“My Wonderful Experience at Capri” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capri by Fraser Changi City

Save Saved
You added Capri by Fraser Changi City to your Saves list
Capri by Fraser Changi City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Changi Business Park Central 1, Singapore 486037, Singapore   |
Offers & Announcements
Exclusive Stay Package
Ranked #34 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“My Wonderful Experience at Capri”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Spent 6 days for business and leisure at Capri. Company made the reservations on my behalf. The hotel is only one train station away from the airport but because I arrived way past mid-night, I took a taxi instead. The ride took less than 15 mins but I think the taxi driver had a hard time locating the hotel because that it's new.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a well mannered doorman and escorted to the reception counter. My first impression of the lobby was WOW!! The island concept reception counters, the Apple computers and especially the iPad check-in service. The staff servicing me was a bit unsure at first of the check-in procedure but was coached by the manager. Both had pleasantries and I enjoyed my conversation with the manager.

My Premier room was spacious with a tinge of orange to brighten up the space. Surprise! Surprise! It came with a built in kitchenette with full cooking facilities and utensils and also a walk-in wardrobe. The shower room was also spacious and the bathroom amenities are top range products. Seems that this hotel is full of tech gadgets. From the auto partition that separates my bed and the TV room to the state of the art sound system and TV. One disappointment is I had a view of a construction in progress. I found out later it is another train station.

I woke up fresh despite arriving late all thanks to the very comfortable mattress and pillows the hotel have. I could hear a bit of construction noise but it was minimal. However, I did not like the view and requested for a room change. It was a seamless change and I had a new room facing the mall.

Breakfast was not included in my reservations. I made enquires about the breakfast cost and it was Singapore dollars $28++. Thought I give it a try since I was informed the mall shops and eateries opens 7ish morning and I had to be at work at 7.30am. The buffet spread was small but they had good quality cereals, 6 different types though only one milk (whole) choice. There were also sausages, bacon (a bit burnt), good assortment of breads and rolls, baked beans, yogurt and scrambled eggs which I love but no other options for eggs available. Disappointment is the spread of cheese available. The coffee is good. I was later informed the Deli sells takeaway.

I requested a cab but it took a while to get one. While waiting, I chatted with the staff and was enquiring about jogging routes and what to do in Singapore. I was shown to the interactive wall which I think is awesome though some information was not completed.

Back from work, I explored the hotel. The art pieces around the hotel is impressive but getting info of the artists was quite difficult as the staff do not know. The Deli seems unfurnished. There were only 3-4 tables in a large space. I ordered a sandwich and salad and a sport drinks. I expected it to be self service but was served instead. Not bad actually for a light dinner. I realize music was missing. Would be good to have with my dinner. The swim pool is inviting but with the construction... Being a fitness fanatic, the gym is awesome and opens 24 hours. I noticed their were bicycles for loan to guests at the lobby as well. Not cheap bicycles as they were TREK brand. Another service provided by the hotel to help one keep fit.

The mall next door was godsend. It is full of cafes and restaurants but the only set back is it closes at 10pm.

Weekend was R&R for me. I wanted to explore Singapore and decided to rent a car through my company. I requested for complimentary parking and was given a complimentary ticket but with a catch. I was surprised to hear that it was one entry and one exit only. Any subsequent or multiple entires requires payment as the mall owns the car park. This is strange as I know most hotels have their own parking. This hotel does not own any parking lots. I was later informed that the complimentary ticket that was given to me cost the hotel $20 per ticket. The Duty Manager was kind enough to give me 2 tickets as I was having the car for 2 days. Good enough for me but the hotel should seriously look into having their own parking.

The places that the staff recommends over the weekend was fantastic. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Singapore is truly a beautiful city.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay at Capri. The hotel is new and it is a hip hotel of sorts. The staff was wonderful and patient but needs more training on the product though. The food served especially the local food is flavourful and reasonably priced (prices are comparable to the mall). The lobby and cafe needs more furnishing. Open the bar till late and need service staff at the pool when it opens at 7am. The room is awesome! Capri have it's flaws like any new hotel but give this hotel time and I'm sure it will blossoms to be one damn hip hotel.

I will definitely stay here again and recommend to friends who plan to visit Singapore.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the construction.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear happycamper5442,

We thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us. As we recently open our doors in mid-August 2012, there are many areas to be fine tuned and with your gracious feedback we will definitely look into these areas for improvement.

Overall, we are glad that you have had a memorable stay with us and we thank you for your kind compliments on our staffs.

Warm regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

New hotel in Singapore. Have a concept of combining hotel and apartment. Room was nice and well decorated. Have kitchen and microwave in the room and a nespresso coffee machine.
Have a washing machine in every floor and xbox to play in the service area.
Pool and gym was nice. Have a bouncy chair near the pool.
My kids love the xbox and bouncy chair. Free wifi everywhere in the hotel and it was fast!
Hotel is across Expo MRT Station and connected to a mall. Easy to find food.
Check-in and out went smoothly.
Will come back

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MarianAng, Director of Sales at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear JnJTraveller

We are so happy to hear that you and your family had enjoyed your stay with us, as well as the facilties we have within our hotel residence.

We look forward to having you back with us very soon!

CAPRI-liciously yours,
Marian Ang
Director of Sales

Been to Capri by Fraser Changi City? Share your experiences!