I had booked 4 rooms (some checked in on separate days) in this hotel for my family and friends to stay. Unlike what most reviewers said, I had SEVERAL bad experience with this hotel which actually made me write this review.
1) Speed: The average check-in time was 20 mins (1st time I checked in was 30mins). Staff were either very slow or the IT system is slow or the whole process is slow or all of the above.
2) My requests were not met: I had previously wrote in to tell them that I would need connecting rooms else I will not stay here. Reservations team agreed but when I checked in. The answer given by front desk was " sorry, we do not have connecting rooms available."
Breathing deeply, I explained that I really need connecting rooms because the groom will pick up the bride here (yes, this is the hotel the bride's family is staying ) and connecting room is a must. Still the answer was " Sir, there is no connecting rooms." I then had to politely ask her to find out if it can be arranged, she gave me a pained expression which means NO. I had to explain to her more. Luckily, someone who walked in from inside noticed us and enquired. He then made some checks and said that I can have connecting rooms but in a few hours time. Which is fine with me as long as I have those rooms. Had I not insisted I would have no connecting rooms!
3) Request not met part 2: I need parking coupons for cars and would like to have them first so I can give to other cars which is arriving. The staff were timid and had to ask around if that is possible. Finally, a guy holding a thick 5cm stack of parking coupons say NO, because he is afraid the coupons will run out. Lack of initiative, inflexibility and bad service attitude from the staff really infuriates me. I did not get my parking coupons as I felt there is no need to make more requests and more people will come out and they hold a mini-meeting before making a decision and waste more time.
4) Inconsistencies and Bad services(again!) : As I have to check-in a few times (due to 4 rooms at different days and times). What really made my blood boil was once when checking in, the counter staff asked me to sit down at the lobby and wait as there is a queue. The next moment, someone else just walked into the hotel and is served by another counter staff. I went to the counter staff to ask why am I not served first and he just pretended nothing happened.
5) Check-out troubles: What pisses me off MOST was that Because I knew exactly how slow their service is. I volunteered to settle the payment FIRST, so as not to waste more time checking out and settling the bill. But on the day I checked out, they said I did not pay!!!! And they could not find my receipt, but insisted that I owe them money (they unfortunately have no idea what am I supposed to pay them, I suspect some staff wrote as a comment that I owe them an amount in the IT system). Luckily, I had my transaction slip, but they still insisted that I still owe them some money (which they have no clue of). I was furious! I said unless you can prove to me what I owe you, else do not say I owe you. BUT still they insisted!! I had to argue with them (3 staff) for a good 20 mins and they finally said, "okie we will investigate". (they were rude btw). Of course, when I returned, they ignored me. I had to ask what is the result of their "investigation" and the lady then apologised and said its all good. (Because of the delay, I was late for an appointment)
Perhaps their services have improved now. But I really had so many bad encounters that I had to warn people. Better luck to those that will stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park offers basic yet smart amenities including an all-day dining halal restaurant - 21 on Rajah, a gym, and 405 contemporary guest rooms decorated in a vibrant avant-garde style.Situated within the central district of Novena, the hotel is a mere five minutes' drive away from the Velocity and United Square shopping malls and office towers, the Novena Medical hub and newly-opened Mount Elizabeth hospital. The Orchard Road shopping belt, Marina Bay Financial area are conveniently located just 10-15 minutes by taxi, whilst Resorts World Sentosa, Universal Studios, and Changi international airport are a half-hour taxi ride away. Right beside Days Hotel is a retail mall - Zhongshan Mall, consisting of approximately 35 retail shops and eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Hotel Singapore At Zhongshan Park