“Old one” 2 of 5 stars

25% Off Singapore hotels
Ranked #52 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
“Old one”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Despite my loyalty to Hilton brand, I find that Hilton Singapore seriously need an upgrade for its bathroom. It is way too small and old. Made it worse, the fridge didn't work well. I guess it was just a bad luck. Still good value for money though. Also, I actually never been disappointed by Hilton in other cities.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear sukjoob,

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your recent Hilton Singapore experience. Whilst I am glad that you found the hotel to be good value for money, it is unfortunate that there were aspects of the hotel that affected your stay.

We wish to assure you that your loyalty as a regular Hilton guest is truly valued and we appreciate your feedback. You will be glad to know that throughout the year, we are carrying out upgrading works to various premises within the hotel to enhance our guests' experiences with us. We sincerely hope to welcome you back so that we may deliver a more refreshed stay to you in the future.

Peter Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was my first time staying the Hilton Singapore (although I've previously stayed at the Conrad Singapore).

Have to say this Hilton is my preference. The hotel staff, all around, were lovely. Even the cleaning staff added to our guest experience with their greetings as we arrived & left the hotel each day.

The rooms were excellent: great views, finishes, and a very high level of cleanliness & presentation.

What stood out the most however was the recently refurbished executive lounge. In a word, it was exquisite! I've been a loyal HHonors member for many years and in my travels have never seen such an elegant, beautifully appointed lounge! To draw a comparison, it reminded me of the kind of light, finish & service that one receives in the Qantas First Class Lounge in Sydney.

Elaine (lounge staff) totally made my stay whilst helping me welcome a guest into the Hotel. The food & beverages were the best I've yet to have in a Hilton exec lounge.

Well done to the Hilton Singapore team. I can't wait to come back!
Nick

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nick G,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Singapore. We are delighted that you had a memorable experience with us.

It is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed our recently refurbished rooms and executive lounge which brought back with great memories. I am heartened to know that my team's outstanding service highlighted your stay experience. Please be assured that the team and Elaine have received your kind compliments.

You will be happy to know that the hotel will be undergoing a facelift within various premises to deliver better experiences to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip back to Singapore.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is at the centre of orchard road. 10 mins walk to mrt and shopping is all over. Food is average in price so must look around for cheaper food. Entertainment is everywhere and if you need to go around, just ask and everyone will be much happy to help.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Toh W,

I am glad to know that you had a pleasant experience during your recent trip to Singapore. Thank you for your kind feedback on our prime location at the heart of Orchard Road, the centre of dining and entertainment district. Please do stay with us a little longer on your next return to Singapore, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

It was really nice to stay with you and rooms are very nice and staff also helpful..Hope to stay at same place for my next trip,Location is very good, especially for those on a shopping expedition,excellent option in Singapore

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Geshan D,

Thank you for your kind recommendation of Hilton Singapore, it is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their stay with us. I am heartened to know that you enjoyed our prime location in the heart of Orchard Road and that you were well-taken care of by my team members. Do stay with us on your next trip to Singapore, we look forward to being of service to you again.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Excellent hotel - central location - right beside shops etc., staff are very friendly and professional, hotel is clean (as expected).

Singapore taxis drivers are friendly and taxis are cheap - the drivers rounded the fares DOWN and did not take a tip - NY taxi drivers please note!

Only positive feelings about this place!.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear OneofmanyMikes,

