“Felt like a brothel, but a good 4hrs sleep!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1

and 1 more site!
You added Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1 to your Saves list
Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1
Departure Transit Lounge East, Level 3, Changi Int'l Airport Terminal 1, Singapore, Singapore   |
Ranked #81 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Queensland
“Felt like a brothel, but a good 4hrs sleep!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Rent by the hour and no windows...first impressions of this transit hotel were quite different from what was a surprisingly practical and comfortable sleep and shower. Quick check in and the lack of windows made sleeping a breeze without my usual sleeping mask and ear muffs.

A few tips though, if heading for a quick bite make sure you correctly follow the 24hr food signs to the proper food court, unlike my husband who brought back some excuse for Singapore noodles that gave him the squirts the whole way to Heathrow!

Also, grab yourself a trolley for the walk its a long way on swollen cankles!

Room Tip: Ask for a view...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Mendocino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I didn't expect much from an airport transit hotel but arriving into Singapore at 1am with a morning flight the next day I would have been happy with anything. The room was large, clean and comfortable. Nice bed. Kids loved watching the planes and BONUS we got to swim in the pool for free. It was easily a 3-4 star experience and I was expecting a backpacker flop house experience. You must book ahead and Terminal 1 has the pool so worth taking the sky train over to Terminal 1 if you care about swimming. BTW no airplane noise but the kids loved watching the planes from our room... added bonus!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This transit hotel makes a stop over in Singapore very easy. We booked in for 8 hours, slept very well, showered and headed into the terminal for a variety of breakfast (and shopping) options. We also spent a few hours by the very nice pool, which is outdoors and has a bar and showers/change room, with lockers. All this without the hassle of going through immigration or luggage retrieval/ check-in. You can check-in for your connecting flight at the Transit desk near the hotel and they will arrange for your bags to be transferred to your next flight, no problem. Too easy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
North Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Best concept having transit hotels in airport terminals. Meant I didn't have to stress and was able to have extra sleep in time before walking out to catch my flight.

The room was the same hotel standard as NZ, what I'd expect for a 3 or 4 star. Very clean and modern, my room had no window but that made no difference. The bed was large, clean, full presentable and I slept well and organised for a wake up call to get my flight 7 hours later. Toothbrush and toothpaste on request if your toiletries are always on their way to your final destination, which is what happened to me. Paid about 93 dollars Singapore dollars for the overnight stay.

Warm and helpful reception service which makes a difference when you're very tired, in between time zones and in a foreign country. Way more professional reception service than I received at the transit lounge a few hours earlier that night on the 23rd July. At the transit lounge at terminal 3, I received poor customer service when I approached the counter to find out about services and see if I could have a shower earlier, before there were rooms available at the transit hotel.

Room Tip: I was fine with the room they gave me, room was a good size and bed was king.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Check in was efficient and simple. Our room was spotless and overlooked the runway, although we couldn't hear a thing. Everything we needed for a sleep and refreshing shower for the next leg of our trip was provided.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I spent 8.5 hours in this hotel and enjoyed good service and great sleep before embarking on the next part of my journey. They have gym facilities that I found helpful before I slept to wind down. I was well rested and ready for the next part of my journey after my rest and I found the rates reasonable given that Singapore can be so expensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

hotel was terribly noisy. i could hear lots of noise outside of the room. then when i finally did get to sleep the person next door woke me up with his tv on full. i'm suprised they even have tv's in the rooms if people are only in their rooms for 8 hours. woke up even more tired for my connecting flight

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1? Share your experiences!