“Customer Service has made me a very happy/relieved person!” 5 of 5 stars

Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Jalan Rajah, Singapore 329133, Singapore   |
Ranked #57 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Japan/Texas
“Customer Service has made me a very happy/relieved person!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I didn't actually stay at the Days Hotel; but I had reservations there. Because of a screwup on my part, I was double-booked at two separate hotels in Singapore for the exact same dates. I discovered too late that neither hotel allows cancelations. To say the least, I was frustrated. Singapore is NOT a cheap place to go in the first place; and to then waste $400 on a room I wasn't going to be using, that I could have used to eat and tour around, had me on the verge of tears.
I wrote both hotels emails explaining my story; and the reason I wanted to make the first cancelation (a whole other story.) The first hotel didn't budge, but Days just sent me an email telling me that they would let me out of my reservation as a gesture of good will!!
Thank you very much to Angelina Tan and the Customer Service Department.
(Also - this ended up being my first choice for where I was going to stay. Had I the chance to do this over, I would be staying at this hotel next week instead of the one where I'm booked.)
Give them your business! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tony_Cousens_GM, General Manager at Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your generous feedback. We are glad that you managed to find a way out of the frustrating situation with our help. We would also like to emphasize that this is a once off gesture of goodwill that we have given you on the manager’s discretion. That said, we would most certainly like to welcome you to stay with us at The Days Hotels Singapore the next time you visit Singapore. You may also be interested to know that the Zhongshan Shopping Mall and The Ramada Singapore will be opening in May.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Myself and husband spent two nights here on the 18th and 19th of March. Other than the fact that the room was small, everything about the hotel was great. The room was clean. The bed and pillows were extermely comfortable. Had a great sleep. The shower at the bathroom was like I was at a jacuzzi. Above all, I think her name was Kim. She understood that I had a back problem and let us check in much before the check in time. That was quite understanding of her. The breakfast was good. There is a shuttle that takes you to the Novena MRT every other hour or so (although we missed it everytime.). And, there is free wifi in your room.

Since this hotel is only 3 months old, their rooms are clean and everything about it is great. I hope they continue this as the hotel gets older.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony_Cousens_GM, General Manager at Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you had a great stay at The Days Hotel at Zhongshan Park. Our associates strive to provide all our guests with excellent service through our “Count on Me” service culture and we are glad that Kim has managed to achieve this for you. We are always happy when guests enjoy our premium Serta mattresses for a good night’s sleep, and especially for you since you have a back problem and comfort is of the utmost importance.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Singapore.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We booked your hotel for a 6 night (25/2-3/3) shopping spree vacation and didn't expect much as all we wanted was a nice room and a comfortable bed with easy excess to public transport and free wifi.
This hotel is fairly new so all the facility inside is in good condition.The standard room we had was spacious as our room was located at the far end corner of the hallway.The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean and fresh.I enjoyed the window ledge sitting as it gave me a great view and felt homely.The mini bar had two complementary water bottles and the empty space inside give me enough room to put my own drinks.
My only disappointment was when I wanted to borrow a weighing scale and was told that there were none. I think it's vital for a hotel to have at least one in the housekeeping department for travellers like myself who needs to know if my luggage would be overweight.
The shuttle service provided by the hotel is a good idea and the driver was always friendly and helpful.
Overall it's a good choice for a 3 star as I've stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels.For the amount you pay, the quality exceeded my expectations.
Please give my best regards to Nick who checked us in and out in a prompt manner and Deepy who helped us with our luggage into the taxi. A special thanks to both of them. Cheers...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your generous feedback. We at The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park strive to continuously provide all our guests with the “best service and value under the sun”. We are pleased to hear that we have achieved this for you through our friendly service and comfortable room amenities. Thank you for your suggestion for the weighing scale and will be looking into acquiring one to serve our guests better. We will also pass on your compliments to Nick, Deepy and our associates and encourage them to continue providing excellent services and experiences for all our guests.
We look forward to being of service to you the next time you visit Singapore for a shopping spree vacation.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

this hotel is new and rooms are very clean and tidy. The staff are super frendly and helpful and can't do enough for you. we were very happy with the facilities and it is only a short distance to the city centre and attractions. easiest way to get around is with taxis and they are cheap and easy to find. We strongly recommend Days hotel to everyone visiting singapore. Pity there is no pool :(

Room Tip: our room faced the city and was very quite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony_Cousens_GM, General Manager at Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for your encouraging feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a great time with us at The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park during your visit to Singapore. Our associates strive to provide the “best service under the Sun” to all our guests and we are glad to have achieved it. We have also installed a new taxi light to ensure that our guests do not have to wait long for a taxi.
You may also be interested to know that The Ramada Singapore at Zhongshan Park will be opening in May and will have a pool, as well as a business centre and meeting facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels on your next visit to Singapore.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Before making a decision to book a hotel locally for a weekend getaway, I would usually do research and read reviews, while shortlisting and comparing. Finally decided on Days Hotel @ ZhongShan Park - main reason is because it's relatively affordable and NEW.

