“Quite good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
London, Uk
“Quite good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This property is in a good location. The service was, generally, very good. Breakfast was fantastic, the gym is good, the rooftop pool looks great. I can't recall any major service issues. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear alexsw1,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Singapore, thank you for your positive feedback on our facilities, breakfast and service. We look forward to delighting you again with our hospitality when you next return to Singapore.

Peter Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Normally I find Hilton hotels no more impressive than any other - but the Singapore Hlton provided a relaxed and luxurious stay - I'd happily return to this one. The decor and amenties were of a high standard and the Staff were professional, respectful and friendly. The Orchard Rd location was perfect for a Singapore stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

located just off the busy side orchard road.
great for shopper/business/family stay.
room was clean and sound proof was very good.
staffs were great.
didnt enjoy the breakfast though, i was expecting to have local singaporean food like nasi lemak, laksa or bak kut teh?

would go back there again though for the location.

Dear faa05,

Thank you for sharing your insights from your recent stay at Hilton Singapore, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests.

Whilst I am pleased that you found our guest room comfortable and felt well-looked after by my team, I am sorry that you were disappointed with our breakfast variety. Our buffet spread does feature an Asian selection, including some local delights, but this is usually on a rotation basis. However, we welcome your suggestion of some of the popular local dishes and will take these into account when we conduct our regular menu reviews and planning.

We are delighted that you would return for another stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have to start by saying this was a one night stay (points plus $) at the end of a business stay at the Four Seasons. There is no comparison, the FS wins all categories.
I checked in and was assigned a room on the 21st floor. The room was smallish, but the flat panel TV was nice. Bathroom was smallish, too. Wifi was decent.
In the course of the day exploring, I knew their exec lounge was closed, so I checked out the temp day lounge and found the fridge stocked with cokes. This was nice. But, in coming back from exploring to partake in the evening drink/food amenity hour, I found it poorly stocked. Almost all the food had been picked off and very little to offer - not what I expect of Hilton's International Exec lounges. The drink offerings were minimal, too. Seating was difficult, since the tables were designed for multiple people and as a single, I had trouble finding a seat (pairing up should be encouraged or the table arrangement should be changed).
Anyways, I did have a good night's sleep and the bed was comfy. In the morning, the buffet (free for diamonds) was very nice and extensive. I was also able to get a late (4pm) checkout time before leaving for the airport. So, I think once the exec lounge is back, this picks up a few points in my book.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear bk_t1,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Singapore, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests.

Your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member is of great value to us and we are glad that you were generally satisfied with our guest room, service and breakfast buffet spread. You will be pleased to know that our newly-renovated Executive Lounge is now open and we look forward to presenting a refreshed experience to you.

Do visit us again soon, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

It's been almost 4 years since I stayed at Hilton Singapore. I thought I was giving it another try, and a change from the usual Conrad there. I understood that the Executive Lounge was still being renovated, but I expected the 'compensation' room would be better than it was, in one of the meeting rooms tucked all the way to the end. I didn't expect it to be perfect, but what was provided was just not cutting it, definitely not enough for still the much higher price for getting the Executive package. Will probably check Trip Advisor for others' reviews after the renovation's completed, before going back to it again.
Although the bedroom was still pleasant and updated.
Looking at the public facilities (i.e. rest rooms by the lobby), definitely need further renovations, too.
Evening canapé was pretty good, and breakfast was also good.

Front Desk staff was friendly during check-in. But at check-out I got a staff who completely ignored me even though I was standing by the Priority check-in/check-out counter waiting for her to finish with another customer, and then she asked the person BEHIND me if he needed help. When I said "I'm sorry, but I've been standing here", she didn't apologize. Ouch!!
She did 'mend' it a bit, by waiving my 1-hour overstay when I explained why.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear mdns,

The pleasure was ours to welcome you back to Hilton Singapore and I am pleased to inform you that our newly renovated Executive Lounge is back in operation!

Thank you for your positive feedback on our guest room, Executive Lounge offerings and your check-in experience. The upgrading works of our facilities are on-going and being carried out in phases, starting from our guest bathrooms and more recently, to our Executive Lounge. My team and I look forward to presenting a refreshed Hilton Singapore experience to our guests in the near future.

It is, however, disappointing to learn that your check-out affected what could have been a much better experience. All of us take great pride in offering the personalised service synonymous with the brand and we sincerely apologise for our shortfall.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to deliver a better experience to you in the future. We would be delighted to welcome you back.

Auckland New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've stayed here many times but this time it wasn't a great experience.

First up while they disclose on their web site the exec lounge is under repair they do not disclose they are making huge amounts of noise using what sounds like concrete drills and cutters audible (as others have noted) through many floors throughout the day. Its a matter of integrity to be honest about things like this rather than spring it on you at check in on a late night arrival after 14 hours travel getting there and saying it would only be from noon onwards, it started in the morning and went all day!

I paid for a second night to have a late checkout and shower before departing on another 14 hour marathon. Had a shower got out and found no towels in the room. The choices were a face towel or bath robe. Ever tried drying off with a bath robe. On checkout the attitude of the person was glib and please pay $29 for the wifi. Waiving might have been a reasonable gesture but the suggestion was denied.

Like the tatty outside of the hotel both these leaves a very bad taste. They got my money, I got a poor value. Caveat Emptor!

Fortunately there are many hotels in Singapore that have better integrity and regard for their customers.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
Dear Aztec007,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service shortfalls you experienced during your recent stay with us. I appreciate your candour and your feedback very much helps us to focus on where we could make the necessary corrective actions.

The upgrading works to our facilities are currently being executed in phases in order to minimise as much as possible the inconvenience to our staying guests. Unfortunately during your stay, the works did start earlier than communicated and we regret this misinformation to you and all our guests.

With regard to the towels in your bathroom, I have shared your feedback with my team with the emphasis of upholding the basic processes that meet the requirements of our guests. We agree that this shortfall should not have happened and through our constant process reviews, are making sure that our team members remain diligent as they carry out their tasks.

Once again, I am sorry for your less than satisfactory stay. My team will contact you through Tripadvisor messaging shortly and would like to take the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. I hope that we could persuade you to stay with us again so that you may experience the true Hilton Singapore experience that I am confident we are capable of delivering. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Usually a great stay due to what the Hilton offers and the location on Orchard road. However this time round the two stays in July left a lot to be desired. Withe the executive floor down for construction there was real noise. So much so the room I got for my parents came with ear plugs. Just not good enough. Our room the second time we stayed just had so much dust it looked liked it had not been cleaned in months. Disappointing. Given enjoy this hotel so much normally.

Room Tip: Would not stay here until Exe floor Reno is complete.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Shaun T,

I am sorry that your stays with us in July were disappointing experiences. I wish to assure you that while our upgrading works are currently being carried out, we continue to do our best to minimise any inconvenience to our guests. However, I am pleased to inform you that our newly-renovated Executive Lounge is now open.

I have discussed your feedback with my team and we sincerely regret the shortfall in maintaining the high standards of cleanliness that we know we are capable of achieving. We look forward to delivering once more the great stay experiences that you have always enjoyed. Thank you for your feedback.

Peter Webster

Been to Hilton Singapore? Share your experiences!