Having stayed at the Conrad Singapore a couple times, I decided to try the Hilton Sinagpore, which is located conveniently on Orchard Road. This is certainly a solid Hilton hotel with regard to the overall hardware and software, but I'll be at the same time comparing to this stay to my experiences at Conrad Singapore as well.
I stayed a standard deluxe room (with executive lounge access) for the first night and paid an upgrade to the King suite (executive suite) for the second night. The standard room is just--standard. Nothing special to write home about, with all the standard flat screen TV, good wireless itnernet, and a very comfy bed. Staff was generally helpful as I arrrived past midnight and checkin process was smooth. Conrad, on the other hand, had bigger rooms, more TV channels for selection, a bathroom which is superior to that of Hilton (better amentities and decoration). The bed at Conrad is even better (albeit the beds being very "high")
The King suite that I stayed in the second night was a pleasant surprise-- a lot better than I had anticipated. A very spacious living room and a slightly better bedroom. There is a separate shower and a bathtub which is a welcoming change. Should you stay at the Hilton the suite is a good choice for bigger groups (I was travelling solo). Conrad suites, on the other hand, are nice but the use of space was not very clever as there were a lot of "empty" spaces that could be utilised better--but besides this Conrad suites win hands down.
I have read about the executive loung at the Hilton being very full nearing 6pm--and this is certainly true. I was at the lounge at around half 5 in the evening and it was rather empty, but as 6 approaches suddenly dozens of people appear in the lounge and seats and sofas get occupied very quickly--definitely need to go up earlier should you wish to secure seats with a table as well. Lounge staffs were very nice and helpful. Food selection was, however, slightly limited. The Conrad lounge is certainly a lot better once again, as the food selection is a lot better than the lounge at Hilton, and the alcoholic drink selection is better at the Cornad as well.
So what does this mean? I guess the bottom line is that if you wish to spend more time using the hotel facilities and the room itself, definitely go for Conrad. The location of the Hilton is really the only reason why I chose it this time round--but Singapore is a small place so Conrad isn't too far off though. This Hilton is a solid hotel, but just that the Conrad , at least to me, is miles better and sometimes you can get a cheaper rate at the Conrad than Hilton.
All in all a solid Hilton hotel but would suggest Conrad for a better overall experience in Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Orchard Road, Singapore's popular entertainment and shopping district, the Hilton Singapore hotel is close to both ION Orchard and Takashimaya shopping centers. This award-winning Singapore hotel is a convenient 20-minute drive from Singapore Changi International Airport and close to Singapore's popular attractions. Dine at il Cielo Italian Restaurant and Bar to savor authentic Italian cuisine prepared with natural and organic produce, as you enjoy panoramic views of the city skyline. Revitalize with an organic juice and healthy lunch from the Glow Juice Bar and Cafe. Enjoy shopping in the two-storey luxury boutiques without having to leave the hotel in the Shopping Gallery. Stay active during your stay at this Singapore hotel. Swim laps in the rooftop pool, work out in the fully equipped fitness center or indulge in rejuvenating beauty treatments. Make business easy at the Hilton Singapore hotel. Stay connected with colleagues and catch up with work in the business center equipped with contemporary business amenities and secretarial services. Hold business meetings or conferences in our versatile meeting rooms accommodating 18-550 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Hilton International Singapore
- Singapore Hilton International