“Best Hostel I have stayed in!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beary Best! by a Beary Good Hostel!

You added Beary Best! by a Beary Good Hostel! to your Saves list
Beary Best! by a Beary Good Hostel!
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   16 & 18 Upper Cross Street, Chinatown, Singapore 058331, Singapore   |
Ranked #33 of 185 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
“Best Hostel I have stayed in!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked 2 nights in Beary Best hostel in a private room. The hostel is in a very good location. The rooms are very clean with good facilities and a nice hot shower. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The only thing they could improve is the wifi connection as could not get it in the room. If I come to Singapore again, I will stay at Beary Best. I highly recommend this to travellers on a budget. Keep up the good work.

Navpreet Kaur (England)

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Ubud, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I visit Singapore to update my visa on a regular basis and always prefer to extend my stay a few days to have a look around the city, eat great food, coffee shops, art galleries etc. As the city is so very expensive (storeroom sized hotel room without window from $120) to find a hostel of such a good standard as this for $30 average a night is amazing.
Incredibly clean and well maintained, this simple yet comfortable stay has all you would need. Beds you can have a good nights sleep, hot power showers, fast broadband wifi, and i've been lucky enough to have good guests sharing the dorms so its a mutual respectful communal space.
and the location is excellent - chinatown is a great spot to discover more about Singapore on foot or on the MRT - about 2 min walk away.
5 stars from me for value, service and location. And I don't like teddy bears :-)
I will continue to make this my home when I return to singapore.
Thanks Beary

Room Tip: prefer lower bunk beds as you have a curtain and if someone enters the room and puts the light on yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Me and 6 of my friends traveled to Singapore from Nov 27-30. We stayed for 3 nights and we got the 8-bedroom dorm type with private bathroom. Location is perfect few mins away from the MRT. Theres a nearby mall, restaurants near the hostel serves good food, there are souvenir shops also close by. There are 4 laptops available in the common room, comfortable sofa, tv and wii. Breakfast available are bread, jams/butter and cereals. They sell cup noodles, water and soda. Wifi connection is kind of weak. The room is clean and bed is comfortable even if its bunk beds. We have a private bathroom but there's a foul smell coming from the bathroom smells like sewage so we always make sure that the bathroom door is closed because the smell reeks in the bedroom. I think this is the only downside of this hostel :(

Overall I had a nice stay in beary best hostel. If you need a clean and nice place to crash in Singapore and you're on a tight budget, beary best hostel is the place to be.

Room Tip: there a bbq place nearby that serves delicious beef and chicken bbq for only S$1.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Beary Best Hostel is the first building I had known at Singapore. First time saw the building, it gives me uncomfortable feeling. And from that moment, I learned what it means by “Don’t judge a book just by its cover”. After 18 hours staying at the hostel, I ask my friends, “Is this a hostel? The facilities here are comparable to 5 stars hotel”. From the bedroom till the washroom, I can give 9 out of 10 marks (nothing is perfect >.<”). I had a wonderful sleep there, however I am forced to woke up early every day. Why? Because I do not want to miss out the delicious breakfast provided by the friendly staff. One word isn’t enough to describe how wonderful is the hostel. Anyway, just one thing really makes me mad about the hostel. Why Beary Best Hostel is flawless?? I cannot find single unsatisfactory when I stay at the hostel. Congratulation!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

It was my first time staying in a hostel. The hostel is clean and the services are good. Breakfast is provided so you don't have to worry about it. They also provide netbooks for free internet access, some books and magazines, as well as a flat screen TV with Wii. You can definitely spend a great time over there. There are lockers for you to keep your things, just make sure that you bring your own lock. The hostel is quite near to the MRT station and some food courts which you can find tasty food with reasonable price. Since it is located in Chinatown, there are many stalls and shops around where you can buy some souvenirs. I enjoyed my stay there and would like to recommend it to all of you. It will be much more fun if you come with groups of friends. The more the merrier!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was my first time in Singapore and I was really impressed with Beary Best. Facilities are clean, well maintained and adequate (3 showers and 2 toilets per floor), friendly staff, 4 netbooks for surfing, free wifi, and has a homey feel to it. Great location also as it is near 3 foodcourts, 1 supermarket, bus stop just outside the entrance,10 min walk to Clark Quay and a 5 min walk to Chinatown MRT station. I definitely would recommend this to everyone who's on a budget and wants a clean place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

It was my first time in Singapore and also my first time staying in a hostel. My friends and I were looking for a good and clean hostel to stay in as we were tight on budget. We found this hostel thru its sister hostel, Beary Good. I must say, Beary Best lives up to its name. Friendly staff, very clean rooms and bathroom with good hot and cold water flow and hair blow dryers! We were lucky that our other room mates are the friendly and do not make much noise. This hostel also offers breakfast and the lobby is great with the big TV and laptop computers that you can use. Location is great too: near mrt station and near shops where you can buy shirts and souvenirs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Beary Best! by a Beary Good Hostel!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Beary Best! by a Beary Good Hostel!

Address: 16 & 18 Upper Cross Street, Chinatown, Singapore 058331, Singapore
Location: Singapore > Singapore
Ranked #33 of 185 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Hotel Class:2 star — Beary Best! by a Beary Good Hostel! 2*
Standing out independently in a beautiful art deco heritage building, Beary Best! was designed with the simple intent to merge backpackers practicality with hotel like space and comfort.Fellow backpackers and budget travelers are welcomed to choose from a variety of dorm types (6, 8, 9 bed dorm and female dorm with ensuite bathroom) at great and affordable prices.Rates are all inclusive of free breakfast and a long list of high quality facilities such as large and clean showers, spacious lounge, free internet, WIFI access, air conditioning, fully fitted bunk beds with international power points) The hostel is located just 3 minutes from Chinatown MRT station and within 10 minutes walking distance to Singapore River, Marina Bay and the Financial District. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, HostelWorld, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Beary Best! by a Beary Good Hostel! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Beary Best! By a Beary Good Hostel! Singapore

If you own or manage Beary Best! by a Beary Good Hostel!, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.