“Quite a find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capri by Fraser Changi City

Save Saved
You added Capri by Fraser Changi City to your Saves list
Capri by Fraser Changi City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Changi Business Park Central 1, Singapore 486037, Singapore   |
Special Offer
World Cup Package
Ranked #32 of 291 hotels in Singapore
Hong Kong, China
“Quite a find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had a very short (1 Night) trip to Singapore with a 6:30 am flight to catch the next morning. Given my early morning departure, I decided that I would rather stay near to Changi.

I booked via their website and note that there are very substantial discounts available if you book more than 7 days in advance. Its an Aparthotel, which means that each room (more like a semi suite, the rooms are very large) has a kitchenette with simple cooking facilities, certainly enough for a family breakfast. As I said the rooms is very large with a sitting area Including a decent sized sofa and a long bench which make an excellent working area if you wish to do work. Its a new building and is decorated in a very modern and funky style.

Compared to conventional hotels, the F&B offerings are limited, but this property is located in a business park and so you are not going here to views or to get local flavor. The property adjoins a shopping centre which has a food court and various other F&B outlets. The shopping centre is across the road from the Expo MRT Station, so to walk from the MRT station to the hotel is about 5 minutes and can be done through the air-conditioned shopping centre, PROVIDED that you know that the Shopping Centre's signage for the Hotel is wrong!!!

The signs are very clear and frequent (marked to "Hotel"). They would indeed bring you to the Hotel except that there is not entrance into the hotel through the wall in the Electrical retail shop that you are in. It appears that the signage was designed before the shopping centre layout was finalized and you find yourself in the middle of three large electrical shops. You go back 10 yards and look again at the sign which says hotel and it definitely tells you to go into the electrical shops. Fortunately you can go back to the hotel sign before that, and ignoring its direction go through the mall exit door in front of you, bear left and you will see the entrance to the Capri.

Taxi's are not familiar with the hotel entrance and at least one taxi driver, who uses google maps on his android device for navigation, showed me that entering "3 Changi Business Park Central 1", the Address on the Capri card, gives you a location a couple of hundred yards away at the IBM building. He was adamant that the Hotel has given itself the wrong address and that Google Maps is not wrong. I do not know who is right or wrong, but I do know that a lot of Singapore Taxi drivers use Google Maps and every taxi that I took had major problems with finding the hotel. I checked with Google maps on my own computer in the hotel and saw a definite problem with where Google Maps said 3 Changi Business Park Central 1 was and where Google Maps said I actually was.

The property itself was excellent in terms of services and facilities, the staff helpful and the price very competitive. If you do not need to stay downtown and want space this is very good and I would happily stay again. Just sort out how to find the place!!!!
Plugs are that international style so you should not need adapters, provided that your appliances are multi-voltage (Americans take note, even if your plug fits the socket its still 220/240 volts going into your hair curlers)

Room Tip: I was in 1117 which was fine. I do not think you stay in this hotel for great vistas out of your win...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your gracious review of Capri by Fraser!

Indeed, it was a pleasure to hear about your stay and the areas that we can improved. We have arranged for the hotel signage within the shopping mall to be enhanced and it should be completed by mid-December 2012.

In December as well, we will be conducting a 'Taxi Drive Through Awareness' for the taxi companies. This is to ensure taxi drivers are familiar with the hotel route and it's surrounding areas.

Your feedback is once again appreciated.

Warm regards

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was pretty happy with the value at this place. Its very modern and the front desk staff are well trained some of them and handle issues well. I stayed here for almost two weeks so things are bound to pop up. Sometimes at night the service phone just rings out. I had issues with allergies in the room also. Its a nice gym and pool. If ur doing business in the area its ideal.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Mush,

Greetings from Capri by Fraser!

We are glad, overall you have had a wonderful stay with us.

My sincere apologies for the interrupted sleep during your stay with the sudden ringing of the phones. We have discovered it was a system glitch and with your feedback, we have checked all our rooms to prevent such occurence.

Many thanks once again for your feedback.

Warm regards
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights on my recent business trip. The room is quite nice and comfortable. The bathroom is spacious and have all the amenities necessary. The provided speaker at the bedside that can charge my iPhone and play music is a nice addition. There's also a Wi-fi and wired internet access free of charge for the guest.

I did not have any chance to try out the in-room microwave oven, electric range and a sink and the other facilities like swimming pool and fitness center.

All of the staffs are very friendly and helpful. Especially Andy, the bell boy, who kept looking for and reminding me if I was on the shuttle bus to the airport. The lady at the refreshment counter also brought me a glass of water while I waited for the shuttle bus.

However, the included breakfast, though not bad, could have more selection and the waiters/waitresses need a bit more training to improve their quality of service.

Dear Pooh,

Thank you for staying with us.

It is indeed heartwarming to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and most particularly your compliments to Andy. Your compliments have been conveyed to him with gratitude.

Our breakfast menu definitely will be reviewed and more quality dishes will be roll out. We have contracted training schedules for our servers to further improve on our services as well.

Once again, thank you for your gracious feedback.

