Immaculate, Comfortable Bed, and Superb Service”
- Shower/ Toilet: Very clean. The owner spends a lot of time cleaning the shower/toilet area using proper cleaning products. The water pressure was ok and the water was lukewarm all day, however the water did not get too hot.
- Bed: Immaculate. The owner washes and dries all the bed sheets and duvets after each guest checks out. It is all properly washed using a washing machine and tumble dryer. Everything was cleaned quite regularly. The bed and pillows were also very comfortable.
- Air Con: Excellent. The air-con is fantastic. There are several units in the common areas and the rooms, and they function properly. The remote control is also left in the rooms so you can adjust it as well.
- Internet: Excellent. It was a sigh of relief to have a good internet connection. I could stream videos without buffering and download torrents at high speed. Most people were streaming videos at night and it was still functioning well.
- Breakfast: Excellent. There is all day breakfast, help yourself whenever you like. Bread, jam, peanut butter, coffee, tea all day. It was nice waking up late and still being able to eat breakfast.
- Security: Very good. You need to use a keycard to get in to the building. Most people left their laptops, ipads, smartphones on their beds all day and nothing got stolen. There is a large locker for each person in the dorm.
- Staff: Excellent. The owner (Mike) is very friendly and loves his work. He can get you cheaper tickets for touristy stuff, and is always bubbly and cheerful, ready to help. I needed to check in late at 1am and there were sticky notes everywhere with instructions on where to go, what to do and which bed was mine. Awesome.
- Cleanliness: Excellent. Very clean. After travelling for so long, it was a relief to finally be somewhere clean. The building is regularly treated to kill bugs as well, which is probably why I never saw any.
- Location: Good. There are plenty of cheap places to eat (hawker restaurants) downstairs. It is a very quiet and chilled out area. Unfortunately it is a 20 minute walk to the nearest metro station (Outram Park) however you can take the bus from nearby which is cheaper.
- Noise: Nice and quiet. This was a very chilled out hostel, this is not a party hostel, it is tastefully more sedate.
- Size: Ok. This is quite a small hostel compared to others in SE Asia, but you need to remember that this is Singapore and you cannot expect large rooms anywhere unless you are rich.
- Price: I paid S$22 a night for an 6-Bed Dorm
Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Happy Snail Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Happy Snail Hostel Singapore