Overall Somerset Orchard Service Apartments on Orchard Road, Singapore turned out to be a less than positive option us me and my family staying in Singapore for a couple of weeks during August 2012. The accommodation rooms required updating eg, the electric switches were placed bent, the plaster work was poor, the air condition units were broken made a lot of noise. The bathroom, the tiling was in poor shape, the sealant around the baths was coming away, shower curtains were off colour and smelled of damp, files roamed around the bath tub and sink. Hotwater finished too quickly there was never enough. The Residence lounge was way too small and the breakfast selection there was not good quality. Kitchen - the cold water was not connected to the sink tap. And there was no drinking water available. There was unsufficient cutlery and cups. When turning the stove on the electricity in the apartment would cut off. The gym was absolutely and utterly inappropriate. The equipment was old and the free weights were too light. There was no bench to use. The pool was deep (good) but on the small side. The bedroom curtains didn't close properly. The strobe lighting was old school and distracting. Loud music every night kept me up - there was a nightclub or something that continued to play music that came into the apartment, and I was on the 10th floor! The fact that we had poor choice of TV channels was terrible given the amount we paid. The childerns play area upstairs – this is in poor state of repair and probably a health hazard. My children refused to go close to it. Finally, the price for 18 days was over $7200 and money was taken out immediately from my account thus locking me in. Plus they took an additional $250 SGD authorization for a deposit!! The only positive was the entrance porters, they were welcoming and polite always. The website is misleading. For a service apartment in 2012 on a popular stretch of Singapore, this place is not in keeping.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Orchard Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Somerset Orchard Singapore Hotel
- Somerset Orchard Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somerset Orchard Singapore offers spacious and comfortable apartments located just off Orchard Road. The Somerset MRT (Subway) is only a few minutes walk, giving you access to the Central Business District and many destinations in Singapore. The convenient location makes the residence ideal corporate and interim housing for the expatriate and family. Stroll at your leisure to the abundant and varied restaurants and shops in the main shopping district. Whether for business travel, holiday, project assignment or relocation, you can enjoy city living in the security and comfort of a private apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Somerset Orchard Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.