“What more could you need?!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1

and 1 more site!
You added Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1 to your Saves list
Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1
Departure Transit Lounge East, Level 3, Changi Int'l Airport Terminal 1, Singapore, Singapore   |
Ranked #79 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Australia
“What more could you need?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last November with my Mum and Sister while in transit to Manila. We booked a triple room for 7 hours and it was clean, very well priced and perfect for what we needed.
We were originally contemplating on spending more money to stay at the Crowne Plaza, but once we arrived at the hotel, we were glad we didn't stay at the Crowne.
Check in was quick and easy with no fuss. I love the location. Easily accessible and close to the stores of you need to quickly grab something.
The room was of excellent size, keeping in mind there were three girls with three large suitcases, clothes and makeup scattered everywhere, and there was still heaps of room to walk around. We were impressed!
The bathroom was nice and clean with plenty of towels provided.
My sister had an assignment to complete while we were away, so she found the free wifi to be very convenient.
The hotel was nice and quiet so you were assured a good night's rest.
I would definitely stay here again if in transit in the future. There's really nothing else more that you need to be refreshed and ready for your next onward flight :)

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Singapore late in the evening and were due to fly out early the next morning. Check-in was quick and friendly, and we were able to go for a walk around the airport and grab a bite to eat (there are a number of food establishments and other shops around the airport). Free cinema right next door and a range of other hidden activities are available around the airport.

Room was simple, but clean and functional.

• Stayed March 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

check in and out so easy. You have free use of pool, gym and so central to duty free and transit links.
I booked the budget room so didnt no what to expect.. walked in wow. Small ofcourse but you are there for rest. Right next to the pool great after a long flight.
Share showers... well u pick a bathroom which is huge nice hot water shampoo soap everything need an a blow dryer.
Bar at pool is cheapest in airport too.
Lovely staff happy and smiling nothing was a problem
S$46 every well spent. Rested and ready for next flight

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I booked in for a 12 hour block in order to catch a flight the next morning (I had about 15 hours between my flights). I booked online about 2 weeks in advance.

Excellent location -- you can be in a comfortable bed within about 10 minutes of stepping off the plane.

No windows in my room, so easy to sleep past dawn, and I recommend getting a wake up call! Bring a clock with a light (or use your mobile phone) because there is no other way to find out the time when the room is completely dark.

A simple hotel room, but has everything I needed for a comfortable stay overnight -- bathroom with soap and shampoo, towel, TV. Nothing fancy. Efficient and polite reception service.

Note that you cannot collect your checked in baggage -- make sure your pyjamas and toothbrush are in your hand luggage! The next morning, I went through immigration, picked up my checked in luggage from the Lost Luggage counter, checked into my next flight, and went through immigration again.

I would definitely stay there again if I had a medium-length transit stopover in Singapore. For 15 hours' stopover this time, I definitely did not need to pay for the more expensive airport hotel, nor did I need to waste time travelling into the city for a cheaper hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

You wouldn't know it - the first thing that you notice, or don't, is just how quiet it is, not only from the outside with aircraft, but inside as well - no noisy corridors, people, chimes or elevators. A real haven of peace, where you can rest/sleep - exactly what you need. The best part is looking out your window and finding a 747 looking back at you!
The rooms are sufficient, clean and very comfortable, considering the rapid turnover, my room was fresh and tidy. Tea/coffee provided.
The other benefit is being able to use the swimming pool and being able to change back at your room. As if Changi isn't already supremely user friendly - more airports should have this kind of facility and it is reasonably priced.

Room Tip: A room facing "airside" will give you a view of the action on the tarmac if you want that...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is the best facility at the airport. You can get a room in 3 hours slots I think it was and its incredible convenient when flying long haul and have some time / a day until the next flight. Rooms are very clean, great showers, comfy beds and its very quiet. Its not expensive either. Pay to book ahead though - I was lucky getting a room without a booking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
North Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found the Transit Hotel while researching our trip to Singapore. We were entering Singapore at 2 AM after 30+ hours of flights and airports. We made a reservation for the Transit 1 hotel so we could be refreshed when entering Singapore.
So 15 minutes after our flight landed, we were in bed! We each had a change of clothing because we knew we couldn't get our suitcases until we were ready to leave the hotel.
I think maybe the bed was hard and the pillow was too, but that didn't matter! By 8:15 AM we were rested, clean and ready to start our trip in the daylight.
One problem I had was when I was filling our the form, was the area that asked for the flight number of our departing flight. Since we were leaving in 3 days on a cruise, I put all that information in the box and it worked. Singapore just wants to make sure you plan on leaving!

If you plan on staying in this hotel as a luxury, it's not a luxury hotel. But there is a gym and a pool. You can request windows-but we didn't care about those things! This saved us money because the alternative was to book our room for an extra day. We also took the hotel shuttle from the airport and felt that we had a mini tour of the city.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time to make sure a room will be available. They have your flight number and will hol...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1? Share your experiences!