“A wonderful experience to remember” 4 of 5 stars
Review of POLLEN

POLLEN
Flower Dome, Gardens by the Bay | 18 Marina Gardens Drive #01-09, Singapore 018953, Singapore (Marina Bay)
+65 6604 9988
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #148 of 7,254 Restaurants in Singapore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Housed in the Flower Dome of the new Gardens by the Bay, POLLEN offers modern European cuisine with Mediterranean influences. Spanning over two levels with 120 seats, this flagship restaurant has Michelin star chef Jason Atherton as its chef director who is also behind the award-winning Pollen Street Social in Mayfair, London. There is also a dessert bar a la Pollen Street Social with a tantalising showcase of sweet treats. Boasting spectacular views of the Marina Bay skyline, POLLEN features its own garden of Mediterranean herbs and vegetables for use in its dishes.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A wonderful experience to remember”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We came across Pollen by accident, whist enjoying the Gardens by the Bay. We had I eaten in Pollen Social in London the week before so eating here was a must. So fortuitous as the meal and staff were nothing but excellent. I would go again and highly recommend it. See the light show first or afterwards to make this an evening to remember.
The amuse bouchée were very tasty and the almond gazpacho very different, maybe one flavor too many. The lobster, meltingly soft and the quail the best I have had. My husbands pork was succulent . We did not have time for dessert but were brought some sweetly sublime petit fours. The experience culinary staff should be proud of what they have achieved. A negative comment the rough surfaced plates are ones I would change, and perhaps the multitude of flavors are overly complex.An expensive place but that should not deter those who delight in culinary experiences.

Visited November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the dishes and service at Pollen and had an amazing experience with us. We have taken note of your comments on the tableware and have shared them with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant in the future.

• Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My First time dining at Pollen last week. Was not sure what to expect. I was wowed from start to finish! The staff are warm, attentive and friendly! To top off they accommodated my dietry requirements. which can be a rare. The food - Striking presentation and every mouth full just divine! I look forward to going back as I learnt they also serve afternoon tea.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear of your wonderful experience at Pollen and are glad to know that you enjoyed the food and service. Our chefs are happy to accommodate any dietary requirements and customise the dishes accordingly to your preferences. Our menu is seasonal and changes once every few months to feature fresh ingredients of the season. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pollen soon!
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
“Allergic to Pollen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

pollen tries very hard to be a special restaurant but fails on every count.Service is either patronizing or incomprehensible,the food is absurdly fussy and is simply not very nice to eat.Tthe prices are very high for a very limited choice which were all disappointing.The suckling pig was poor quality with accompaniments that simply did not work.We had to meet the chef who is a nice Scot called Colin but it was a painful conversation as none of us liked his odd mismatched dishes.The wine waiter was totally incomprehensible and patronizing at the same time-an unique attribute in my experience.I would urge you to avoid this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience at Pollen. Please be assured this is not our usual standard and we have shared your feedback with the team for future improvement. We hope that you will visit us again in the future where we can have the chance to provide you with a better dining experience.
Qingdao, China
“Amazing Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Really enjoyed this restaurant. Top notch food. Had the pleasure of meeting the head pastry chef (I think her name was Miss Moore). She was very lovely and took the time to explain what we had ordered. I don't remember the last time I received that kind of one on one service. Overall I highly recommend this restaurant. If you find yourself in Singapore, looking for good food and great service, do yourself a favor and eat at Pollen.

Brian

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
EsquinaPollenKSS, Manager at POLLEN, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear of your wonderful experience at Pollen and that you enjoyed the food, service and your dessert bar experience with our pastry chef Monica. Our menu is seasonal and changes once every few months so do visit us again in the near future. Thank you once again for dining with us.
Manila, Philippines
“Would not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I know that this place has gotten alot of excellent reviews so I kind of feel bad that I don't have a very good impression of it. The ambience is probably one of the best in Singapore. Its surroundings is also second to none. The food however is very underwhelming - taste quality was below average on an absolute standard basis. Which makes it even more disappointing given that the price points are quite high. Sorry but I would highly recommend avoiding this place; with the exception of those who are primarily looking for exceptional ambience and would not mind below average food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. We have taken note of your comments on the food and prices and will share them with the culinary team to look into and make improvements. We are glad you enjoyed the Flower Dome setting and hope that you will visit us again in the future where we can have the chance to provide you with a better dining experience.