“Nice and comfortable for family!” 5 of 5 stars

Metropolitan YMCA Singapore
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   60 Stevens Road, Singapore 257854, Singapore   |
Ranked #59 of 184 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice and comfortable for family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

my parents visit me in Singapore and I booked this place for them, one week stay. now I have to say it was a wise choice! we have rent a unit including three bedrooms, four washrooms, one open kitchen and a living room. although the building looks old outside, but everything in the rooms is clean and quite new. and it is really convenient for a big family to stay together at a reasonable price. only drawback is that have to take buses to go to mrt stations, but it is convenient to orchard the shopping area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear ShiwenZ,
Thank you for taking time to writing a review of your stay at our Apartments.

I am glad to hear that your family enjoyed their stay with us in Singapore, and I hope that you managed to spend quality time with them. Our apartments are styled as home away from home, which has fitted perfectly well for their visit here.

The tranquillity of the neighbourhood, yet closeness to the glitzy Orchard Road, has been our pride. Indeed, 4 bus services plying to the shopping belt made it really simple to head down.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback. I look forward to welcoming you (or your family) to the Y again very soon.

Catherine Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I booked several rooms for my guests for a period of about a week. All of the guests have positive feedbacks with reference to the rooms, staff and location. The GM ensured that the guests were comfortable and happy.
We also booked the conference room to hold a talk and it was a breeze communicating with the staff. The ambiance of the room was good. I would recommend this place to those who want to stay outskirts of the city.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Madolia,

Thank you for penning a positive review on your experience of working with us!

I am deeply honored to have the chance to work with you, to bring about a comfortable and cosy stay for your guests. I am glad to hear that they have all enjoyed their stay, and was all happy.

Look forward to be of service once again in the near future!

Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We are from AESC (Aerospace Engineering Services JSC), Vietnam. We stayed in Metropolitan YMCA from 9th to 15th Feb to attend the Airshow. It was a busy schedule and when we returned to YMCA, we found this quite comfortable. We took some time to swim in the clean, tranquil pool. The staff there are very helpful and quick responsive. In my last day in Singapore, I went shopping and bought a dress for my daughter. Unfortunately I left it somewhere and only realized it when getting to Hanoi and found nowhere my unlucky gift. I sent an email to Ms Jessie Ong of YMCA asking for help. She and her staff looked for it but not found. Then I got a very kind email from Jessie saying that she could help me to buy a similar one and post it for me. I did aske her to do so and finally the new dress arrived to Hanoi. My sincere thanks to her and the whole staff of Metropolitan YMCA. Wish you all the best. I will return to your hotel. Rgds. Mr. Nguyen Thao

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Nguyen Thao,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Y.

I am very pleased to here that after your busy schedule at the Airshow, returning to the Y at the end of your day was blissful and comfortable. Set amidst lush greenery, The Y truly has that calming effect on busy minds.

I am thrilled to learn that Jessie went out of her way to get the dress purchased and mailed to your daughter, she is a gem to our organisation indeed! Our guests are our friends, and this is what we will do for our friends :)

Thank you once again, and we hope to see you back at the Y very soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

awful stay with very thin staff. service is paltry and the rooms are very small and dirty. The hotel is full of noisy tourists from China and is right next to very busy roads. Definitely did not make for restful stay. Avoid this place if you can. highly not recommended

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Pacukpaku,
Thank you for your review of stay at The Metropolitan Y.

Allow me to apologise that you did not have a restful stay. We do pride ourselves for being well equipped yet value for money, our standard rooms spaced at a minimum of 18sqm. Despite these, we have failed to meet your expectations and I ask of your kind indulgence on this occasion.

Your comments have been shared with the team, steps will be taken to work on our shortcomings. I hope that the next time you stay with us, we will fare better.

Thank you once again for your feedback and comments, it is with these that we strive to continuously to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. I look forward to assist you personally on your future bookings.

Yours sincerely,
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

METRO-Y Apartments is very good value for money, great location, family friendly, and super-friendly staff. 15 minutes walk from Orchard Road, Singapore's main street. Highly recommended to all who are planning to stay in the city for a few weeks or months. The appartments will be renovated between Feb and June 2014. Looking forward to return to METRO-Y in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear stigst1975,
Thank you for taking the time to pen a review of your stay at our apartments.

I am pleased to hear of your positive stay. Value for money, great location, family friendly, and super-friendly staff are factors for our success as an alternative to conventional hotels!

Do you know we are also only 10mins away from Singapore Botanical gardens, which is currently nominated to be Singapore's first UNESCO world heritage site? We are excited about the recognition and honour once inscribed!

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I hope to welcome you back to The Y very soon!

Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is more upmarket than you would expect and in a very good expensive area. Only downside is the humidity in Singapore makes it hard to walk to Orchard Road but taxis are cheap. There is also a bus stop round the corner and buses are cheap. The YMCA run a free shuttle bus to Orchard Road up until mid day, then you are on your own. The Metro/Underground is very cheap but only goes as far as Orchard Road, then you would need a 20 min walk to get back or a bus/taxi. The accommodation is clean, good bed, large TV, lift, free breakfast (breakfast is adequate but not western - i.e. chicken porridge). The reception staff are helpful and all speak English. Clean towels provided every day and toiletries, Good shower and modern bedroom. Expensive at £100 a night though for Singapore this is apparently cheap!

Room Tip: Air conditioned rooms, quiet even although on busy road nearby. Lifts to all floors and well kept a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear AberdeenScotty,

Thank you for taking time to pen a review of your stay with us.

Unlike the YMCAs in UK which functions as housing schemes, The Metropolitan Y in Singapore is styled and functioned like a full fledged hotel room. We pride ourselves to be situated at an area close to town, yet in a serene and tranquil environment. This has been our edge, and I am glad to know you love it too.

Singapore's public transport system is cheap and comprehensive, and the bus stop right outside our building is well used by our guests, just like yourself, when they explore the rest of this tropical island.

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed yourself and we have been an affordable and comfortable choice of accommodation. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Metropolitan Y, during your next visit to Singapore!

Best Regards,
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I lived in Singapore for 11+ years and return often.

The Metro Y is my favourite place to stay. It gives good value for money, is in a brilliant location (handy to the main drag and also to places like the Botanical gardens) and the facilities are adequate to my needs. The staff are accommodating and helpful.

Be warned though. The Y is presently under renovation. That means no swimming pool (apart from the tiny pool over at the apartments) and bothersome noises from contractors, drilling etc.

Something else to watch: the cheaper rooms have no window (that suits me fine) but others may find it off-putting.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear davidaburke51,

Thank you for penning a review of your recent stay.

I would like to thank you for your kind support all along, and I am greatly encouraged that you named us your favourite place to stay. Your gracious comments will be shared with the team.

The swimming pool is currently closed for inspection and preparation for a total rejuvenation. Our guests can look forward to a brand new aquatic experience by 2nd quarter 2014. We thank all of you for your kind patience and understanding.

I am also pleased to inform that the refurbishment work on the corridors (3rd and 4th guestroom floors) have been completed. I am truly sorry for the disturbances that you might have encountered.

Thank you once again, for your support. And I look forward to welcoming you back to The Y very soon!

Regards
Catherine Lee

Been to Metropolitan YMCA Singapore? Share your experiences!