It gives us great pleasure to receive your positive feedback on Hilton Singapore, we are delighted that you were comfortable and felt well-taken care of during your stay. Thank you for your generous review and we look forward to delivering more great stay experiences to you in the future.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have stayed at the Hilton Singapore many times over the last 7 years at least, and once again over this weekend.
As my London Office made the booking, there is always a level of hesitation as they do have a tendency, of getting things wrong, not sure why. In any case I arrive at the Hotel, and they only had me in a Deluxe Room. I asked to be upgraded to the Exec Level Rooms and hat was no problem, Rm 1910. It cost another S$133++ /night. I was there for 3 nights. I said rather han put the "Deposit" which they say never is deducted just placed on hold, on my card (As the last time it took 3 weeks for it to be "Released", I'd pay a cash deposit. The young lady said t will be $S800, and I told her that was insane. All my costs and incidentals were met by the company, there's no need for such a high deposit. In any case I paid S$ 400.
They have upgraded the Executive Lounge which is very impressive, but the Canapes have a lot to be desired. They were once known to have he best assorted range of canapés both hot & cold, but now, its very basic.
Also there is no morning Newspaper delivered to your room. I also believed that the Breakfast down stairs offered a far better selection than the lounge, so I normally go there. Now it was sad to see that it as slipped there as well! They used to have a fabulous range of Hotel and Cold, Leg Ham etc, but now its more in Line to a 4 star hotel. The Staff are not as attentive as they once were.

I do want to point out though that the Concierge, and the porters, and the men who greet you when you arrive are still the same gents who have always been there and are absolutely brilliant! They also remember you when you return, and are an asset to the Hotel.

I genuinely hope it focuses on the small things, as that's what counts and it was for this reaon it used to be the best in SQ

Room Tip: Always go for the ExecLevel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear John B,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insights from your recent stay with us. Your continued patronage of Hilton Singapore is much appreciated and your feedback helps us to focus on what is important to all our guests. As you rightly mention, the small things do count.

Whilst I am very pleased to read that the Concierge team has consistently made you feel welcome on your visits, I am concerned by some aspects of the hotel that disappointed you during your stay. I wish to assure you that we understand the importance of food as a key factor in our guests' stay experience. Through our regular food menu reviews and quality checks, I am confident of our food and beverage offerings meeting the standards expected of a Hilton hotel.

With regard to credit card authorisation, please allow me to clarify that the same credit card should be used on check-out so that any outstanding amount from the original authorisation (if the final billing amount was less) can be released immediately. If a different credit card is used, the authorisation amount is usually held for up to three weeks, depending on the bank or credit card company. If a guest opted to pay a cash deposit, the amount is inclusive of room and incidental charges.

On our end, I have discussed your feedback regarding the incidentals amount that was requested and we will address this in our process review. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and please be assured that we always look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home. We continue to be at your service.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

By Singapore standards, the Hilton is an older, established hotel - and in my view none the worse for it. Built, I suspect in the late '70's/80's it has retained its spacious and comfortable atmosphere with some period charm. Location is very good, especially for those on a shopping expedition - some of Singapore's very best shopping centres are within a block or two. Rooms are comfortable and pleasingly furnished. Refurbished in the last few years, the rooms feature a generous working area/desk, good lighting and very comfortable beds. Bathrooms are typical of the era, smaller than current day trends but well finished in marble and everything you need. The executive lounge has just been enlarged and updated - very good job too. Staff are very attentive.

I wonder how much longer the atmosphere will last though - while waiting in the Checkers bar for a colleague for lunch I observed several of the hotel's managers with a English speaking chap who was probably from head office or a consultant. At the very moment I was looking at a nice display of Lalique figures in a glass case at the entrance to the bar, the consultant points to the same display and says to the managers in an instructive tone "you should use this space for a Budweiser promotion". Oh dear......

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ashley G,

Thank you for your warm feedback on our newly refurbished guest rooms and Executive Lounge, we are glad that you were comfortable during your recent stay with us. We also appreciate your kind mention of the team's service, which contributed towards your positive Hilton Singapore experience.

You will be happy to know that throughout this year, we are carrying out upgrading works on various premises within the hotel to deliver better experiences to our guests. Amidst these upgrading plans, please be assured that retaining Hilton Singapore's time-honoured charm remains as one of our priorities.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to deliver more refreshing experiences to you in the future.

Peter Webster

Been to Hilton Singapore? Share your experiences!