“Hotel in Singapore” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
west Country
“Hotel in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2007

Outstanding Service By the Hotel. Room 100% clean , Food in Hotel was outsatnding good Prices. even more pleasing was China Town was only short walk 15mins. Little India was short Taxi Ride. infac we was so pleased we are rebooking for 2008 but staying longer on stop Back from NZ .

• Liked — Clean Tidy ,Hotel Service Staff Outstanding... food 100%
  • Disliked — all Excellent
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

My Husband and I stayed in the Miramar for 5 nights we must recommend it as a very good 3 star hotel, staff very helpful . Near river and near Clarke Quay walking distance to shops etc .The hotel itself was very clean ,rooms spotless breakfast was excellent also the evenings meals . Certainly a good hotel to stay at when in Singapore.

Stayed November 2007
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

Stayed here for a stopover for 36 hours. The staff really couldn't have been more helpful and we really felt that we had relaxed and been
able to rest between flights. We arrived at 8.30 am and were allowed to use a hospitality room to shower and change in. When we emerged from there intending to store our luggage for the day until our room was available, we were told that our room was all ready for us which was great. The breakfast wasn't up to much and was expensive but we were tired so we ate there anyway. The shuttle bus for Singapore Stopovers stops right outside the hotel which was great. It wasn't so easy to find the stops along Orchard Rd though and we ended up getting a taxi back to the hotel. The taxis were so cheap though that I used them a few times after that. It was better than waiting for a bus in the heat when we were tired. We checked out the following morning, having enjoyed the pool, and left our luggage stored for the day. We were told we could have a late check-out anyway of 2.30 but we wanted to go sight-seeing. When we arrived back at the hotel about 6.30 pm it was possible to prepare for the flight by using the hospitality room again. The hotel was extremely good value, booked with Singapore Airways as part of their stopover service. I really felt we had excellent value for money. I was travelling with my son and could have felt vulnerable in a strange city but I felt quite safe and would go there again.

Stayed September 2007
Heidelberg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

The room was large and comfortable, but I was not otherwise terribly impressed with this place. Poor location, officious staff and a restaurant that looked more like a military cafeteria than a hotel restaurant all contributed to a distinctly unmemorable hotel experience.

Suffice it to say, I won't be rushing back here.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2007

Recently stayed at The Hotel Miramar Singapore for 3 nights on our way home from Australia. This hotel was ok but would not recommend it ? My travel agent told me it was in the process of being upgraded and there was a new wing finished so obviously I asked for this in my booking. We did not get this wing and the hotel is a little on the shabby side.

The air conditioning machine ran all night it can't be switched off not neccessary all night as room was quite cool, if you don't request a room at the back of the hotel it is very noisey at the front no double glazing and very busy main road outside. On a positive side good value for a few nights, they did give us breakfast for three days free and a complimentary newspaper !

Singapore was amazing and the hotel is only some where to put your head for the night !

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — a bit shabby
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

==== Location
The hotel is located on Havelock rd. Actually it is a bad location as it far from many things and the most important: far from a MRT station.
It takes me 20 min walk to reach Chinatown station.
One will have to take the bus or the taxi instead.

==== Room
I was given room #1426. It is a basic room with twin beds.
The room is dark even during day time.
A/C does't work well: I had to set the A/C down to 15°C to get a convenient temperature!
Carpet is old and used.
And the room smells, I think its comes from the used carpet. Although I do not suffer from any allergy I had some trouble to breathe.

==== Staff
Staff is polite but I had only a few contact with them and only at the reception desk.

==== Bottomlines
From outside the hotel seems to be a good mid-range hotel.
But for me it is not. I would consider it as a budget hotel due to the poor quality of my room.
But for 74 EUR a night (SIA holliday stopover program) it is too expensive for a budget hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bad location - Room smells dirt
  • Stayed September 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

We were first booked into the Miramar by a travel agent in1995.
So far we have been back to Singapore seven times and have stayed in the Miramar every time. (We are going back in November this year) We would have to agree with some comments that it was getting rather dated and starting to smell a bit musty but since the upgrade it is like a new hotel in the main block where we prefer to stay (we like the view).
What other budget hotel provides dressing gowns slippers,toothbrushes as well as all the other usual items. As for the staff ,nothing is too much trouble and at the end of our stay we even had some of the staff members on their days off come out to the airport to see us off.
What more can I say.!!
Paul & Anne Kubler

Stayed October 2006

Been to Hotel Miramar? Share your experiences!