Many thanks and warm regards
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here as located close to my offices in Changi business park. The hotel is new, offers great rooms with all the amenities, enjoys great facilities (pool, gym) and friendly staff. Just across is a shopping mall with many restaurants and shops that is not busy during evenings. I also ordered room service one night and was greatly surprised with the quality of food to the extent that I called and let them know. The hotel offers a "free" happy hour from 6-7pm for guests, what more can you ask. I will definitely be back there during my work stays in Changi.

Room Tip: Because there are some road works on the pool side its best to have a room facing the hotel entrance...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Gullivertravels75,

Thank you very much for your compliments. It gives us immense pleasure to learn from your feedback that your visit to our property was pleasant and comfortable, and we were able to exceed/match your expectations. We take great pride in ensuring the quality of our food are of the highest standards and we are delighted that you were pleased with it.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Capri by Fraser, Changi City soon.

Yours sincerely,
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was close to the airport and provided an airport shuttle. A friend of mine also planned to stay there and we were to meet at the hotel. As it turned out, we met each other outside Terminal 1 waiting for the hotel shuttle. My friend said he had been there about 90 minutes and had already called the hotel once. The shuttle finally arrived after my friend had waited about 2 hours. If we had known that the shuttle wasn't very reliable we could have taken a taxi. At Reception I asked about the shuttle back to the airport the next morning and was told it started at 0600. My flight was leaving at 0530 so I ended up taking a taxi. The taxi is inexpensive so I would recommend taking one to the hotel instead of waiting for the hotel shuttle.

The hotel lobby is beautiful, very modern. The Reception staff was efficient very informative. Good job! Free internet is available in the Lobby area. My room was very nice, very modern. There was a small kitchen area, very convenient. The bathroom was large and had a gigantic shower, no tub. I enjoyed the room for the short time I was in it.

My friend and I met down in the bar for drinks. The atmosphere was kind of plain as was the decor in the restaurant. The dining area looked like a lunch room in a school, no atmosphere. After drinks and snacks we went out and sat by the pool. Nice pool deck and great views of the planes landing at the airport. Next to the pool was the gym.

We decided to have dinner in the hotel restaurant, it was OK. After dinner we walked outside only to find a huge shopping mall, Changi City Point, next to the hotel. We didn't notice the mall when we arrived at the hotel, maybe we were just so glad to finally be there. The mall had a few food courts as well as stand alone restaurants and bars. Wow! Wish we had found out about the mall before we ate at the hotel. There is also a MRT Station by the mall.

This would be a great hotel if you were attending an event at the Singapore Expo center, but, if you wanted to be close to the attractions in Singapore, a hotel in town may be better as taxis are inexpensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Mr John C

We thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at our hotel.

We are happy that you have generally enjoyed your stay with us. In response to your experience with the airport shuttle bus, we agree that there is definitely room for improvement and will work on this closely with our shuttle bus provider.

We wish you a very Merry Xmas in advance and hope to have you stay with us again in the near future!

Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was convenient for an early morning departure from Changi. I was really impressed. It was ideal for the airport -- a free shuttle service or only one stop on the underground train (the station is only a few minutes walk from the hotel). It's in a bright, modern area, with restaurants and good shops/food court close to hand. The underground station means that the rest of Singapore can be reached quite quickly. And the hotel itself: forget boring airport hotels! This place is brand new, bright, quirky and fun. The decoration and facilities -- in the lobby, the rooms, the corridors, even the guest laundries -- were great. My studio room was large, cleverly designed and comfortable. I appreciated the Mac computers in the lobby and the fast wifi. I didn't make use of the hotel's restaurant -- I had a good meal at low cost in the nearby shopping centre's excellent food court -- but I sampled the cake selection from the lobby kiosk and was impressed by the quality, the price, and the friendly service. Reception staff were also exceptional: welcoming and super-enthusiastic. I would be pleased to return to this hotel for a longer stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear CanberraSteve38,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. At Capri by Fraser, we strive to maintain service standards that exceed our guests' expectations.

We have been truly motivated by your comments, and it has been shared with the team.
Such positive feedback validates our hard work and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction. We are also delighted that you liked the design of the hotel and as well as our amenities.

Once again, we thank you for your valued feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Capri by Fraser, Changi City Singapore soon.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

A surprisingly high quality studio hotel close to Changi. Undersells itself on website. While it has free airport shuttle hourly the taxi is SG$12 approximately. It is only one stop on the train which costs $2. They don't advertise this as I think they want guests to eat inhouse. The only disappointment is high cost of dining at hotel. But the shopping complex next door provides 2 food courts and over a dozen bars and restaurants. By next door, I mean 50 metres away! To get to the hotel from the station (Expo), head to the shopping centre which you cannot miss, walk past a couple of food outlets at the entrance and follow the signs to the hotel which is probably 200 metres from the station. Will stay again for stopover or short stays.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear dt08,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your stay with us and also for the high ratings that you have given to us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you were impressed with the quality of our hotel and facilities.

We are proud and honored to have been your choice of accommodation during your time in Singapore and we look forward to welcoming you back to Capri by Fraser, Changi City Singapore soon.

Raymond Howe

Been to Capri by Fraser Changi City? Share your experiences!