Had a 1 night stay with my fiance and it was great. It exceeds my expectation knowing that this is only a 3-star hotel. Hotel vicinity is fantastic - well decorated, pleasant. Room is clean, well furnished and most importantly of all, I love how comfortable the pillow and bed are! Finally a hotel with pillow not too soft!

Didn't get a chance to dine in the hotel restaurant as the hotel itself is located strategically with great food around.

The only problem is the bathroom in the room. I am not too sure if all other rooms are the same, but if you are traveling alone or with your partner, it's fine. Not suitable for other groups of people as you can see clearly the bathroom while you are in the room.

Overall, it's a good stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony_Cousens_GM, General Manager at Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we have managed to provide you with the “Best Service and Value Under the Sun”. We are also happy to hear that you have enjoyed our Premium Serta Mattresses for a good night’s rest. Also, given customer feedback, we are frosting the bathroom window to have more privacy.

The Ramada Singapore at Zhongshan Park will be opening in May and will have brand new catering and banquet facilities that may be of interest to you and your fiancé for your wedding banquet. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The airline we were traveling with arranged accommodation for us at the Days Hotel after a delayed flight. We were happily surprised with this hotel. The public areas of the hotel were modern and inviting. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the restaurant served a tasty breakfast. The room had modern furnishings, great bathroom, free wifi and a large comfy bed. This hotel was a great surprise, and better than a 5 star hotel we were to stay in later in Singapore. I believe the rooms are very affordable and if I travel to Singapore again I will be staying here, it may not be in the best location but it's a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony_Cousens_GM, General Manager at Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are pleased to have been able to provide a comfortable stay for you, despite the experience of a delayed flight. Our associates strive to delight our guests with our “Count on Me” service promise and we are glad to have been able to achieve that.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park, as well as The Ramada Singapore at Zhongshan Park when it opens in May along with the Zhongshan shopping centre, on your next visit to Singapore.
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Days Hotel at the end of Feb 2013 for 1 night.

The room was very clean and in good style. Space was good enough and the bed was comfortable.

I found no problem with the shower or the bathroom. Water pressure was good and everything was clean and orderly.

All the staffs I've encountered were very professional and kind. Check in was easy enough. When I had some problems with the hotel shuttle outside the hotel, I called in the hotel and they called me right back with an answer.

I haven't tried the breakfast but I think the price was good enough.

Free Wifi with login password but the speed was not that great actually. I do not know if that is the standard speed in Singapore but it kind of felt like 2003 not 2013.

The only problem besides slow wifi I've had with this hotel is the location:

1. Nobody knows where this hotel is. Even my taxi driver had to do a bit of driving around to find this hotel. It says Zhongshan park but apparently nobody knows what Zhongshan park is. It is actually a really really tiny patch of land, not a park that you would normally imagine.

2. It's not far from the nearest MRT station, but it is not that close either. Unless you want to do some serious cardio workout in the sun, do not attempt to walk to the MRT station. It's only several minutes by taxi but not a walking distance.

3. The hotel does provide free shuttle to the MRT station but if you miss one, you'd have to wait 30 min up to an hour for the next shuttle which is really inconvenient. Also very confusing where to take the shuttle at the MRT station back to the hotel. PLEASE PROVIDE MORE DETAILED MAP OF THE PICK UP ZONE OF THE SHUTTLE and also PLEASE ADD MORE SCHEDULE TO THE SHUTTLE. I missed a shuttle because I got confused where to take the shuttle. There are at least two different zones where people get on/off various kinds of shuttles and buses. It was really really inconvenient for me.

4. Taxi is not always easy to get at certain hours. That goes both ways: at the hotel and at the MRT station. So if you missed a shuttle and there's a long line of people waiting for taxi, you are pretty much stuck.

So, for the above reasons, I think the location is sort of a real hassle. UNLESS THEY HAVE MORE FREQUENT SHUTTLE TO THE MRT STATION.

The hotel itself was real nice. No doubt about it. It is a shame. I liked the hotel really much but I think I am going to pick a lesser hotel with a better location next time...that's a real shame..

One little episode, I can't remember what time it was, but apparently the fire alarm went off or something during the night and everyone at the hotel were standing around in/outside the lobby. I was coming back from some place else and it was something I've never experienced before.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad that you have been pleased with the room facilities and the overall service of The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park.
We are however sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the shuttle and taxi services. We our awaiting our two new purchased shuttle buses in April and the subsequent additional shuttle frequency when our Ramada Hotel and the Zhongshan shopping centre open. As well, we will be conducting another “taxi promotion” to create more awareness of our new $200 million development. In the meantime, our bellmen/associates have direct Telephone apps booking capability if customers wish to pre-book taxis.
We hope to be of service to you again the next time you visit Singapore either at the Days Hotel or Ramada Singapore.

Been to Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park? Share your experiences!