boy served us coffee, and stopped at a few places of interest in the area. It's a bit of a walk but you wouldn't notice it as Desmond is such an engaging guide. His knowledge of the area is amazing and he encourages everyone to get to know each other. He even took us for drinks later that night at Chinatown!
This is definitely one of the best tours i've been on and is a must do if you're ever in Singapore. Keep up the good work Desmond. You're a champ mate!

Visited October 2012
WalksofOurLife, Owner at Walks of Our Life, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hi Jose!

Thank you for your review and encouragement!

When the heat gets to you in Singapore, all the more you should head out with us to get a glass of Kopi Peng!! I'm glad that you had not missed out on the fun and chance to meet new friends on the walk! Hope you have been in touch with Caleb, Philip, Josh and the others too!

Let me know if you decide to come back to work at Singapore in the near future!