“Extraordinary experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 7,382 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Casual, Fine Dining Offering outstanding value and quality, casual Italian cuisine, in ITALY is an expression of Chef Mario Caramella’s own personality and culinary tastes. With full culinary and creative control, in ITALY is the realisation of a dream Chef Mario has quietly nurtured over an impressive 30-year career spanning Italy, Canada, UK, Hong Kong, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore, where he was most recently Chef Patron at the award-winning Forlino Restaurant. Taking the cue from Chef Mario’s warm charisma and welcoming nature, in ITALY combines an ambience of comfort and style designed by Chef Mario himself to inspire good times with great friends. A trio of communal tables placed at the heart of the restaurant, for example, beckons as an area to gather, mingle and share in the convivial spirit that defines great Italian dining.
Sydney, Australia
“Extraordinary experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The best restaurant experience in Singapore for many years. The food was outstanding, the stand out for me was the Lobster Risotto. However the difference between good and great is the care and comfort provided by the staff. It was one of those experiences when you start looking for the microphone under the table, every uttered wish came true. As soon as we thought or considered what would compliment or add to each moment, the staff at In Italy had already considered it. Little extras such as cheese to compliment the wine, extra Parma ham to ensure our appetiser remained appetising. The wine selection was well priced, and a perfect partner to the meal. Extraordinary experience all round, we will be back very soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
“No 3 ? Best Italian?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I need a second visit to ascertain its ranking. Veal appetiser and fish condiment with the bread were great though

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Returning customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

After the first encounter with the restaurant which is positive, I decided to return this time round with my friends for their birthday celebration.

Our dinner for the night are based on the recommendations by Chef Felix. We have the t-bone as per recommended which is amazing good. My friend who do not eat eggplant actually love Stracciatella the most! The freshness of the seafood for the dish 'Fritto Misto' was welcoming. Not forgetting one of the signature dish 'squid ink tonnarelli'

Not only did Chef Felix recommends good dishes to us, he did surprised the 2 birthdays girls with the signature giant macaroon. Thanks chef Felix for the wonderful evening. We will be back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
singapore
“Set lunch portion was too small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Myself with few friends went there for lunch recently. Some had set lunch $18 for 2 course meals and some ordered from ala carte. Though the food were tasty we all agreed the portion were rather small. We dont mind paying more and get a decent serving ( perhaps Chef Mario may consider giving option for customer to choose ) The staff were good and wine was yumm.
I will come back to give another try with hubby next time.

singapore
“A marvelous party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

1. Excellent service (a)we made a book just 3 hours prior to dinner time for an extremely large group of 18pax. They had the terrace booked for us and even drafted a tasting menu within the short time span. Very responsive! (b) Tony, the floor manager displayed impeccable service standards and I mean worldclass (I've tried Tetsuya, Quay, etc so imagine the benchmark I've set). He was obviously very customer centric - refills of prosecco were smooth and timely, making sure all of us are having a ball of time. That day poured like crazy and he ensure we all have taxis booked and brolly prepared! He refused a tipping which I honestly felt he truly deserves it.

2. Food (a) al dente pasta, melt in your mouth beef cheeks, creamy risotto, savory cheese flakes are a showcase of authentic Italian cuisine (b) great for value wines (we had almost 5-6 bottles of prosecco; 3 magnums of chianti Classico?!?!?) Honestly we drank so much that I can't recall and please don't mark up your prices in time when you become too popular. Chef Mario gave us some really strong lemon liquor! Woohoo

3. Ambience (a) I would have have rated this higher if not for the leaking covering at terrace (b) interior looks cozy (c) toilets are very clean. Overall still very good

I had a memorable time since it was a farewell party organized for me by my colleagues and I have to thank all staff in In Italy for making my memories unforgettable!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere