“Next to Changi just walking from Expo station” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capri by Fraser Changi City

Save Saved
You added Capri by Fraser Changi City to your Saves list
Capri by Fraser Changi City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Changi Business Park Central 1, Singapore 486037, Singapore   |
Special Offer
Cook-in Staycation
Ranked #33 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Jakarta
“Next to Changi just walking from Expo station”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Above my expectation. Huge and very well maintenance ! we get studio room with huge and comfort bed, sofa, big screen TV, kitchenette with appliances, microwave, stove, spacious bathroom, well amenities, next from Mall with cold storage and many food hall and restaurant, bakery, coffee shop, fashion shop, kids playground, ect. just cross the road to Singapore Expo. next to and from Changi Airport. smart and quick check-in check-out.

Room Tip: beside the pool area still under construction, so better to chose another view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Indonesian first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The studio-type room assigned to us was spacious and beautifully designed. It was very clean and has a neat kitchenette. The bed was huge and very comfortable. There was also sofa where you can relax while watching tv. I love the way the bathroom and walk-in closet was placed within the room. Most importantly, wifi was free. We just stayed overnight in the hotel but the experience was great.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After a horrific overnight stay at the Maldives International Airport, due to a cancelled flight and dealing with poor customer service at the airport, arriving in Singapore 24 hours after our schedule time, was a relief. The Singapore Airlines staff coordinated overnight stays at various hotels in the area as our delayed departure from the Maldives resulted in an overnight layover in Singapore. We were put up in the Capri Hotel, and we found it to be clean, orderly, spacious and the reception and the staff were very courteous and friendly. My only questioning comment is that you can't watch TV from the bed, although there is a little sofa facing the TV you can sit and watch from. The buffet breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Lee_Vernon, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear EParkhurst,

We thank you for sharing about your stay at Capri by Fraser and we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

We apologize that there was no instruction in our premier room to inform that our television mounted on the wall can be adjusted for viewing from different part of the rooms. We will review our communication with our guest to try to improve our guest experience.

We thank you for choosing to staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kuching, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I always stay in this hotel before I travel out from Singapore. I have been stay in this hotel many times. But it was very significant that the staffs who working on that day was not very friendly.
I do not think the hotel was fully booked as I didn't see a lot people taking the lift. But I really can't understand why the receptionist have to locate me in a room next to construction site. The construction site was not stopped even at midnight. I was being disturb by the noise. I only check in 9pm and check out at 5am for a transit night. I can't have a good rest due to the noise at outside.
Besides, I am asking some old newspaper to wrap my fragile gift and it was told by concierge counter that there was not even one single piece of old new paper in whole hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room not close to construction site if you do mind noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear sunnybatu,

We thank you for sharing about your stay at Capri by Fraser and we apologize that our service had not met your expectation.

We had shared your feedback with our front office team and they are disappointed that they had failed to meet your expectation. We had conducted service training for the team and will monitor their performance closely over the next few months.

With regard to the noise from the construction, we have written to the construction company officially to lodged a complain and will not hesitate to write to Land Transport Authority if the situation does not improve.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for 4 nights to attend a training program in Changi Business Park. This was one of the few options available in that area. The place is really close to the airport with a regular complimentary shuttle service. Rooms were spacious with usual amenities and a small kitchenette. Quality of service was good and staff helpful. I found the food menu lacking variety and there were limited choices in buffet breakfast. The place is far from city centre so ideal only if you have business in that area. Lively pubs in the building opposite are the only options for entertainment nearby.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Lee_Vernon, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Vinayagga,

We apologize that our food menu and breakfast selection did not meet your expectation. We are already in the midst of planning for a new food menu as well as revitalizing our breakfast selection. We hope you will notice the improvement on your next stay with us.

Woodinville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is very close to the airport so if you have an early flight it's a great option. It was also near my office which was a bonus. If you need to be in the heart of the city this may not be the location for you.

The staff was friendly although there were lines for both check in and check out. The hotel has a very modern design (more than I prefer) and everything was very clean. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was included in my room price and I would say the quality was above average but nothing amazing. Across the street there were restaurants and some night life with live music.

From a business perspective I would definitely consider staying here again. If I was here for a holiday I would consider other options.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mdkirkpatrick,

We are delighted that our facilities and services met your expectation. We apologize for the line at reception and will definitely work on reviewing our processes and training to improve on our processing time.

Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked a room really last minute on 2 Aug, in hope of getting a short staycation locally and also a little comfort to complete some work in a peaceful environment. The hotel did not disappoint me in terms of facilities and service - check-in was seamless, items and furnitures were relatively in good conditions. I was also upgraded to a better room, even more spacious than I expected.

However, the cleanliness of the room was questionable as there were big fat black ants crawling on the study table and in the bowls at the kitchenette. It was a big turn off for me as I was working on the study table with my laptop on it, having to keep watch of any ants just in case it crawl onto my laptop.

An even bigger turn off was that the hotel could not find my Samsung tablet that I left it in the hotel room!! I know it was my fault for not checking the room for any items left behind upon check-out and not realising and calling the hotel to check more than 10 hours after checking out. But I clearly remembered that the last I saw and hold my tablet was on the bed when I woke up as it was my alarm clock in the morning. I had reminded myself that I have to put it on the table or immediately keep it once I wake up but I failed to do that. And the result was I forgot to check the room one last time as I was rushing to clear out the room by 1pm (the grace time for checking out), and left my tablet on the bed in the room.

I was actually quite hopeful when I call up the hotel and had faith that it could have been found by the housekeeping because it was such a visible item and this is a hotel managed by a prestigious company. But to my utter disappointment, the hotel staff who said she will call me back once she checked with the relevant departments never did call me at all. I had to call up the hotel again the next morning, rehash the whole incident (even describe my tablet) and have another guy to check for me. This time, the staff followed up with a call promptly but the answer I got was that they found nothing in the room. They have checked and investigated the housekeeping, the security, CCTV but no one reported seeing items at all. They really couldn't help me in this case. What they offered was that can I make a police report and they could investigate. To be frank, it was a choice of time VS money. My choice was I would forgo the money because I really have no time to pursue any further. If it was for something very valuable than maybe I would have pursue.

All in all, just to share my experience and a word of caution to everyone, remember to always check your room before checking out and not leave any valuables behind because you may have zero chances of retrieving it back. I had to learn the hard way.

Room Tip: Can try for last minute deal
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear 2xshi,

We thank you for sharing about your stay at Capri by Fraser and we are disappointed that we had failed to meet your expectation.

We have counselled the housekeeping staff involved about his cleanliness standards and we will continue to monitor his performance. With regard to the lost tablet, we apologize for the lack of timeliness of our response. We will review our process to ensure that such an incident does not occur again. We are also very sorry that we were not able to find the tablet in our hotel. However, we have done a thorough investigation and did not find any evidence to suggest any foul play.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. Please contact me at vernon.lee@capribyfraser.com as I would be grateful for the opportunity to hear more from you.

Capri by Fraser Changi City

Been to Capri by Fraser Changi City? Share your experiences!